Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kuuhaku

[CSE] Rachel International Videos + Critiques

TD I was watching a couple of your matches and was wondering what this was http://youtu.be/M0FR_mDZr6Q?t=1m32s
dash 6a bbl. its the first combo in my cmv.. l goofed the timing for the dash and the inputs reversed. can l blame this one on netplay? absolutely.

(no)

:keke:

Why would you waste a burst for 600 extra damage in the first round in a combo that doesn't kill anyway? :/

I'm all for style but only if it doesn't result in an overall negative outcome.

Like you said, style points. There really is no other reason.

Besides I'm very nonchalant about having to block all day and possibly taking a hit. I've been playing this game long enough and I'm very confident in my offensive and defensive prowess. So now it's all about the style.

I watched your Winter Brawl top 4 matches... Your execution is definitely gdlk, and your combos are flashy as hell lol.

@Rele : I'm putting words in his mouth but that was just netplay casuals, might as well fuck around.

I watched your Winter Brawl top 4 matches... Your execution is definitely gdlk, and your combos are flashy as hell lol.

@Rele : I'm putting words in his mouth but that was just netplay casuals, might as well fuck around.

No no you're correct, I was going to say this but opted for a more detailed explanation.

And thank you.

l uploaded some more videos yesterday upon request l figured maybe you guys would want to see it too.

unlike my other videos which were casual with decent play, these seem more technical.

vs Isuyaru:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feature=addto&list=PLrUm-yV7Fm5FPWcQifUMZEaAu3hex2vdT

vs Toan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh5IYLde4ps

vs St1ckBuG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOHogxHeAgg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51HfUih63EY

because this was on a whim, l didn't ask the players before uploading like l usually do, so if they ask me to take it down, l will.

Rude lol. 5.8K off a CH B Lobelia nice~ this was kinda like what was in that combo movie ARiSA was in.

I got a question TD, when the opponent in the corner and you do 5CC > 1D > B Lobelia, when the best time or what's the best start for that? I tried it for a while, but they always tech.

omg I used to do this combo but just to troll people lol... Never actually realized you could optimize it with BBL for actual good damage. Good stuff

Rude lol. 5.8K off a CH B Lobelia nice~ this was kinda like what was in that combo movie ARiSA was in.

I got a question TD, when the opponent in the corner and you do 5CC > 1D > B Lobelia, when the best time or what's the best start for that? I tried it for a while, but they always tech.

The notation is 5c1d slight delay c b lobelia. 1d will wind them down enough into the baller 5cc (the one that gives you a massive untech time rather than just summon time). Relatively simple actually, you just have to consciously do it so you won't get 1d5cc or something.

I'd recommend it on characters like hakumen, litchi, and Hazama, which (5cc dash 5b jc2d j2c stuff) isn't as reliable on. It's also good for accelerated wind as you stay on the ground longer than the above combo.

Thanks for watching guys. I should have known something like this would already have been discovered lol

Can't wait to do this in BBCP

Kappa.png

Jokes aside, that was pretty awesome. I would've stopped at 3rd rep for sj.8D j.2C fatal into george into aoniku into 2nd BBL though :P

Great idea, actually. Perhaps this is worth optimizing. Without the j.2c fatal, average starter, and still almost 6k. Fixing these issues is sure to increase the damage by 500+. How exciting.

What is the aoniku though? I mean what does his combo consist of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mjTPENrZCs

Not my best play, but generally how I do things. One thing I already noticed and have fixed is not using 6C quite as much (I used it in some pretty stupid cases). I also tend to use her level 2 j.2C combo and now know to use 5CC in corner more often off Sword Iris confirms. Don't mind the very first round too much by the way, I have no idea what I was thinking there lol. Feedback is much appreciated.

just a few notes.

its not that youre using 6c(d), its decent vs noel. its the fact that youre not maximising damage or using it at the right times, and using it too much. 6c is an easy confirm into 2k+ depending on where you land after 6c. it also high profiles noel 3c, very important. it is free pressure (dont press anything till you land on block, or a late jc for autoconfirm/pressure)

im seeing too much standard pressure, you need to mix it up. fortunately for you, the noel was very content with just blocking.

do not cat chair on wakeup. -especially- if they aren't near you. dont even attempt to yomi 2c unless it will kill; probably even moreso here against thinking opponents.

overall, not bad. l would say your decision making needs work if nothing else. you played the matchup rather decently, something l wasn't expecting tbh.

Any of you guys watched UMAD on stream? :)

I didn't see the end, but you and Kirbster were still in it when I had to go. Was planning on checking the VODs later.

It's cool. I re-watched my match on stream and it was so sloppy lol but I'm still happy that I could give Brice a run for his money.

@Venussail91

Since j.C whiffs on block if they're crouching, you should do 6C j.2C into 2B or 5B or whatever. Or since 6C is +4, if they're not barriering it, you can just do 5A. For CH lobelia situations like 5:38 in the first video, you should do run up 5B into full combo. Or if they're too high, do j.B into combo. Same with Sword Iris. They're both pretty untechable so you have a pretty decent amount of time to run up and 5B into full combo or j.B or whatever. Rachel's damage isn't super high, so it's important to get all the damage you can. It's good to practice now since it'll be even more important next game.

Use less wind on 5CC on block string (or don't waste a wind on 5CC in block string). It doesn't break primer and it limits your options to pretty much 3C or A cannon. 5B 2B 5B 2B should be your go to block string if you haven't quite thought of what else you want to do. Just keep in mind that if they're barriering, you'll probably whiff the second 2B, so be prepared for that. You can do a winded j.A/j.B, 3C (if they're not super far), 6B A cannon, A cannon or if you think you can get away with it, do 4B. But this way you're still keeping scared while keeping an overhead up your sleeve (you can get 50/50 off the first or 2nd 5B). And yeah, like TD said, you want to put more variety in your block strings. But just by not using winded 5CC, you'll save yourself a lot of wind or at least be putting that wind to better use.

Thanks a lot for the advice TD and Bohemian Polka. I was always wondering, when air dashing with wind and pumpkin, is it better to use j.A, j.B or j.C? Also, is whatever is most appropriate character specific?

Any of you guys watched UMAD on stream? :)
if it ever gets uploaded to yt... you know

if it ever gets uploaded to yt... you know

lol tempest. get a computer man. seriously.

in other news, I doubt my critiques mean too much anymore, but I will watch if ppl want me to and link me to it.