Sign in to follow this  

Bridget Basics

I haven't seen that video, I don't keep up on the video discussion stuff lately. It wasn't on Youtube, where can I find it? Was it in the video posting thread somewhere?

Frenzya~

I had to play against Venom last night. Lol, roll all day.

Thanks a lot.

Wow, that video is crazy. Did you guys catch that guy's match vids? Watching the video I was thinking "surely he doesn't actually play like this" but he totally does. I didn't read the guy's web site with a kanji dictionary in hand or anything, but it looks like he might not go to arcades, and just plays with his friends? And still his execution is so good? That reminds me of another Bridget player, I forget what his site was called or what the URL was but I think his name was Juuji and he played primarily against a Ky player named Waa. He was a console player, and back in #R he would do stuff like throw the yo-yo down/back (you know, the old down/back set), high jump, airdash over the other guy's head and go for close S, 214K j.P j.2S stuff. I used to wonder if that guy was the inspiration for Slash Bridget...

MatthewGaw: You should definitely do whatever mixups and setups work for you, but personally I think the Frenzya mixups cost too much tension (to make them really scary, you need to spend 50% tension to RC KSMH K and then 25% to FRC 2D...) and aren't safe enough from bursts for the damage they do (which is sometimes half life, and sometimes only about 10%). Since you need to combo into close S to combo into KSMH anyway, you might try the 2D FRC unblockable setup mentioned above or simply do a combo that will push your opponent to the corner. But don't get me wrong, if you're winning using the Frenzya setups you should keep doing them -- that stuff does look very hard to block.

Also, unless it's changed in Slash, I think the K followup to KSMH whiffs on crouching Venom in combos (maybe only in the corner?). I had this crazy KSMH K RC combo in #R that did like 320 damage or something like that, but the only time I hit it in a tournament was against a Venom player who was crouching... and boom, whiff. I was so disappointed.

By the way, I think the midscreen unblockable in the Happy Ending video only works because it's against ABA. ABA wakes up from knockdowns very slowly, maybe slower than even Chipp and Faust but I don't have the mook in front of me to check. Other characters will wake up quickly enough to escape.

tnx 722! When I play my buri, I just mix the techniques from face of fact, so yesterday up to frenzya. I get some ideas and try to think some new techniques too. I also found your thread very useful and help me a lot to make my buri nasty. Do you have any frame data for buri? Do you know what is the best button to press when you are pressured in the corner? The best use of his 2P, sample like what beats johnnys' SLash, 6HS, 5K etc or other characters like zappa in raoh mode? What is the use of 8yoyo set before waking up from a knockdown? TNX in advance!

tnx 722! When I play my buri, I just mix the techniques from face of fact, so yesterday up to frenzya. I get some ideas and try to think some new techniques too. I also found your thread very useful and help me a lot to make my buri nasty.

Do you have any frame data for buri? Do you know what is the best button to press when you are pressured in the corner? The best use of his 2P, sample like what beats johnnys' SLash, 6HS, 5K etc or other characters like zappa in raoh mode? What is the use of 8yoyo set before waking up from a knockdown? TNX in advance!

Frame Data.

http://f32.aaa.livedoor.jp/~kosugi/guiltyslash/bridget.html

All you need to know is Buri can 2K,6P, and Starship through a stun edge.

And Shazay BTW.

You can CH 6S the hell out of Venom all day, and thanks a lot for putting the combo vids up for me.

Does anyone know where to find a Buri for M.U.G.E.N.? Yeah, I know I'm kinda late but we're all having fun with it =]

Do you have any frame data for buri? Do you know what is the best button to press when you are pressured in the corner? The best use of his 2P, sample like what beats johnnys' SLash, 6HS, 5K etc or other characters like zappa in raoh mode? What is the use of 8yoyo set before waking up from a knockdown? TNX in advance!

Most of Johnny's moves will lose to Bridget's far 5S -- try to stay at the 5S' maximum range so that even if Johnny's move comes out faster, it's not in range. His slash, 5K and 6K all lose to Bridget's 6P. I think Bridget can duck under Johnny's far 5S, which causes it to whiff. 6S is a very useful poke against Johnny because it counterhits most of his pokes and hits him out of his dash/jump startup, but it's risky -- from far away, he can beat it with 6H and 6K, which both dodge it. You do want him to try that, though; he has to guess when the 6S is coming, and if he's wrong you can punish him.

