Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CS2] Taokaka General Discussion

Well, let's look at the Japanese forum as of today, and see if we can find some Taokaka info. Assume that all loketest changes stand, unless we're told otherwise.

All forum posts could possibly be false or translated wrong, don't think of anything you see here as the full truth yet.

http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/45148/1288378865

- It seems the new j.D is quite awkward. It stops really early.

- People don't know how to use the new j.B yet, but it seems like it has good range.

- Damage sounds fine, although I don't know which combos are trolls and which are real. But 3C in the corner connects with 22C and 236A in CS1 even without gatlings, so that should be the same way in cs2 unless stated otherwise.

- 3C is now special cancelable to make up for 3C->5D being gone? (unconfirmed), apparently 3C on guard is very risky now.

- AB2 combos still possible?

- 5B→6A→j.2D~B→22CxN→2D→j.2D~C→j.B(1)→6D~6→j.B→9D~9→j.C→JC→j.236Bx5 [unknown Damage]

This looks legit, although it uses j.2D twice. But I guess one same move penalty couldn't hurt a combo THAT much.

- CH 5B->5B works again, possibly CH 5B->6C? I'm guessing they put the levels of 5B and 5C back to CT values.

- 6B->5B works on Lambda.

- 5B->5C->j.B->j.2B->j.C->5B works on Tager, Jin, and Hakumen, although it's a joke combo apparently. Who knows, might be useful for resets.

Well...it doesn't look bad. But I ask myself, since they nerfed her "ran away" options why still let her HP 9,5k? In CS it was fine since we could abuse her drive and not getting hit and we had high damage, but now they nerfed both pretty hard and she still have 9,5k HP and 4 primes (also guard break is more dangerous now).

If u can still combo 3c in the corner we will be ok anyway, i kno u can dash 5b after 3c no gatling, n larger chara can still hit 5d after recovery of move

Try 3C->22C, 3C->236A or 3C->5B in the corner in CS1. They all work. The only thing that was removed was the gatling into 5D, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If 22C works, that means 3C combos in the corner are just fine, as that move barely prorates at all.

Well...it doesn't look bad. But I ask myself, since they nerfed her "ran away" options why still let her HP 9,5k? In CS it was fine since we could abuse her drive and not getting hit and we had high damage, but now they nerfed both pretty hard and she still have 9,5k HP and 4 primes (also guard break is more dangerous now).

Well, she does still have 5D, j.4D, Triple Jump, Double Airdash, [2]7/9D, all of her cancels, and etc... as movement. She just can't spam j.D anymore. It's probably for the best, but will take some getting used to.

Well, I haven't heard of any other change to 3C other than losing its 5D link. So I'd assume that would work?

Also, seems like they're trying to work hard to find a new AB2 combo. Good luck to those players.

I think it has wallbounce when linked from something, and slidedown when used by itself. Might be wrong though.

Well, after taking a quick look at the list, Tao doesn't look THAT bad. I think we were over-reacting previously, but only time will tell once the pros in Japan find some combos for us. All in all, if Tao did even take a hit on the tier list, I'd say she's around A- / B (since most Tier charts I've seen list CS1 Tao as S).

Well, all of the previous changes stand unless somebody says something different.

Not having a reliable midscreen combo that's not prorated by 6A might end up being a problem, the loss of j.D movement does really affect us, and the fact that our HP stays the same and we're losing half of our damage output in some cases. But at least it doesn't look too bleak. We'll have to see.

5B>3C>猫3>2D>JDA>J8D>J8D6>猫2 3793ダメ

So apparently

5B > 3C > Cat Spirit 3 > 2D > j.D~A > j.8D > j.8D~6 > Cat Spirit 2 does 3.7k

Possibly the result of 3C being special cancelable. But isn't there two up drives there? I thought every drive same move prorated now.

I think you mean "5B->3C" instead of "5B->5B"...and this is a coner combo for sure...I'm still worried about our midscreen options though.

About using 2 j.8D in that combo, I don't think it'll be a problem using the same drive move to end the combo since prorate doesn't affect Cat2 damage...the worst possibility is that the last hit of Cat2 may not hit in some combos.

Wait if its special cancelable i onder if u could do 3c 214d j2d'b 22c combo??

Maybe, maybe not...probably not. Remember that j.2D direction is more vertical now, also if we could do that combo...I think they would have posted it already.

Well who knows its only the start right, besides im jus theory fighting lol, i think with j2d bein more vert has more of a possibilty of workin due to hittin the floor quicker be4 opp techs

I think you mean "5B->3C" instead of "5B->5B"...and this is a coner combo for sure...I'm still worried about our midscreen options though.

About using 2 j.8D in that combo, I don't think it'll be a problem using the same drive move to end the combo since prorate doesn't affect Cat2 damage...the worst possibility is that the last hit of Cat2 may not hit in some combos.

I'm pretty sure the post was talking about attack level.

CH 5B -> 5B was possible in CT, but not CS.

Center of the screen

~>3C>236A>5D~B>22CxN>2D>6D~6>j.C>9D~9>j.2D~C>j.C>9D~9>j.2D~6>j.236Bx5

If you're close, you can substitute in 236C. Looks like we had nothing to worry about combo wise? This post says CS2 Tao averages 3000-4000.... just like CS1 Tao. I hope this is real.

Looks like we had nothing to worry about combo wise? This post says CS2 Tao averages 3000-4000.... just like CS1 Tao. I hope this is real.

If we can infact average 3k-4k damage, then we should actually be able to do just fine in CS2. This is great news, if it's real. Unless someone is being a complete douche, or they're calculating things wrong, I see no reason to lie.

Another thing that got me thinking is that it seems most of Tao's launchers are now based on special cancels (if 3C can) and Counter hits with things like 5C, 5B, and a few others. It could lead to quite an interesting play style. If all the above stuff is true, then I can imagine Tao using her drives to space properly, then using CH and 3C special cancels to launch. What I'm really interested in seeing is how the new j.B is used.

Wait a minute, is he using 3D->Cat2? I thought you couldn't cancel drive into Cat2 anymore.

From what I've seen, it does seem possible to do 3D > 236B.

Another thing that got me thinking. If 3C is able to be canceled with specials, I wonder if stuff like 3C > 214D > 5C(?)> 2D would be possible.

I'm not really worried about damage or combos (anyone who thought that she'd have no combos in CS2 needs to have his head checked), I was worried whether they'd nerf too much her neutral game and approach. As long as they're not nerfing too much her moves' hitboxes/properties and she can get in as usual I am fine with having a damage nerf.

I like the fact that 3C is special cancelable and not drive cancelable, finally people will stop using 3C in blockstrings (it was too easy to reset/safely get away by drive canceling that right away) and learn to hitconfirm.

As for people discussing tiers, you guys need to realize that:

- you can't discuss a character's possible tier placement solely based on its changes (what about the other characters? We still have to know how much they've changed for the better/worse)

- it's too freaking early.

so please drop the "low tier/high tier" discussion already and let's try atleast to discern the useful information.

ダンシングエッジのヒットストップが気持ち悪すぎ

いままでありがとうタオカカ

Lol. Guess there was people who liked to "abuse" full-screen drive. I am glad they toned that down, Her drives might be used for mobility but they made her way too good in CS1.