Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rannos

BnB combos GGXXAC

I am a huge noob to Venom and have little idea what his bread and butter combo(s) even look like. I have not found any videos or topics that have the notation for combos. I have mainly been using Throw>6P>HS>CRS(it might be the HS version it's the slower one)>some random hit and that seems to feel like a bread and butterish combo or at least the ideas in it do. I would appreciate some combo help.

though watching some Venom players it also seems that Venom does not really have a BnB but just a huge assortment of what he can do and he is free to choose what to do, but I am very unsure. the character is easily the koolest character by concept IMO and I would love to learn him.

Thank you for your time,:keke:

For your throw combo in the corner, try Throw > 6P > 6HS > S Carcass Ride > 6HS > Dubious Curve of your choice. Learn some formations, like K ball > S ball, Pball > K ball, etc.

Check out the formations thread and N-Otoko thread, as well as the stickied "Accident Core Venom thread". Hopefully this gets you started!

Thanks i'll work with that and that should be enough of a foot hold to get started thanks a bunch.:keke:

does that combo only work in the corner or can it work anywhere with an extra linking move? also the 6HS is what was in my combo above in place of just HS I just notated it wrong.:gonk:

again thanks a bunch

BnBs huh...

Venom is one giant hit confirm...more than any other char I've played at least. Until you get corner/knockdown setups goin in full effect it feels like you never land the same move twice in the same position. Its random anti-airs or ball hits into the most you can make of it. The difference between knowing what you can and can't get off of it is huge for venom tho. Practice Carcass Raid loops (6P 6H down-up charge slash...) Off of a throw you can do this twice on most characters and still get knockdown and a corner set-up, as well as this combo working off of 6P anti-airs and it pushes to the corner. Not to mention you can mix and match combos together.

Hell, I think venom's best mix-ups are midscreen tho and tend to reset into themselves without doing a whole lot of damage. [Midscreen 2D > K ball into 50/50 cross-ups and hi-lows into 2D > K ball] xN

I'm going off on a tangent here...

There are some things you just want to know and practice which will lead into others if if you stick with it.

important things to practice:

[6P > 6H > 28S]x2 (the 6P has to counterhit or catch them in the air to combo into 6H)

6P > 6H > S Ball > 6H > K Ball > P Ball - A versatile ender that is great midscreen and leads to awesome mix-ups in the corner.

XX > 2D > 46S FRC > 6P > 6H... An easy way to go into damage in the corner or extend strings mid-screen once you get the FRC down (most important FRC to know IMO) this combo is slightly character dependant. Some of the heavier characters wont get hit by the ball unless you cancel after the 2nd hit of 2D, some will require a 46H ball to combo making the timing overall faster. Worth noting that you can combo 6H off of 2D > 46H FRC

X > c.S (3) > 6P > 6H... Learn which characters this works on (most of them) as its a nice way to start tensionless damage

Learn the [421S > 2S]xN loop, does good damage normally, great with guard bar. And venom's combos tend to not hit too hard late in a match on people with high defense/guts, so this is a good way to force down that last chunk of life. Not recommended always as it builds a large amount of burst for your opponent.

A good combo ender to know: XXX > 6H > P or S Ball > f.S > 421X (if you're close enough) or 623X (if you're farther away)

Good chunk of damage to end midscreen combos (especially if they have any guardbar) or knockdown into mix-up in the corner.

These aren't necessarily easy combos but they're things you can take with you as long as you play venom.

Summon balls, lots of them, every chance you get. You wont know what to do when for a good while, but that will only come with experience. Its not wierd to stick to one or two formations you like either, you'll come up with new ones to use as the need arises or see some in vids you want to add to your arsenal . For the longest time I just did K ball after all my strings as you can opt into a good hi/lo mix-up that can be reversal safe and go right into tick throws.

I don't know if the following combo is BnB, but I do it everytime I get a forcebreak Mad Struggle in the corner:

Air 236D > 6P > 6HS > Pball summon > 6HS > 623K > j.S / j.HS / j.D (character specific) > 6HS > Pball summon > dash far 5S > dubious curve or 623D.

