Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4r5

[AC] Johnny vs Johnny

JOHNNY MATCHUP INFORMATION

Poking Game

More to come!...? You can help!

Strategy

Specific Punishes

Setups/baits

Knowledge

pretty catchy thing here... just think of what opponent you have (whats his playstyle?), and then guess what you would do with ur char in your position... then hope u guessed right and reversal the situation into your advantage. btw. air combos are much more imoptant to time if you dont want to be reversaled by a dejavu (same combo against you!)

at least thats so with me...

If in the opening, the other Johnny throws a coin, dashing under or 6K is a good option.

If the other johnny pressures you too much on MC pressure, use 2hs at the right time + s.dust as cancel. But dun overdo it =/ One of my major mistake is to be too obsessed with fancy combos...I mean, for any characters other than johnny, there are character specific combos. This mirror match isn't really about combos anymore. It's about who can be more anal to think of attacks that suppresses the other. e.g. if you overdo a 2hs>s.d, the other johnny should simply pressure you with s.hs>mc cancel>reshuffle. if you overdo iad, the other johnny simply holds their 236P MF / do a 6p / 6k. if you overdo a s.hs>mc>reshuffle, the other could bs>6hs. If you overdo a 6hs, just iad and do what the heck you want. It's basically karma match =/ of which i hate.

TK ensengas tend to catch other johnnys off guard, seeing that johnny players know blocking low is safe for everything until a dust happens, with no other overheads tk ensengas rather fast.