Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Henaki

Nominate people for awards here:

Shtkn approved!

(not nominating mods here)

blaz:

alzarath - top player. has won numerous tournaments in the nyc area.

stickbug - strong player. has a brain. places top 8.

mr. biscuits - probably the only arakune worth a damn in the north east. places top 5 repeatedly.

shine - strong tager player from nyc. doesnt go to a lot of tournaments but is probably the best tager in the north east.

henaki - strong tager player from nj, has placed top 5 repeatedly.

SKD? (dunno his forums name) - strong ragna player from nyc.

nas - very strong noel. consistent placement in tournaments.

coma - hes matt fucking coma. probably the best blaz player in maryland. overall strong anime player.

shervin? - good tager player from pa.

mynus - really strong litchi.

xaqshinor - best mu player alive (better than pulsr!)

guilty gear:

mynus - best i-no ever

xaqshinor - xaqshinor

Why not just call this the "give everyone from NJ an award" thread?

i'm actually going by who plays blazblue and does well in tournaments or beats people who do well in tournaments. nj players have a brain but they don't really know the intricacies of the game generally. if there were a "has half a brain" award, i would nominate most of jersey :)

Nah, I think it's a good thread.

I just hope people post seriously.

zong needs some sort of award for having asian girls as his avatar for like a full year

:vbang:

Spark needs one for doing valk frame datas and stuff.

Also, whoever did translations for loctest info and CS1 frame data.

:vbang:

Spark needs one for doing valk frame datas and stuff.

Also, whoever did translations for loctest info and CS1 frame data.

oh yeah, stunedge needs like, every award possible. (well, gg/bb and translation anyway).

I'm interested in knowing what the criteria is for getting a "strong player" award, if any. Is there a certain number of major tournaments you must have place Top X in, or has it not been strictly defined yet?

I don't think that's been worked out yet.

I'd be hesitant to give someone an award for that, actually.

Unless there were set guidelines for who qualified for them.

ryokoalways for pretty much being the collaborative mod of the hakumen forum along with myself for the entirety of 09, also for translating like half of the cs framedata

honnou for rewriting the i-no guide and being the best gg teacher

shinjin for the article on fuzzy jump

I agree with ryokoalways.

He's helped a lot with Carl and Ara too iirc.

Especially with loktest info.

Spark, for buying BBCS arcade setup last december and letting all of washington play on it for FREE on any day at anytime.

I think that would go under helping the community, if you guys have that section.

EDIT: he also found the frame data for mu/valkenhayn/ makato, which is extremely time consuming

Also, Mike Z and Goryus for doing the same for SoCal and NorCal respectively.

(I thought about this earlier as well, I think it's a well deserved award.)

Maybe split up the Real Life trophy into Strong Players and Event Organisers? Just a thought.

Spark, for buying BBCS arcade setup last december and letting all of washington play on it for FREE on any day at anytime.

I think that would go under helping the community, if you guys have that section.

EDIT: he also found the frame data for mu/valkenhayn/ makato, which is extremely time consuming

That would be the "In Real Life" award by definition I guess.

I'm not sure what criteria it takes to get the BB / GG "providing insight" award, but it seems like A LOT of people should have this and a few that do i'm kinda scratching my head about but they must've got em for some reason.

(not to mention more than half the stuff people know is just from watching Japanese videos anyway or the translated sources...)

Maybe split up the Real Life trophy into Strong Players and Event Organisers? Just a thought.

The "strong players" award is probably gonna cause some debating, or the standards/definition for getting it will need to be really specific.

Someone mentioned strong players as high placement in majors. I'd give them out to top 8 at Seasons Beatings (biggest US BBCS tourney so far) top 8 at SCR, and top 8 of whatever EC major has happened.