Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4r5

[AC] Johnny vs Faust

FAUST MATCHUP INFORMATION

Poking Game

More to come!...? You can help!

Strategy

Specific Punishes

Setups/baits

Knowledge

Item Throw

a.k.a. Nani ga deru kana? a.k.a. 236P

- Doughnut = Restores 15 life. Item Throw can't be used as long as Doughnut remains in play.

- Hammer = 44 damage, Dizzy mod x2. Item Throw can't be used as long as Hammer remains in play.

- Time Bomb = 80 damage, chip damage x2. Item Throw can be used 2f before Time Bomb explodes.

- Poison = 10 damage, Inflicts ??dam/??f for ??f. Item Throw can't be used as long as vial remains in play.

- Chocolate = Gives 8 tension. Item Throw can't be used as long as Chocolate remains in play.

- Small Faust = 25 damage. Invincible while falling. After landing, can nullify projectiles. Item Throw can be used when Small Faust lands.

- Meteor = 36x6 damage, Dizzy mod x0.5. Item Throw can't be used untill all meteors have fallen and are off screen.

- Small potemkin = 25x3 damage. Invincible while falling. After landing, can nullify projectiles. Item Throw can be used when Small Potemkin lands.

- Small Robo-Ky = 25 damage. Invincible while falling. After landing, can nullify projectiles. Item Throw can be used when Small Robo-Ky lands.

- Coin = 10 damage. On hit, next Hand Chop becomes a Flaming Hand Chop. Item Throw can't be used as long as Coinremains in play.

- Tarai = 44 damage, Dizzy mod x2. Plummets on hit. Item Throw can't be used as long as Tarai remains in play.

-

hm...this i think was mentioned before in the slash posts but i'd generally reiterate some simple points. hard match. Almost ALL of faust's pokes are superior to johnny. Faust's jhs zones johnny out. Faust's k/flipping punch(6P i think?) counters johnny's ad's and follows with combos. Beware of Faust's FB air drills to the ground(whtever the name). That counters a lot of johnny's aerial attacks. Once on the ground, Faust can play with it's 'facemask' times 2>flower>on my way. Beware of heavy 6hs RC-able overheads. Beware of fake attacks followed by that scalpel juggling laugh. Jump with fd blocks. 6P counter that long range scalpel poke > ad to closer range. Ad> kj frc. Close range mind game of either 6P/2hs/236 p>js>ensenga. Once johnny is in close range, it'd be a faust's nightmare. But don't go too cocky there, cuz faust's 2d could break your pressure when johnny cancel's it's moves into another GC.

Pogo Stance is what has the 'Facemask' and Low Flower moves - Blocked High and Low Respectively. Both have Advantage on Block but expect more Lows than highs IF they are stuck in Pogo form. That's because getting off of the Pogo safely is tough under pressure, don't miss the chance. Since Faust cannot block, use your super/Anti-Air combo. Faust's Item Throw can be what separates a good match from a horror show. Washtub and Hammer stop Jump-Ins and can stuff a few ground moves if you're not careful. Meteors usually cover Faust as he moves in. Doughnuts and Candy Bars are just for baiting your approach. Chibis stuff alot of moves. Faust's 5P and c.(s) are fast and both leave Faust with Advantage. Faust f.(s) will slash far, as an opener it might even stop a TK Ensunga (not too sure if it's me or my opponent not doing it right). 6HS can be cancelled into Item Throw, Pogo or Scalpel Pull. There's no need to RC THAT move..... Faust's fastest overhead can hit lower than 6P's Invincibility. Be careful about that, it's risky but it can happen, you'll most likely hit first though. Faust has the ability to build up the guard gauge well but FD his moves and it will cease to connect - His Pokes/Zoning have alot of Start-Up, you can block them easily. Getting in is a different matter.

the way jo's 6p beat fa's scalpel thing in this match caught my attention.

from what i can tell, you can actually beat the move altogether so long as you time your 6p during the scalpel's startup or early active frames (don't quote me on this because this is only what i've been able to infer from pausing nicovideo).

specifically at 0:29 and 0:55, you can see johnny counter it on reaction and completely beat it. is there any specific range you have to be at (ie: a specific hitbox on the scalpel) for that to work or can you throw it out with iffy timing and still win most of the time? it also caught my attention that every time he guards it he seems to be at approx. the same range (1:30 for a good example) so did he just make a mistake or would he not have been able to beat it from there?

i've never played a good faust so i've never had a chance to really get to know how he works, but i've always known that you could abuse 6p pretty generously agaisnt him. i just don't know exactly how to :v:.

As long as you get your 6P out before its active, they'll both whiff at worst. To beat it, you just have to be close enough to hit Faust's hand, which extends pretty far out if you look closely. Everytime he guarded it, he simply wasn't ready for it. There's no range that the Scalpel Pull can beat out a properly timed 6P.

so even if you don't beat it, 6P's recovery is preferable to johnny's blockstun.

oh wait, silly me. 6P should clash, at the least. If it whiffs, then it wouldn't of hit you to begin with.

I recommend using MFU Lvl whatever on reaction to Faust getting on the pogo. Quite effective. Or you can coin him off it for the lulz you will typically get as the Faust player curses you out :bad: Hard match though...I have a problem getting in as the Faust I play is very good at zoning. I also need to learn to see his flaming punch overhead attack; it gets me every time. Oh, and OTG Scalpel Enema is just downright humiliating...unless you choose right and it backfires on him, heh. What JO poke can best get him out of FA pressure?

If you can space it right then your js can catch fausts jhs on its recovery. I actually find it hard to anti-air johnny. Jumping in the using killer joker early to catch a 6p is apparently a legit tactic. 6p is your friend as it beats scapel AND 5s. However dont get to happy to beat 5s u cant 6p on reaction but have to guess and this can easily be baited. One of the things the johnny's i play( A3religion and JohnnyEnsenga) usually do is push me into the corner by ibing jhs in the air then instant airdashing in. Once u get faust into the corner its time to get the gaurd meter up. Oh and dont wake up super unless u see faust throwing out a normal. Faust can actually 5d that shit on reaction and dish out about 180 to 200+ damage of off it

Oh and dont wake up super unless u see faust throwing out a normal. Faust can actually 5d that shit on reaction and dish out about 180 to 200+ damage of off it

Faust actually has a fair amount moves that are reversal-safe meaty against Johnny's super. 2K, 5P, c.S, 2P, Air FB>SpringBack. And a number of normals that he can reversal between the superfreeze and the active hit. Dust being one of them, as well as: 6P and 2S, and GambleSuper and crouchwalk.

Wakeup super against Faust is an all around bad idea. Faust doesn't have any reason to give Johnny a wakeup super.

Faust's 6P is one of the weaker 6P's in the game. The invincibility cuts short before its active frames. But people get hit by it 'cause they're trying to deal with 2K and 2S, and sometimes 5P. KillerJoker is indeed Johnny's anti anti-air, but it doesn't work too well against Faust's 2K. DivineBlade is Johnny's almost-absolute anti anti-air, but the rewards off it are significantly less.