Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GenoWhirl

[CS2] Valkenhayn Technical Discussion

For his wolf dash taking less meter, it could be a number of things. Since apparently the cost of stopping a wolf dash has been decreased, it's probably that the initial cost of the dashes/cancels is less than before, so Valk has more meter just from that.

There's still the possibility that the dash uses less meter per frame whilst moving; we really have no way of knowing without having official frame data for CS1.

Hi! New member here. I was messing around in Training mode(PSP version) and found this:

Corner - [h]3C > 2C > 6C > 2C > 6B > 5B > j.B > dj.B > dj.C for 3756 damage, 28 meter gain and a knockdown.

4956 if you add j.236236C at the end.(if you have the meter)

You'll have to delay a bit the second 2C or the 6B will whiff.

Tested on Ragna, will test it on the others later.(Do i need to test on everyone of the cast or just in some of them?)

I know there's a better option but i thought it might be useful. Hope it helps.

It does more dmg if u do 3c>2C>6B>2c>6C>2c>sJ.b>J.b>J.c

But for all his extra strong 8k-9k combos look at the combo thread ^-^ im pretty sure they hav it in there

I saw them. Pretty cool. But they demand more of the player.

Even being a beginner, i can try to help finding some simple but good damaging combos (somewhere around 4k ~ 5k.), that don't demand much execution if you guys want. I don't guarantee many combos though.

Hi! New member here. I was messing around in Training mode(PSP version) and found this:

Corner - [h]3C > 2C > 6C > 2C > 6B > 5B > j.B > dj.B > dj.C for 3756 damage, 28 meter gain and a knockdown.

4956 if you add j.236236C at the end.(if you have the meter)

You'll have to delay a bit the second 2C or the 6B will whiff.

Tested on Ragna, will test it on the others later.(Do i need to test on everyone of the cast or just in some of them?)

I know there's a better option but i thought it might be useful. Hope it helps.

It's a nice start for a corner combo. 3.7k isn't exactly bad considering his average damage. One thing you can try in order to get in more damage: Rather than dj.B after the first j.B, test if j.214B > 5D > [w]j.236A > [w]j.236B > 5C > D > [h]j.B > dj.B > dj.C would work. It would push the damage at least over 4.2k and give a nice amount more meter if it does.

You don't have to worry about testing it on everyone. Usually combos either work on everyone in the cast (with maybe 1-2 exceptions, but those are rare) or only work on Tager, so testing it on Ragna is a good basis.

Edit: Simple combos would help, yeah. Everyone has to start somewhere, it wouldn't hurt to have some more easy/simple combos listed to help ease in players just starting to learn Valk.

It goes up to 4577 with what you said. Couldn't see the meter gain now because i had to repeat it numerous times to get it to work. (Yeah, my execution isn't anything impressive.). And had problems with wolf cancelling, got to work on this. (Learning Valk) I'll edit this post later with the meter gain.

Edit: 48 Meter gain. With a simple combo like this. wow.

It goes up to 4577 with what you said. Couldn't see the meter gain now because i had to repeat it numerous times to get it to work. (Yeah, my execution isn't anything impressive.). And had problems with wolf cancelling, got to work on this. (Learning Valk) I'll edit this post later with the meter gain.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate that you're willing to test things like this. Don't worry too much about your execution, just keep trying and it'll improve on its own (and the PSP d-pad is freakin' terrible, all execution gets ruined by it).

While not being a new combo, if you have 50 meter you have the option of doing 236B RC > that combo I said except the 3C. (236B first hit has 120% bonus proration if I remember correctly)

5858 and 30 meter back. If you have 100 meter though, you can deal 7020 damage with air super in the end.

Nothing particularly new, but i thought it could be interesting to tell.

Edit: Found This: Midscreen j.C against an enemy on the ground > Mondlicht > 5D > [w]236A > [w]236B > 5C > [w] j.B >[w] j.B > [w]5A > j.DB > dj.B > dj.C

35 meter gain, 3082 damage.

Still getting used to wolf form/mobility/moves(Any suggestions would be helpful). This one might not be that useful, but who knows. You might end up landing a j.C in a match and do this. And there you have easy corner carry plus good meter gain.

Second Edit: Edited the post with the combo.

From the JBBS

Midscreen

Air throw (from a high jump) > Mondlicht Whiff > 3D > D > 2C > 6B > 2C > j.214B > 9D > j.A x3 > j.236A > j.236B > C > j.B x2 > Land 5B > j.A x3 > j.DC (3.8K Damage, 48% Meter Gain)

I can't read anything that isn't Katakana but then otes probably mean (If near corner do 2C > 6C instread of 2C > 6B) and the usual stuff

Fun thing, this combo does less in CS1. Must be because CS2 airthrow does like 1500 lolol

From a Low Jump, we have 5C, Rozen, and Mondlicht Whiff > 3D D > 5B > 2C > Mondlicht/6C (yes I tested this)

Rozen > 9D > [w]j.A x3 > [w]j.236A > [w]j.236B > 5C > [w]j.B x2 > [w]5A > j.DB > dj.B > dj.C

2892, 33 meter gain.

I guess everyone might know this already, but..well, it's here.

Pretty much almost any combo that involves wolf follows that pattern ([w]j.A x3 > [w]j.236A > [w]j.236B > 5C > [w]j.B x2).

I'll try something with [w]j.214A/B CH (against anti-airs). Not getting many ideas though, will think on something later. Sorry =/

Unless you start the j.236A > j.236B really close to the ground, you can follow up after [w]j.B x 2 with [w]5B rather than 5A. It leads to more damage by itself, and launches them high enough to allow for a second [h]j.B before the j.C.