If you expect Johnny to dash after mist cancelling one of his pokes, do far standing slash. Johnny is at a lot of frame advantage here, but it's not so much that he has enough time to poke you again after dashing. This is something a lot of Johnny players seem to do, so I assume other characters aren't as good at stopping that sort of pressure. If he's just throwing coins and dashing behind those, you pretty much have to block.

Zappa in Raoh mode... that's tough. You can waste a lot of his time if you manage to run away, but you have to be careful not to get hit by 214S on your way up or down from a jump. Something like this:

high jump back, 8set, 214K, call yo-yo back, catch yo-yo, 6set, 214K, wait until you pass the yo-yo, airdash, 421H, FD as you land

works okay, but he has answers to it. If you manage to do standard runaway patterns like this just once, though, Raoh is almost half gone. The best thing is not to let him get Raoh, but you know that.

The yo-yo set wakeup has many uses. Any player who simply puts a meaty attack over you on wakeup can be punished by delayed wakeup and then some way to punish the whiff (throw, sweep, whatever). Against Eddie, it's actually more useful than you might think. If Eddie knocks you down and knows what he's doing, you do have to block, regardless of whether he expects you to delay wakeup, wake up normally or reversal Starship. However, having a yo-yo onscreen when he's rushing you down is better than not. You can create minute gaps in his blockstun by FDing a couple of particular strings:

Running jump j.K into double jump j.K j.H or land 2D/2K behind buzzsaw

5K, 5S, Eddie bite

2P, 2K, Eddie bite

To continue pressure here, he has to do one of two things:

1) Attack from further away, which is the safest but has little in the way of mixup rewards.

2) Dash a short distance after Eddie bite.

The trick here is to input Rolling Idou like this:

214[1]K

And try to time it so that if he lets you out of blockstun, you immediately roll out, but if he doesn't, you block low. Most of the time you do Rolling Idou, you will get hit -- but very close to the ground, and the Eddie player may not realize that he hit you out of the air. In fact, if he hits you out of the air with 2K, I don't know of a combo he can do off of that that will allow him to do Shadow Gallery combo/loop while still giving him good pressure options on block (note: I'm sure this exists, but it's obscure). Obviously this is a risk, but remember that sitting there and blocking against Eddie can also be risky.

...Um, yeah. So that's why you want to delay wakeup against Eddie.

As far as dealing with corner pressure, that changes depending on what character you are playing against. As a general rule, you want to FD to create distance, IB 2P or IB Starship (depending on whether you'll need the invincibility or not) to beat frame traps, Dead Angle when you know it will work (which with Bridget is almost never), etc. Bridget is better at escaping pressure than most characters if you aren't backdashing too much.

Also, unless it's changed in Slash, I think the K followup to KSMH whiffs on crouching Venom in combos (maybe only in the corner?). I had this crazy KSMH K RC combo in #R that did like 320 damage or something like that, but the only time I hit it in a tournament was against a Venom player who was crouching... and boom, whiff. I was so disappointed.

Yeah, I definitely noticed that. When Venom is crouching in the corner he's got a really small hitbox, some airdash pressure strings won't work on him either. He kind of gets owned when you actually get him in the corner though.

You can CH 6S the hell out of Venom all day, and thanks a lot for putting the combo vids up for me.

I did that a lot until he got momentum.

Also, this is AC but oh well~ character select pictures :o

Some of them look cheesy but I like Bridgets.

Top 20 Gayesy game characters, it's all lolz

BTW to add on to 722's escape corner pressure points I'd like to add.

1)It's risky but very rewarding especially if you know their strings. 3P the hell out of a low. Not many players use this move anymore but I sure as hell do. It has a great damage reward plus knockdown capability plus mix-up plus your out of the corner.

2)Risky just as well but FD to create distance then Running Starship.

3)Use starship FRC to whiff a stun-edge corner lockdown. Then 2D~FRC~B&B combo video style.

4) IB throw.

