Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hurricane Rev

[CSE] Platinum Q&A/FAQ Thread

I think the first post needs to be updated a bit..

went ahead and did this. to rev: this is how it should look when updating new stuff.

went ahead and did this. to rev: this is how it should look when updating new stuff.

Well, I can't really focus on this now because I am really busy at the moment. But thanks. I will add more things on to it when I can get spare time

I have a question regarding dream sally near the corner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPlw876xxpk

@ 07:53, 10:26, and 12:19: It looks like after you blows the bubble, it immediately bounces off the corner and goes behind platinum. My question is, why would you blow the bubble in the corner if it's just going to end up going behind Platinum? I haven't actually played as Plat yet, so I'm not exactly sure how the bubbles really work.

For okizeme purposes, using the bubbles in the corner on a downed opponent forces them to neutral tech (They'll get hit by the bubble if they forward/back tech) and block Platinum's mixup. What you're seeing here is just that the Platinum player was too fast with it and they delayed their tech so it would whiff. It'll take some practice, but it's something you need to learn because it's a very important tool.

Plat's challenges 6 and 7 are all that's stopping me from getting her last achievement.

In #6, I have a lot of trouble landing the 6A (assuming I dash on landing from the first jump, it comes out just a few frames after Bang techs). In #7, 236B is the problem (it almost always goes straight under Bang).

When exactly are you allowed to use 22C? Oftentimes I see others do it after particular move but I cannot emulate it myself in many circumstances. Perhaps I'm just doing it wrong, I don't really know. :/ I want to use the move more in my combos.

But after a 2C -> Dream Sally in the corner, I can backup 6C -> 22C, but then I can never land the 3C. Could somebody instruct me to what I"m doing wrong?

Thank you all very much in advance!

You can use 22C after you use a move that knocks the opponent down. Said moves are 3C, j.D (Frying Pan), Mami Circular, j.D (Hammer), etc.

Plat's challenges 6 and 7 are all that's stopping me from getting her last achievement.

In #6, I have a lot of trouble landing the 6A (assuming I dash on landing from the first jump, it comes out just a few frames after Bang techs). In #7, 236B is the problem (it almost always goes straight under Bang).

:toot: Challenge six can be kinda hard.

Challenge seven seems really hard at first, but is not nearly as bad.

I'm coming back to BB from a few months off to play some other games and WOW I wish I hadn't stopped because everything seems so much harder than before...

For challenge six, this is kinda difficult to explain. First of all, dashes make the challenge easier (easier to land the hits, harder for the actual execution), but are not required by any means. Try changing the timing on the falling C to be just a tad later; this way, you can be closer to the ground earlier in the stun and can start your 6A that much sooner.

For challenge seven, I know for a fact that you just need to adjust the timing on your 5C. I had this problem for about a half hour when I was trying it. Let Bang fall juuuuust a bit more before you go into the 5C and make sure you don't delay the cancel into Mami at all. This combo can be kinda silly just because if the timing is off even slightly not only will it not work, you can actually cross under the opponent for some pretty silly looking whiffs. :D

*sigh* How do you do the Hammer glide thing with Platinum?

A glide throw is preformed by using a move the makes the character fall to the ground (Carl's j.2C, Litchi's j.2D, etc.) and kara-canceling into a throw during this move. By doing this the character will quickly fly toward the ground while whiffing a throw, but still keeping the momentum of an air-dash. These are useful because they allow you to fall faster and lower to the ground, so you're safer form getting Anti-Aired. Platinum can do this when she has the Hammer equipped by doing IAD > j.D~B+C.

I haven't had much success pulling it off, I'll try some more right now.

OK, I'm 2 week into playing as Plat and I could use some help. For starters, What are some good close range punish moves for careless online players, like ice car spammers? Also, after a 3C in the middle of the screen, should I just go for a 22C or should I blow bubbles? And, which bubble do make people use for okizeme? I usually use the B bubble.