Does quite a bit of damage, even with not a lot of guard bar.

aye, that's a good'n

if you want to get into teleport combos n shenanigans we can type up another couple pages

you're doing fine if you're landing that consistently, albeit to say you've passed up BnBs and are doing your own thing, just practice it off of different starts and going into different endings, IE j.XX >j.D > 6P..., XXX > 2D > 46S FRC > 6P..., 5H > 421X FRC > 28S > 6P...

S ball and H ball also set-up some one ball summon into teleport combos. H Ball set-ups need to be done early in a combo to make it work.

The more I play venom, the more teleport becomes my favorite move.

How do you do 6HS > teleport over S ball > air dash > air combo?

The opponent is never high enough for my air combo to land...

its just a matter of doing stuff quickly, linking your moves and movement

you generally need to start with them in the air for that combo, like anti air 6P >6H or throw..., and its harder on heavyweights, but its just a speed thing

Another amazingly damaging combo that works on a few characters (I've done it on Faust and had partial success with Pot. I believe I've seen a variation done on May, too) would be c.S(3)>6P>6H>[2]8S>6H>Pball>6H>623K>j.H>6H>Sball>f.S>623D

The only hard part of this combo would be the j.H. If you can hit the character and the ball at the same time, this will usually work just fine. If it doesn't, try dashing after the carcass ride.

Another amazingly damaging combo that works on a few characters (I've done it on Faust and had partial success with Pot. I believe I've seen a variation done on May, too) would be c.S(3)>6P>6H>[2]8S>6H>Pball>6H>623K>j.H>6H>Sball>f.S>623D

The only hard part of this combo would be the j.H. If you can hit the character and the ball at the same time, this will usually work just fine. If it doesn't, try dashing after the carcass ride.

You can alternate between j.S, j.H, and j.D depending on the character. Make sure to delay the j.D if you're going to use it. For j.S, you should not hit the opponent with it, only use it to hit the ball at them.

Although A.B.A. might be a bit troublesome...she just has some weird hitbox that makes Venom's combos all screwed up...

BnBs huh...

Venom is one giant hit confirm...more than any other char I've played at least. Until you get corner/knockdown setups goin in full effect it feels like you never land the same move twice in the same position. Its random anti-airs or ball hits into the most you can make of it. The difference between knowing what you can and can't get off of it is huge for venom tho. Practice Carcass Raid loops (6P 6H down-up charge slash...) Off of a throw you can do this twice on most characters and still get knockdown and a corner set-up, as well as this combo working off of 6P anti-airs and it pushes to the corner. Not to mention you can mix and match combos together.

Hell, I think venom's best mix-ups are midscreen tho and tend to reset into themselves without doing a whole lot of damage. [Midscreen 2D > K ball into 50/50 cross-ups and hi-lows into 2D > K ball] xN

There are some things you just want to know and practice which will lead into others if if you stick with it.

[6P > 6H > 28S]x2 (the 6P has to counterhit or catch them in the air to combo into 6H)

6P > 6H > S Ball > 6H > K Ball > P Ball - A versatile ender that is great midscreen and leads to awesome mix-ups in the corner.

XX > 2D > 46S FRC > 6P > 6H... An easy way to go into damage in the corner or extend strings mid-screen once you get the FRC down (most important FRC to know IMO) this combo is slightly character dependant. Some of the heavier characters wont get hit by the ball unless you cancel after the 2nd hit of 2D, some will require a 46H ball to combo making the timing overall faster. Worth noting that you can combo 6H off of 2D > 46H FRC

X > c.S (3) > 6P > 6H... Learn which characters this works on (most of them) as its a nice way to start tensionless damage

Learn the [421S > 2S]xN loop, does good damage normally, great with guard bar. And venom's combos tend to not hit too hard late in a match on people with high defense/guts, so this is a good way to force down that last chunk of life. Not recommended always as it builds a large amount of burst for your opponent.