5) Know moves you can jump out of. ex: Testy's 2HS, if he pressures it you can jump and avoid it. etc.

6) RTSD =]

uuuhhhhhhh.... well, loop? um, not without holes, no. Except on tall characters. on tall characters, you can lets say, off a knockdown, 4set, dash in, K-S©-S(f) -> 2146K6(ad).K-P-P-SorK, land, 2K-S©-S(f) -> 2146K4P+K6(ad.)K-P-P-KorS ya know... something along those lines. or something with holes... like dash in 2P-K -> set4, 2P-S(f)-2S-2K, S(f) -> 214K -> yoyo return, low ad.K-P-P-K etc. Good places for baiting, and threatens to get real bridget corner pressure going, so people react "well" to it. Also, i find a lot of people fall for this trick, but don't abuse it: on knockdown with ksmh~P, set4, dash in, starship -> FRC, dash throw. Good way to get a nice post throw setup like 2146K -> [H], falling K -> DJC, dj.K-P(whiff)[release H], falling 2S or something like that. Good chances for baiting etc. You could even just 214K -> yoyo return, then either airdash into K-P-2S, or land into 2K-S© etc... calling the yoyo immediately can deal with people that try to jump out. If you have 50%, just super from that position, or do a string into super to help build the guard bar even more.

hi guys! Do you have a good corner pressure loop for bridget? or any delayed press for a CH? tnx!

knockdown with KSMH~P:

HSS_4>5P"meaty">2S>2K(whiff)>3PCH>RogerRush> wait for all 3 hits to finish>c.S(1)>6P>c.S(2)>KSMH~P

You know ive never bothered learning that standing p taunt storing thing. where you fd cancel standing P and when he gets knockdown does the p taunt without taking hits. So yeah i decided to fool around with that just cause... and how useful is this? It seems to go away as soon as i do an attack. I dont really get how this works.. but if i just get knockdown without doing a move i will standing up with the invincible taunt.

Personally I don't find the FDC trick to be very useful. From what I understand landing from a jump and completely recovering from any attack will cause the autotaunt to trigger. The exception is if you land from a crossup normal jump. Since gatlings bypass recovery time, you have the glitch until the entire combo ends, which is good for nullifying bursts and Dead Angles. The coolest thing to do with the 5P glitch is cancel it on whiff into special moves... do something blatantly punishable and hope their moron ass goes for a knockdown into okizeme instead of a big combo Don't take my advice I've mentioned the first post in this thread has some misleading information, I don't know when I'll have the time to rewrite it but something I want to cover: random 6S is not really a bad idea at all, especially combined with the delayed yo-yo return. Very punishable, but so is Testament 6H and look how often you see that move whored out.

yeah, thats one thing about slash bridget... with a held yoyo, your less safe poking options become somewhat safer... which if you are already using them to some capacity, just become slightly more viable thanks to that.

Does anybody else find it really hard to burst bait from a c.S(1). It's obvious you can j.c and air guard the burst but I get bursted out of that to much, even when I try =\ I mean, I've done and can do it just only 75% of the time, when there's no reason it souldn't be 100%. I'm watching these vids and other jp Buri's get bursted there as well, anybody else?

Does anybody else find it really hard to burst bait from a c.S(1). It's obvious you can j.c and air guard the burst but I get bursted out of that to much, even when I try =\ I mean, I've done and can do it just only 75% of the time, when there's no reason it souldn't be 100%. I'm watching these vids and other jp Buri's get bursted there as well, anybody else?

I don't block it 100% of the time. Blue bursts execute in 22 frames I think, Bridget's jump has to have at least three frames of startup... you have to react quickly.

Something I'm trying to learn is IB every burst I can and punish with dashing 5K->6S into air combo. Much better damage than 5P 6S and waaay more reliable, but it's not easy. With the new pushback I'm missing old-school easy-mode burst punishers and going for weak shit like 5P 6S, oh shit he's too far out, jump and set the yo-yo and fly around like a moron

I don't know when I have the time but I have a good idea of what I want to put up to replace the first post of this thread... hopefully I'm not too busy over Thanksgiving break.