Thanks. I'll remember it.

By the way

Airthrow near corner > 2C > 6C > 2C > 6B > 5B > j.B > dj.B > dj.C

32 meter gain, 3606 damage.

Tried the wolf part (j236A > etc) but I got a blue beat in the middle.

Trying to keep stuff simple and easy. Since we have more "elaborated" combos, simple ones will be good for people who are still learning.

Airthrow near corner > 2C > 6C > 2C > 6B > 5B > j.B > dj.B > dj.C

32 meter gain, 3606 damage.

You can probably fit a 2C after the 5B. It'd make the jump cancel for j.B a little less strict and add some damage/meter, but might force you to super jump to reach.

I saw Geno deleted his post for some reason, but yeah, the combo he posted before works.

Near corner airthrow > 2C > 6C > 2C > tk Mondlicht > 2D > [w]236B > [w]j.236B > 5CD > j.B > dj.B > dj.C

3777 damage, 23 meter gain.

Maybe he discovered that it works before I tested, but for those who didn't saw, this was the combo.

Edit: Sahgren, it goes up to 3798 damage, 35 meter gain with the 2C.

A few Astral Heat combos:

Corner

6C > 214214C

Throw > 214214C

j.214B > 214214C

CH 236C > 214214C

[w]236D > 214214C

236B~236B > 5B/2B> 214214C

Midscreen

6B > 214214C

5A/2A > 5B > 5C > 214214C

[w]5C > j.B > 5B (9) > j.B > 3C > j.A > Land 5D > 5B > 214214C

EDIT: MORE COMBOS

Combos from 6A Counter Hit:

Midscreen

CH 6A > 5C > j.214B > 5D > 236A > 236B > 5C > j.B x2 > 5B (9) > j.B > 3C > j.A > Land 5D > 5B > 2C > j.B > j.C > Konig Flug(4114 DMG , 45 MG)

CH 6A > 5C > j.214B > 5D > 236A > 236B > 5C > j.B x2 > 5B (9) > j.B > 3C > j.A > Land 5D > 5B > Sturm Wolf(4216 DMG , 36 MG)

EDIT: EVEN MORE COMBOS

Combos from B Moves:

Midscreen

5B > 2C > 236C > 9D > j.AAA > 236A > 236B > 5C > j.B x2 > 5B > j.B > 3C > j.A > Land 5D > 5B > Sturm Wolf (4600 DMG , 35 MG)

5B > 2C > 236C > 9D > j.AAA > 236A > 236B > 5C > j.B x2 > 5B > j.B > 3C > j.A > Land 5D > 5B > 2C > j.B > dj.B > j.C > Konig Flug (4588 DMG , 46 MG)

Corner

5B > 3C > 236B~236B > 5B > 2C > j.DB > 3C > j.A > Land 5D > 5B > Sturm Wolf (3890 DMG , 29MG)

5B > 3C > 236B~236B > 5B > 2C > j.DB > 3C > j.A > Land 5D > 5B > 2C > j.B > dj.B > j.C > Konig Flug (3890 DMG , 40MG)

Corner or near Corner Combo

[h] 2C > 6B > 3C > 2C > 6C > 2C > 6C > 2C > 6C > 2C > sj.B > dj.B > j.C > Konig Flug (5840 Damage, Requires at least 6 Heat, 44 MG)

[h] 2C > 6B > 5C > 236C > 9D > j.B > j.A > """Land 5C""" > 2C > j.214B > C > j.236A > j.236B > C > j.B > j.A > Land 5D > 2C > j.DB> 3C > j.A > Land 5D > 5B > Sturm (6.1k Damage, 50 MG, Guaranteed Corner Carry)

should the """Land 5C""" be 5D?

Welp, yes.

Before I keep updating I've tried a new format where I put all the midscreen combos on the first page and the corner ones on the second page. I have a backup in case this was a horrible idea so please let me know what you think

Another edit:

[h] 2C > 6B > 5C > 236C > 9D > j.B > j.A > Land 5D > 2C > j.214B > "C" > j.236A > j.236B > C > j.B > j.A > Land 5D > 2C > j.DB> 3C > j.A > Land 5D > 5B > Sturm (6.1k Damage, 50 MG, Guaranteed Corner Carry)

Assuming the "C" after the 2C > j.214B is supposed to be a D.

Edit: If it really is a typo, it's also in the suggested 5C on CH/Crouching combo.

I'm fine with the new format, it makes it easier to sort out the corner/midscreen combos.

[h] 2C > 6B > 5C > 236C > 9D > j.B > j.A > Land 5D > 2C > 6C > Delay 2C > j.214B > 2D > 236B > j.236B > j.236A > C > j.B x2 > 3C > j.A > 5B > Sturm (6.7k Damage , 55 MG, Must be at least in the middle of the stage)

The opponent techs out before the last hit of Sturm Wolf.

Replacement?

2C > 6B > 5C > 236C > 9D > j.B > j.A > Land 5D > 2C > 6C > Delay 2C > j.214B > 2D > 236B > j.236B > j.236A > C > j.B x2 > 5B > j.DB > dj.B > j.C > Konig Flug (6611 DMG, 65 MG, Must be at least in the middle of the stage)

Big reason to NEVER be in the corner with Valkenhayn.

2C > 236B > RC > 2C > 6C > 2C (Delayed) > 6B > 2C > 5C > j.214B > 2D > 236B > j.236A > j.236B > j.B x2 > 5B (9) > j.B > 3C > j.A > Land 5D > 5B > 2C > j.B > dj.B > j.C > Konig Flug (8271 DMG , 50 Meter Required, 54 MG)