Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C0R

[CS2] Platinum the Trinity Video Index

I was expecting a Bridget palette honestly. Still loving it though; I'll probably use that one, but I'd like to see all of her DLC palettes first.

People tend to use the missiles as a way to get in from a distance, basically easy approach. Bombs are mostly used for midscreen zoning.

Also, notice that when they have missiles or bomb, they almost always just use Mystic Momo and fire three at once.

That's not what I asked. Look at the video again, Jin double-bursted down to 1-primer and Platinum used the hammer smash item which breaks 2. I'm asking if Jin would have barriered there, would he have still gotten guard crushed, or would have he gone into Danger state, or would it just count as 1-primer break (50% barrier)?

Uhhhh, there was one match where we got to see upgraded missiles and saw them used in Mystic Momo. An upgraded missile hits twice and does 1336 damage.

If it did one more point we would have a new meme lol. And anyone notice that Platinum astraled Jin in the Nanoha costume!? you could say that Jin was befriended.

lol, if they did one more point of damage and I'd swear Arc was trying to say something...

"Luna, get a hold of yourself. You're lapsing into l33t... oh my..."

Someone should organize the videos by date also. There's more and more videos coming out and I just want a quick guide to them from the 1st page if Cor wants to do it like that. I'll volunteer organize all the videos, if that's fine with you guys. Just want these vids to be organized by chronilogical order so that we won't be looking at outdated stuff like the Ragna boards... >.>

12/11/10:

Platinum (Tamanegi) vs Joshu (Makoto)

Platinum (peropero sei uzai) vs Ragna (BLEN)

12/12/10:

Platinum(???) vs Tager (???)

Platinum (Shadow) vs Makoto (Retasu)

Platinum (Shadow) vs Makoto (Retasu) 2

Platinum (Shadow) vs Mu-12 (Watanabe)

Platinum (a^ru) vs Makoto (Ryuuton)

Platinum (Shadow) vs Tager (akiduki)

Platinum(Shadow) vs Makoto (Ryuuton)

Platinum (Shadow) vs Jin (Ishida)

Platinum (Fio) vs Mu-12 (???), and Platinum vs Tager.

12/13/10:

Platinum vs Bang

Platinum (isuckreadinghiragana) vs Jin (istillsuckatreadinghiragna)

12/14/10:

Platinum (Shadow) vs Valkenhayn (???) @ 7:30

Platinum (Shadow) vs Jin (mosa), Platinum (Shadow) vs Litchi (Fio)

Platinum (Shadow) vs Ragnasstillgoodwtf? (Kaqn) <--- These battles were pretty amazing.

alright, I organized all the videos that seemed to be pretty important as far as mid/high level play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX8I_nw309E

more Shadow Platinum goodness, only it's against a Ragna who seems to have a lot of experience with the matchup =(

some things to note from what I remember:

1:50; Platinum apparently can't be hit out of CDT. Carnage Scissors loses to it.

2:05; whether this was intentional or not, Dramatic Sammy setup into the bubble was pretty cool.

17:50; Crossup j.2C into Swallow Moon cancelled into an overhead.

also remember lots of j.2C usage in the third Platinum match, but it wasn't utilized very effectively. either way, Ragna looks like he may be one of Platinum's harder matchups

edit: missed a video, sorry Cor >.>;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3rpxGhwyRk

first time I've seen footage of ground versions of Air Persia being used at 15:10. looks like the C version was used as a cross-up to finish the match.

Postin videos when I'm too sick to watch, filter, catalog and put up all the new content.

Make me look like a slacker.

Assholes.

I think that Ragna that's giving our poor Shadow trouble is Kaqn. As much as it makes sense I REALLY HATE IT! Great that's just what we need a whole nother year of Ragna sack riders. I can tell I'm still going to utterly despise Rags next year. At least hes not ez mode this time around.

1st: It's Kaqn. He's pretty much the reason why people think Ragna is broken and most Ragna players wanna imitate him(not me though, I like Tetsu better) and a sage in pressure, which I see Platinum only has limited options for dealing with.

2nd: as long as Ragna has 5B and Inferno Divider, he's going to be a great character and no i'm not exaggerating.

All of that is so very true. Also Platinum doesn't have a reversal that's always available so I can fully agree that good pressure is a pain in the rear for her. I guess we should have expected this anyway. But 4 times in a row. Ouch...

I guess everyone has a sour day.

That's not what I asked. Look at the video again, Jin double-bursted down to 1-primer and Platinum used the hammer smash item which breaks 2. I'm asking if Jin would have barriered there, would he have still gotten guard crushed, or would have he gone into Danger state, or would it just count as 1-primer break (50% barrier)?

Neither, his barrier level was high enough to not be in the danger state and he could not get guard crush if he did barrier because barrier protects you from getting guard crushed. And it would not count as 1 primer break.