Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michi

Michi's Land of Wonderment and Joy [Commissions: Open!]

Cute, based off that super rough sketch anyways :lol:

Also, going back to

real quick.... mother of damn, have I ever told you how in love I am with the way you draw hair, Michi? because I'm quite enamored with it.

Sorry for the inactivity guys! Some of you guys might know (from FB or me blabbering on chat) but I'm currently in Japan and spending the holidays. I'll upload some sketches here and there but yeah. Sorry for the delay on the commissions. Will work on them once I go back to the Philippines.

---

Stream is OFFLINE!

http://livestream.com/michi_kan

Haha I was already following you on DA before i opened this thread!

Absolutly LOVE your stuff, the way you drew Makoto in that NOL uniform? Mmmmhh

Love you man.

Love you man.

Thanks for the support! <3 I've been meaning to draw the girls (Tsubaki, Noel and Makoto) in their respective NOL uniforms since that old sketch I did was just a food for thought thing and I also wanted to see how it would end up.

Love you man.

Thanks for the support! <3 I've been meaning to draw the girls (Tsubaki, Noel and Makoto) in their respective NOL uniforms since that old sketch I did was just a food for thought thing and I also wanted to see how it would end up.

---

I'll be closing commissions for the meantime, as for the ones that asked, I'll be working on yours, so don't worry. >u<

Things got a bit more busy IRL which I need to take care of. I'll be opening them again once things settle down. Sorry guys.

---

I'll be closing commissions for the meantime, as for the ones that asked, I'll be working on yours, so don't worry. >u<

Things got a bit more busy IRL which I need to take care of. I'll be opening them again once things settle down. Sorry guys.

Please do tell when you do open them again!

Will surely post here and change the topic name once I do. XDv

---

On another topic, finally did some sort of progress on that OC drawing I did. Haven't been drawing much lately mostly because of games and IRL stuff.

fUPwSZz.png

Also, my goal for this year is to be able to make at least 1 illustration every month. ;_; Sounds impossible for me but will try to finish this girl before January ends!

What method/program do you use for your line art? I'm at the point where I can eventually draw stuff I like on paper, but when I attempt to make line art out of it in Photoshop it just looks like shit and discourages me so I give up D:

What method/program do you use for your line art? I'm at the point where I can eventually draw stuff I like on paper, but when I attempt to make line art out of it in Photoshop it just looks like shit and discourages me so I give up D:

http://i.imgur.com/GLH6eRs.png

It also took me time to get used to inking on the tablet (around several months or so), it really uses up time and loads of practice. Don't give up! o/

Also the style of inking differs from person to person. Some people prefer using the pen tool on Photoshop which is similar to vectoring on SAI. I prefer drawing it out myself so I can have some sort of control on the line weight. :3 Hope this helps!

Lineart is finally done. I'll be posting other WIPs as well.

2cute

And the 'something else' Stabilizer is called is Smoothing... well on my SAI anyways.

http://i.imgur.com/GLH6eRs.png

It also took me time to get used to inking on the tablet (around several months or so), it really uses up time and loads of practice. Don't give up! o/

Also the style of inking differs from person to person. Some people prefer using the pen tool on Photoshop which is similar to vectoring on SAI. I prefer drawing it out myself so I can have some sort of control on the line weight. :3 Hope this helps!

I use the pen tool as well, which probably takes a lot more patience because you have to manually adjust the lines all the time (when using pen tool you modify the Fade values and such to get distinctive lines). I just can't seem to get the right kind of "tension" if you know what I mean.

I really need a better tablet too, I'm using an ancient graphire 3 lol xD Doesn't even have pressure sensitivity.

Been considering the wacom bamboo tablet.

I'm using a wacom bamboo fun, the smallest size there is since the bigger ones are a bit too expensive. I thought that having to work on a small area would be difficult but it was okay in the end. Needed some adjusting to do. As far as I know, the newer tablets have better pen sensitivity, like intuos and the cintiq. Bamboo fun I think is around half the sensitivity.

I'm using a wacom bamboo fun, the smallest size there is since the bigger ones are a bit too expensive. I thought that having to work on a small area would be difficult but it was okay in the end. Needed some adjusting to do. As far as I know, the newer tablets have better pen sensitivity, like intuos and the cintiq. Bamboo fun I think is around half the sensitivity.

---

Aaaand the stream is now offline! To everyone who dropped by and watched and chat, thank you very much!

I'll probably continue coloring her around tomorrow and start on requests/commissions again (the ones I haven't finished yet). Sorry for the long delay guys!

Short sketch:

LTYjaJ0.png