Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4r5

[AC] Johnny vs Dizzy

DIZZY MATCHUP INFORMATION

Poking Game

More to come!...? You can help!

Strategy

Specific Punishes

Setups/baits

Knowledge

I have had a short time fighting Dizzy but so far what I have come up with Strategy wise is: 1) If she pulls out the fish, I simply superjump out of the way and try to come in with a DB FRC, most times it works. 2) If she does get you in a Fish lockdown just be patient, learn your opponents patterns and try your best to block. 3) If she does the 236 K or 236 S, just throw a coin and you'll hit her guaranteed. 4) If she is coming from the air (not IADing) with 2S or J.HS, its an easy 6P into an air combo. 5) If she IADs into you with J.2S, I would suggest just to block for now because too many times I got hit because she is so low to the ground the upper body invincibility didn't matter. 6) Her 421 S move is annoying to deal with when she is holding it, waiting for you to attack but I suggest going for the tech grab. 7) Lastly just DB FRC when you are coming from the air because her 2S is an infallible anti-air. That's what I have so far anymore input would be useful.

Knowing how to 1-frame jump is useful. Dizzy got some tricky throw setups. Sometimes you're in blockstun and you got a laser fish about to come down on you and Dizzy is charging at you. You can't backdash, not a big enough opening to attack back, and blocking will get you thrown. Only thing left to do is 1-frame jump and block the laser fish and the HS (from the throw attempt.) Or super, or dead angle, or slashback.... a great deal of patience is needed. it can be hard to get in, but at least once you start hitting her she goes down fast.

granted ive only played against johnny a few times but, once he gets her in a corner lockdown with level 2 mistcanceling, dizzy is in a ton of trouble. She cant really superjump out of it too well either and most of johnny's moves will trade with imperial ray as its coming out (causing it to disappear). With a jacked up guard gage and dizzy's really bad defense ratings, johnny can really take the match in one combo like this. on the other hand, johnny is one of the easiest characters in the game to hit/combo with as dizzy (she actually has an infinite on him, not that those are too important). not to mention, johnny's best distance clearing requires 25% tension, so if dizzy gets a wall of summons, hes in trouble. All in all i think this is an even match, but johnny players, you should be spamming 6h all day long with lvl2 coin: it owns dizzy so much if she has no fish out.

I wouldn't say spam 6HS. It's pretty easy to CH or backdash and combo during the recovery. You can use it, but you can't be stupid with it.

err yeah i thought that too (;^_^)a that moves is kind of slow, spamming it wouldn't be wise if that moves would whiff and Dizzy can do something Johnny would be in big trouble especialy without any reversal option against Dizzy Pressure i got tons of Johnny experience for this last 2 years and he always beat me up with proper spacing using f.s,3hs,6k and mist whatever bullshit on mid range, since Dizzy don't have anything fast enough to punish him or to pull off on that range afaik well that's on my Johnny match up :v:

Back in Slash, you could pretty much JackHound all of Dizzy's summon attempts for free. I'm sure it's the same in AC. But now it's 25% so maybe you might consider doing something else. Anyways, I haven't fought a Dizzy since, like, Slash. So I might be a little behind on the match up. But I'm sure it's the same deal, except you do a bit less damage and Dizzy's holes are in different places.

In my personal experience playing that match it's not bad at all for Johnny. Good Zoning with well spaced Mistfiners and pokes makes it difficult for her to dry summon projectiles. If you can push her into the corner or get close you can lock her down with some strings into coin pressure, you can keep control of the match. Tagging her with a flying KJ FRC does big damage to her weak vitality. I personally like this matchup.