Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cirno

Umineko Fighter [Ougon Musou Kyoku]

In v1.00, normals didn't reduce combo damage at all, but DCs (80%), ATs (80%) and Meta Supers (50%) did. Not sure what has changed by now but you might want to try out combos without using DCs too early in the combo anyway.

Outstanding, omitting the dash cancel actually made the combo Reach 5.5k :o

So yes, Dash cancels are not healthy for damaging combos, and it seems that stun scales with it as well since the stun happened at the same point.

Nice info there dude

Video Reference [5.8k]

oh and btw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SQWtPqD0jQ

A japanese match involving Erika and her potentially "cheap" SP2.

It's not really stun scaling. It's just that you don't see the effect of the stun take place as soon as you reach the correct amount, but rather as soon as you knock down or launch the opponent after crossing that threshold. You probably just stunned the opponent at some point during B.Battler's SP2 either way. The opponent is forced to stand again during the SP2, so if they weren't stunned before, they won't be until they're knocked down or launched again.

That I understand, but I meant Stun as in "Dizzy" state lol

Sorry for not being clear.

My point was that Dlanor dizzied with 2C, like the previous combo which had extra hits. So, shouldn't the Dizzy occur before 2C?

Going by that logic, it's safe to assume that Dizzy scales as well.

About actual hitstun, I'm unsure on how it works, but I think that every move has a min. hitstun that allows you to chain into anything without the risk of the opponent recovering before the next move hits.

Unlike Blazblue, where moves lose its effective hitstun/untechable.

Yeah... figured out right after I posted that and went afk |:

Btw B.Battler's DP is invincible, this alone makes him better than his standard counterpart.

That would be appreciated Haus! :o

And tell me what his ability does too...

I'm still working on all of his possible mixups, but for now I can explain his ability.

Patience significantly increases the amount of meter you build upon blocking an attack. Even better is that both members of your team are affected. A Level 1 Guard Break builds nearly 2 SP for both characters on your team. Now, you obviously don't want to eat a bunch of blockstrings just to build meter, but since Patience lasts a long time, blocking some attacks from time to time eventually adds up. It's a powerful ability later on, when your Guard Meter fills slower.

EDIT: I just happened to notice this while practicing them crazy George/Beatrice combos.

post-20734-139515166838_thumb.jpg

What a badass.

To ignite some more discussion, I'll ask some Rosa questions. Does anyone know if any of her jumping normals are good for approaching? They all seem mostly air to air or beating someone else's jump-in.

Rosa should primarily use her jumping normals in combos or when she has no other option (see empty gun). Her Sawed-Off Shot gun has good range and allow you to stop alot (and it ignores alot, like shields and such) but of course you just have to keep in mind to keep it loaded, also be patient with your shots, and if one the ground throw in a few "fake outs" by either firing a delayed A or hold A then immediately follow up with B.

Rosa is best at a distance as most of her practical stuff happens at range. If you're going to do close up combos you better make sure your execution is on point! Also Rosa is pretty meter hungry to the most damage.

Rosa should primarily use her jumping normals in combos or when she has no other option (see empty gun). Her Sawed-Off Shot gun has good range and allow you to stop alot (and it ignores alot, like shields and such) but of course you just have to keep in mind to keep it loaded, also be patient with your shots, and if one the ground throw in a few "fake outs" by either firing a delayed A or hold A then immediately follow up with B.

Rosa is best at a distance as most of her practical stuff happens at range. If you're going to do close up combos you better make sure your execution is on point! Also Rosa is pretty meter hungry to the most damage.

Yea, I figured her jumping normals were just combo tools. I also noticed she was really meter hungry as well, and I definitely noticed she is not a good point character to start with. Thanks for the confirmation! Also, Shannon's damage is insane; I don't understand why everybody thinks her damage is terrible.

Heads up, nerf patch incoming:

"黒戦人のネット対戦を可能にするパッチを只今準備中です。1月27日(金)のリリースを目指してバランス 調整中です。ご期待ください!(07th_official)"

Basically says that BBattler will be usable online.

Maybe I should unlock BBattler after all... but I'll prolly stick to Kanon/Lucifer anyway. lol

Anyone got a save file with everything unlocked? Someone posted one here, but the link doesn't work. :v:

Heads up, nerf patch incoming:

"黒戦人のネット対戦を可能にするパッチを只今準備中です。1月27日(金)のリリースを目指してバランス 調整中です。ご期待ください!(07th_official)"

Basically says that BBattler will be usable online.

I'm hoping that a while after B.Battler is open everywhere they say something about the other 3.

Oh man, Rosa's combos are beast. She can combo into her 623AB from almost anything.

End her partner's combo in something that knocks the opponent down > Attack tag-out > 234AB > 623AB

2A > 5B > 5C > DashCancel > 2A > 5B > 5C > 3C > 234AB (slight pause) > j.5C land 623AB or

2A > 5B > 5C > DashCancel > 2A > 5B > 5C > 3C > 234AB > Dash > 2B > 5B > 6C > Super of your choice.

George 5A>5B>2C>6C>623A>22AB>3C>3C or 5A>5B>5C>Dash>5A>5B>2C>6C>623A>22AB>3C>3C

5A>5B>2C>6C>Meta>6C>6C>623A>22AB>3C>3C

RIP B.Battler SP2.

The three changes are about increased blockstun after airguard, extended "no-throw" frames and Attack touch attribute change against air guard.

Ugh I'm getting an Error whenever I'm trying to install the 2.01 patch. May I request some assistance? D: http://tinyurl.com/84ckljx

EDIT: Apparently I downloaded and replaced the files rather than getting the ISO lolz How fail of me, gonna try this out!

EDIT 2: Tried installing the OMKC using it's ISO, but it couldn't even get started heh http://tinyurl.com/75kk6z8 http://tinyurl.com/8yz3y6f