Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CakeWasBannedd

Dustloop Premium Memberships

This was discussed before,and I was talking to Severin about it and he said plans were made, but it never really went through. Speaking for myself, paying a one-time fee of 5-10 dollars is perfectly reasonable for having a bigger avatar size or something like that. I also know at least two other people who would be interested in this.

It would help with the costs of maintaining Dustloop, and make the members happy. Post up with your thoughts, and if you approve of the idea.

I approve, have approved, will approve.

$5 for shinies. Let's do it.

Make a "Donator" award. They're like candy anyway.

Ignore the fact that the OP got himself banned. It does not detract from what a good idea this is.

I AM NOT BEING SARCASTIC, I REALLY THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA.

this is already on my todo list. feel free to post suggestions for a premium membership, but i have no idea when i'll be able to get this up and running.

other things on my list include:

movign to a better server so we don't have to be so stingy on space

ads to pay for server

If I buy premium can I troll Dacid across forums without punishment

Your star does not shine like SJ's.

I vote bigger avatar size. Please.

...Pleaaase. That way I don't have to actually earn mod status for pixels.

As long as the ads aren't those annoying-ass popup ones, I think they will be tolerable.

SRK has ads, I didn't even actually notice them until today for some reason :psyduck: but I'm not an observant person... Either or, I say yes to ads.

Anyways, good shit shtkn.

@Zidane, NO. Because then you REALLY would ban blade. You with ultimate power is too destructive.

@Cor, you avi looks like a female version of Izuna from GG2O.

No rep system/reputation points, please...

Random SRK trolls were abusing negative reps (neg bombing), and the entire system was a bit silly (and useless/somewhat of a popularity contest), anyway IMO-- which was probably the main reason why it was eventually removed....

No rep system/reputation points, please...

Random SRK trolls were abusing negative reps (neg bombing), and the entire system was a bit silly (and useless/somewhat of a popularity contest), anyway IMO-- which was probably the main reason why it was eventually removed...

Um, wrong thread bro. Plus the community already had this conversation. Our moderators are also pretty observant and use good judgement in the award process, so it really can't be abused.

Um, wrong thread bro. Plus the community already had this conversation. Our moderators are also pretty observant and use good judgement in the award process, so it really can't be abused.
IIRC, this is the only (current) thread regarding premium membership, since this thread was closed: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?8598-Premium-Forum-Account

Awards? Um, I was referring to negative repping posters for whatever reason (for disliking the poster, his/her post/thread, trolling, etc)-- the more reps, good or bad, a poster had, the longer their "bar" was; and it was green when they received mostly positive reps, or red when mostly negative reps were received:O When they introduced premium memberships on SRK (it was 2003-2005?), they created a reputation system with it (or shortly after?), but it was removed in either 2008 or 2009 (for abuse or because it was kind of pointless?), I assume:?:

When they introduced premium memberships on SRK, they created a reputation system with it

A premium membership is only: Something you pay for to support the site, in return receiving small, vanity compensation.

A reputation system is completely separate from that, and in no way, mechanically, are they connected.

SRK made a decision to implement two different things simultaneously, however I see no reason to assume Dustloop would do the same.

@Cor, you avi looks like a female version of Izuna from GG2O.

It's Tsubasa Cat from Bakemonogatari, but yes, it is cute.

A premium membership is only: Something you pay for to support the site, in return receiving small, vanity compensation.

LOL, I was on SRK LONG before premium memberships even existed, so of course, I know what it is/was premium at one time (I still have my premium-sized avatars), and I did so to support SRK/Evo...

I assumed they somewhat upgraded the premium membership or something to create the rep-system (only premium members were allowed to rep and see who repped them), but looking back, I suppose premium-members simply had more access to it and such, IDK...

This thread was created for the purpose of suggesting/discussing premium membership (to the Mods/Admins), so I was simply suggesting that I believe (IMO) that a repuation system is not a good idea/pointless (in case they did want to use it)-- but perhaps I should have posted in the Site Feedback/Suggestion thread? Either, it is no big deal to me...post-work rambling<3

P.S. I also agree that larger avatars would be a good idea (but I kind of assume that would automatically come with premium membership).

The way in which your point was originally presented lead me to believe that Premium memberships where in any way tied to a Reputation system, which in this situation is incorrect. However if that is not the case, then I suppose we have no disagreement.

I think you could leech it at $10 Shtkn, most of these forum-goers don't depend on an allowance to buy icecream.

Yaay incentives to donate~ I think many people would donate JUST for more pixels alone. Even if it was just for $5, i can see more than a handful doing that. My 2 cents:

Reasons to become a "Premium Member":

1) Increase size for avatar

2) Less "exposure" to ads? If possible?

3) Cool little premium medal icon?

4) Extra lines or restricted to 1 image/more balls in your signature?

5) I don't think you'll need "special forums" like srk, but hey, if people want a "general talk" section, they can throw a few dollars in just to type in there. So only premium members can view and see these forums, but don't gain post counts? Just an idea!

6) Support Dustloop stuff!

Additionally, i don't think the rep stuff will be added either, so i'm not too worried! I always thought it was a silly idea.

Sol-Bumguy, please post in normal colours, you're making my eyes hurt.

As for the topic, well, it's your site, admins. Do what you want; as long as it's not obligatory.

Can premium memberships disable font colors? Three posts of completely-missing-the-point in hot pink is about all I can stand.

Can premium memberships disable font colors? Three posts of completely-missing-the-point in hot pink is about all I can stand.
i dont think premium should give you access more to a simple shiny, upgraded av size and less/no ads