A good combo ender to know: XXX > 6H > P or S Ball > f.S > 421X (if you're close enough) or 623X (if you're farther away)

Good chunk of damage to end midscreen combos (especially if they have any guardbar) or knockdown into mix-up in the corner.

These aren't necessarily easy combos but they're things you can take with you as long as you play venom.

Summon balls, lots of them, every chance you get. You wont know what to do when for a good while, but that will only come with experience. Its not wierd to stick to one or two formations you like either, you'll come up with new ones to use as the need arises or see some in vids you want to add to your arsenal . For the longest time I just did K ball after all my strings as you can opt into a good hi/lo mix-up that can be reversal safe and go right into tick throws.

that is very useful thank you, i've found the most useful thing is the 6P>6H>28S loop it pulls good damage and landing ch or a throw is not so hard, and it has been my main damaging combo. i have been messing around with S©>c.HS it seems like a very useful launcher but i have so far not found much i can do with it.

again thank you all for the information it has been helping a lot.:keke:

c.HS? Do you mean crouching HS? I actually don't know how to combo off of non-CH 2HS.

Actually, I don't think you can...maybe with FRC Stinger Aim?

off of anti-air(counter hit 2H you can combo

28S 6P > 6H...

or 28S~H (cancel) > 6H...

theres some more depending on how high they are 46S FRC > 6P..., 421X...,623X

(but you have to be charging before hand)

off of ground you can do something like c.S > 2H > 2D > 46S FRC > 6P...

close slash, on slayer for example

5K > c.s(3) > 6P > 6H > Sball > 6H > 623K > j.66 > j.S > j.H > Xball, for a 2 ball knockdown that goes to cross-up midscreen, or 50/50 teleport shenanigans in the corner

or in corner c.S(3) > 6P > 6H > H Ball > (move forward a lil bit) > 6P > 6H > 623K > j.H > 236D > [421S > 2S]xN

c.HS? Do you mean crouching HS? I actually don't know how to combo off of non-CH 2HS.

Actually, I don't think you can...maybe with FRC Stinger Aim?

carcass raid hs, sorry that is bad notation. as for 2HS non CH i don't know what you can do with that.

How do Venom players do ground combos with FRC Stinger Aim? The hitstun doesn't seem to last long enough to add in any more hits....

Should I be using S Stinger or HS Stinger?

S stinger, and its kinda tight afterwards

i try to buffer the run into the frc, or hitconfirm standing into airdash is actually easier for me, but i play a zappa and the short fucker doesnt get hit by it from anything short of the perfect distance =/

anyways, heres a vid with input notations on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oXotVId0Hs

worth noting you can also SA FRC > airdash j.SHD, forgot to put it in the vid

i got my recording stuff set up in a much more convenient way recently so if you have more questions hopefully i can answer them in vids now! Considering trying to compile some venom stuff in video format, there's just so much of it I'd have to generalize a lot of stuff and then have like 30 sections of just combo vid material

Buffering a run into FRC? Oh god T_T

Would you consider making a Venom tutorial?

Edit: Also, will you be attending NEC? Hopefully I get to watch some of your matches!

considered, ya did that, but i'm not really sure what it would include, i dont want to come out and say this is what you should be doing when its all so versatile and i still have a lot of room for improvement myself. I can answer specifics to the best of my ability tho

and ya, I'll be going to NEC, see ya there

Actually I can't go, I meant watch your matches as in on a stream or something, lol. If you can beat any of the Toronto players, please tell me how you did it, because I get my ass kicked every week by Slayer, May, Eddie, Jam, and Robo Ky...

So I guess playing Venom just comes with experience?

ya, thats what it usually comes down to

maybe a bit more so with venom cuz theres a good chunk of memorization involved

ps, i need a list of the toronto players, their gimmicks, and punishable habits :eng101:

i wasn't given your name, you must not be worth it =/

if you're goin to NEC, how bout an MM...its free right?

ft3, 10/20?

The only Toronto players going to NEC are the people I told you about. Which means unsanc isn't going.

And there are no vids of Toronto GG. Only BB.

BnBs huh...

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! <3