You guys I'm a dumbass. The 5K 5S(2 hits), 236K, K followup, RC, j.D, land, 6S, j.S j.2S double jump j.S j.2S combo is not nearly as difficult or finnicky as I thought. The trick is really simple: don't hold 6 during the skates to speed it up. That's it. It works on at least some lightweights just fine too, I was getting it against another Bridget which I didn't even realize was possible before. Seriously, this was a total slap-on-the-forehead moment.

The trick is really simple: don't hold 6 during the skates to speed it up.

F'N LOL

Lollerkates brakes are located at the front near your toes XD

credit goes to "Amish".

huh, i figured this was do'able, just never bothered =P thanks for the heads up though edit: i gotta question (since I can't test atm) what's the damage for that combo?

What are some tips / setups for throwing / airthrowing with bridget? I know about the FDC roll after aircombo -> throw the tech... any other killer setups? also could somebody explain the proper inputs for extending the aircombo when the yo-yo is out? I know you need to roll cancel but I can never seem to get it. Thanks!

Hey Steve =P A really good one is when the yo-yo is on them and you HSB then running throw. from KSMH~P knockdown. HSS_4>meaty 5K>c.S(1)>c.S(2)>2S>HSB>66>throw or any gatlin variation. My abs favorite air thow is this. from KSMH~P knockdown. HSS_4>meaty 5K>c.S(1)>c.S(2)>f.S>2S>Razor Bear>air throw their IAD>6S>RC>6S As far as extending the air B&B the trick is to do it in the middle of th ecombo otherwise you end up only getting an extra rolling j.S at the end. Here's an example yo-yo out anywhere on the screen. j.P anti-air>j.P>j.S>214+K~j.2S>jc>j.k>j.S.j.2S>214+K~j.S>HSS_ This is the easiest for me to "improv" for an extended B&B

The 2set, roll FDC, airthrow setup is really only worth it if you're doing the SJI version of the air combo. The additional height you get from the SJI guarantees that the yo-yo will be high enough for the second hit of Roger Rush to connect, so you get an unblockable on their wakeup. If you're just doing the normal-jump combo, the best way to set up an airthrow is the noobish-looking 8set or 7set, roll, airthrow. Both of these allow you to cover an incorrect guess and get away; if you do the 2set, roll FDC setup, your options are much more limited. The other thing worth keeping in mind is if they forward tech and airdash over your head immediately after the air combo, some characters (maybe all? I haven't tested it) will be outside of airthrow range after 2set FDC -- the other options mentioned will cover that.

Thanks for the replies, looks like yet another marathon practice mode session. I always though you had to FDC the roll during the aircombo to extend it, but a slash will cancel it? another question I had - what are some good cross-up setups?

another question I had - what are some good cross-up setups?

With the yo-yo directly on top of them (most easily set up using Roger Hug):

Jump forward over their head and delay Yoyo Return, then:

Release and then airdash back j.D (crosses up) into combo

Airdash back j.D and then release (should not cross up), more difficult to combo after this.

And of course there's always the hilarious "run at them while they're blocking the super, then jump forward as soon as they leave blockstun." Bridget doesn't have a ton of dope crossup stuff in my opinion.

Also jumping normals will cancel the roll in the same way that Faultless Defense does. This means if you don't have meter or don't want to waste it on FDCing the roll, you can roll into j.P for the same effect as a roll FDC (not an effective replacement for the late floaty roll FDC, but for the early one that acts as a double-jump it's fine).

With the yo-yo behind a standing opponent, 5S(f), yo-yo return, IAD j.P j.P j.P j.2S, land 5P 2D

There are several variations of the airdash string -- against most of the taller characters, I prefer IAD j.K j.S j.P j.K.

Random stuff~

I prefer IAD j.K j.S j.2S~land~whatever, it feels the most consistent (to me).

Dash 2k~2p~5p~2p~2d is burst safe until the sweep and you should be able to frc as soon as the 2d connects into 2p~5s~6s.

Okay yoyo is behind opponent and I'm doing a standard B&B air combo. How do I get the third j.S~j.2S? I'm assuming its fdc roll jump cancel? Maybe I'm not doing it fast enough or something.

Someone make a video of how to dash split D:

Sign in to follow this