OK, I'm 2 week into playing as Plat and I could use some help. For starters, What are some good close range punish moves for careless online players, like ice car spammers? Also, after a 3C in the middle of the screen, should I just go for a 22C or should I blow bubbles? And, which bubble do make people use for okizeme? I usually use the B bubble.

5A is her main punisher because it's her fastest move, 5C is her second go to punisher, but it's slower so the attack your punishing has to be very unsafe.

After 3C it depends on the situation, you can 22C for damage and then dash up for pressure or run away and try to poke/zone. Same thing can be done with the bubble, but with the bubble there's a chance they could tech into it and you get a free combo. You can also set-up tick throws with her command grab using the bubble oki. It's all a matter of situation, timing and the other players choices.

You can use the B and C bubbles for oki, B bubble allows you to create pressure and mix-up and it also catches techs. The C bubble allows you to create anti-jump setups and covers more space, however this one doesn't catch techs and will not touch the opponent until it falls down.

So keep experimenting with stuff and hopefully you'll find what's right for you.

Is there a video or a visual tutorial on what the Hammer-Kara throw is supposed to look like? I'm having trouble performing it... :(

I can do it the way that's shown on Sakaku's video. 966D~BC, which is basically just jumping and the air dash motion but I can't do it off 696D~BC, which would be the IAD motion. What gives?

It sure as hell beats doing IAD > Swallow though, those 14 frames before you can cancel Swallow give the opponent time to react and push buttons.

Edit: I'm getting the hang of it now with the IAD motion.

allright, i have a question. when i'm being pressured in corner by ragna or hazama. isn't there anything i can do beside batting them to death or trying to escape? when i watch Hakumadoushi thats what i mainly seem him do, i'm just wondering in my head..when can i move? i don't wanna mash because if i get counter hit or fatal'd by one of em it's either half my life or death.

Typical hazama often does 5b 5c 3c stance blockstrings, so after the 3c you have some time to do something. If hazama decides to to ressenga (overhead kick) you can beat it with 5a. And he shouldnt go for the zaneiga ( the low sweep that starts his big damage combo), So they finish it with jabaki, and he really cant do anything after that. Just watch out for 6b frametrap and be sure to look at his meter. Hazama will most likely use his overhead to land houtenjin so be careful. And even if you get hit, he really cant do that much damage without meter. Just dont get 3c counter hit. And use the bat, its really good to punish him for when hes not hitcomfirming his chains. I think 6a and 2c also works, but i havent really tried that out yet. Still new to platinum :3

Typical hazama often does 5b 5c 3c stance blockstrings, so after the 3c you have some time to do something. If hazama decides to to ressenga (overhead kick) you can beat it with 5a. And he shouldnt go for the zaneiga ( the low sweep that starts his big damage combo), So they finish it with jabaki, and he really cant do anything after that. Just watch out for 6b frametrap and be sure to look at his meter. Hazama will most likely use his overhead to land houtenjin so be careful. And even if you get hit, he really cant do that much damage without meter. Just dont get 3c counter hit. And use the bat, its really good to punish him for when hes not hitcomfirming his chains. I think 6a and 2c also works, but i havent really tried that out yet. Still new to platinum :3

yeah thanks. i forgot about 5a i just don't like mashing yknow? :/

makoto's mixup game scares the hell outta me. when she goes for her strings then her 5b(her overhead?) i keep getting hit by it...the sad thing is..I KNOW HOW TO GET PASSED IT. i try standing when i'm barrier blocking and for some reason it seems like i can't even move half the time.

If you block a chain and he does a C or D follow up.

Early 6A beats D

Slightly delayed 6A beats C

2C beats both.

God forgive if he baits it :(

I'm missing something. Why would he NOT do Zaneiga? It doesn't seem to leave him at any meaningful sort of disadvantage, and the rewards for hitting someone with it are quite high, especially if he catches someone who was mashing to try to CH his Ressenga?

Zaneiga is slower than Ressenga, if Ressenga got caught, Zaneiga would be to.