Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CakeWasBannedd

Dustloop Premium Memberships

reading about the premium options, about the less/no ads thing, Does this mean that you are planning to add ads on DL?

i dont think premium should give you access more to a simple shiny, upgraded av size and less/no ads

Hey! this is the exact same font i use for aim.

Anyways, i really want a larger avatar size. I think ads are a great idea if they help you out with the server. But make sure you place them well :O Shiny, whatever. But larger avatar size is obviously pretty popular, theres a general consensus on what people want, aside from people saying "no i dont want ads"

to people saying "no i dont want ads" it can be almost unnoticeable if done well D:

You could also do donator perks and then subscriber perks, subscriptions could cost anywhere from ... $1 - $5 a month depending on how much you want to give, the perks are up to you guys you could have anything from

• Colored usernames
  • The ability to manually change your username
  • Larger avatar size and size restriction (by that i mean you can upload like a 150kb avatar opposed to 48kb or something of that sort)
  • Maybe being able to upload a mini banner in their signature
  • If users want something by there name they can have something ... that i cant think of right now

Bottom line , theres alot of things to offer (that doesnt mean it has to exactly be all this)

The idea itself isn't bad, id folk over a one time fee of $10 to support the forums and get shiny perks :)

colored usernames: No. i'd rather do it srk style with a 'premium' banner above their names.

larger av size: Yes. This seems to be the most popular feature.

sig banner: No. I've seen this on many forums and quite frankly, i think theyre tacky and annoying like autoplay music on myspace pages. I think increasing the character limit on sigs would be acceptable.

Name Change: I already do that for anyone who asks... perhaps it'd be worth it to make this a pay-for service haha.

I agree with paid name change, or some sort of thing that we do once a year for certain premium users. Currently, SRK has it set up so that if you have a 1 year of premium subscription that starts in December, you get a free name change for that year. Something like that or just straight up paid name change sounds good to me.

how able we enable zong's avatar window pop up once u enter dustloop for premium member.

maybe some extra smilies/icons for paid member too?

Shit sounds like a thread I made awhile back that was tossed around like a ho.

your thread just wanted giant animu avatars.

oh wait, nothing's changed.

i'm alright with bigger dimensions on avs, but if premiums get like 5MB gifs i'm definitely turning off all images on dustloop.

reading about the premium options, about the less/no ads thing, Does this mean that you are planning to add ads on DL?

How much time did you spend typing that?

i guess mark me down as the sole voice of dissent against awards, premium memberships, etc.

what matters is what you contribute; your avatar or your collection of gold stars doesn't make you exempt from posting misinformation or bad arguments.

but, i realize i am in a fringe minority on the matter, so i guess i'm just pissing in the wind here.

edit: that being said, if you need to make money to keep this place around, then go for it i guess. i'm all for ads; i'll even click them if you need us to.

i'm alright with bigger dimensions on avs, but if premiums get like 5MB gifs i'm definitely turning off all images on dustloop.

That won't happen. It's probably unlikely the file size will exceed even 100KB. I believe SRK's premium member avatar file size max is something like 68.8KB.

SRK Premium Avs are no larger than 73.2KB I believe.

you fuck!

On a serious note how would the pricing be?

Milk people. After donating the limit for a larger avatar,add an extra $xx for more pixels! $5 sounds good imo :]

the thing is that the feature for premium members need to be atractive, no everyone is generous enough to throw money only because :v:

How much time did you spend typing that?

not much really, only a click on this page http://www.tektek.org/color/, and done

you fuck!

you fuck!

colored usernames: No. i'd rather do it srk style with a 'premium' banner above their names.

LOL no

larger av size: Yes. This seems to be the most popular feature.

I will pay for this.

sig banner: No. I've seen this on many forums and quite frankly, i think theyre tacky and annoying like autoplay music on myspace pages. I think increasing the character limit on sigs would be acceptable.

lol I won't use that.

Name Change: I already do that for anyone who asks... perhaps it'd be worth it to make this a pay-for service haha.

Don't wanna change my name, so....:v:

I'd be happy with the bigger avi alone.

Prahaps have a $5 premium, then an unlimited donation option. Though I think a $10 premium subscription per year is fine.

If someone doesn't want to pay a whole $5 for a Premium account, but wanted say... A larger avatar or more characters in their signature, perhaps they could pay for individual things like that? Maybe 1 or 2 bucks?

I'm all for the Premium idea though, just... PLEASE NO banners for signatures, those things a hideous.

I would personally pay for larger av. The mods arent the only ones that one to design cooler stuff in bigger sizes. So I can put in more detail. I think it should be like $2 for a month, $5 for 3 months, and $10-20 year (Maybe also make members only threads with this option). At least that's somewhere around what SRK had it at, and I think those are fair prices. Also I think the reg size should be increase in height a few px would be nice.

Also it could raise money for DL to enhance and redesign a DL a little. Make it look a little less mute.

50-50

premium has been on the back of my mind for a long time, but i have a few other things i'd like to work on before that.

also yes, i would never allow images in signatures, those things are gaudy, distracting, and a waste of screen space.

So are you guys still thinking about this? I too wouldn't mind donating some money for a bigger av, and obviously this site doesn't need sigs. I'd like them, but I would prefer that Dustloop stay a "clean" site without them.

/necro