Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CS2] Taokaka General Discussion

Midscreen you can't do 5B->3C->236A anymore.

Dang.

Oh well.

So we have to use 6A then?

5B->6A doesn't combo anymore on standing characters and people who know the matchup usually block high most of time lol.

5B->6A doesn't combo anymore on standing characters and people who know the matchup usually block high most of time lol.

So... no more midscreen combos then?

Unless you hit a j.C->6A or an air-to-air CH, the only universal midscreen combo that is meterless is 5B->5C->2C->236A->5D~A. Some players are testing a new como route using 5B->5C->JC->j.B->j.2B->j.C->6A, but it doesn't work against some characters like Ragna, Lambda, Noel, Makoto, Platinum and Relius.

Unless you hit a j.C->6A or an air-to-air CH, the only universal midscreen combo that is meterless is 5B->5C->2C->236A->5D~A. Some players are testing a new como route using 5B->5C->JC->j.B->j.2B->j.C->6A, but it doesn't work against some characters like Ragna, Lambda, Noel, Makoto, Platinum and Relius.

5D~A on standing?

What does that offer you? Frame advantage? Is it the same in CS2?

Yes for both questions.

Good shit, what is it? +1,2,3, the higher the number the larger my Taorection will be.

5D~A is -2 on block, don't know how much on hit but I think it's +1. So what I like to do vs mashy people is (5B/2B->5C->2C->236AxN->5D~A)xN.

5D~B I think changes based on how far away you were when you did it, but its regular disadv on block is -5. The B cancel is mostly for combos and j.D~B. And shit like 236AxN->far 5D~B->4B+C. Oh yeah, and crouching loop combos.

5D~C is +2 on block, but because it leaves you in the air (and too far up in the air to j.A directly) you have to eternally bait anti airs and jabs after it with stuff like backdashes and jump cancels.

5D~RC exposes people.

Crouching loop combos you say?

6B,j.D-B,(5B,5C,J.D-B) X 3 only works on crouching opponents. It's universal but the timing is different on some characters like litchi, does anyone know if this is still in CSEX?

It doesn't need to be a 6B starter, any stuff you do and your opponent is crouching you can JC->j.D~B->5B->5C (the number of times depends on the starter). Also this is not possible in CSEX anymore because j.D has less untechable time on grounded characters.

Luna is asking tons of questions lol.

It's mainly because I'm giving a shit for a change.

Whenever I play another character, I'll be losing to someone free, get pissed of and say "ok main time".

Makoto > lose > fuck this, Noel time

Lambda > Lose > fuck this, Noel time

Plat > Lose > fuck this, Noel time

But with CS2 Tao, for some reason I keep coming back for more, hell I lost twice in a row to Lumin with Tao today, and picked her again just to body him, my main problem with other characters was that I didn't care to learn matchups, it wasn't that serious to me, with CS2 Tao it's like "I got this... eventually".

I'm also having fun again, the only big problem I have with Tao so far is her fucking j.236B not doing what I want it to sometimes, and me getting punished for it.

It's mainly because I'm giving a shit for a change.

Whenever I play another character, I'll be losing to someone free, get pissed of and say "ok main time".

Makoto > lose > fuck this, Noel time

Lambda > Lose > fuck this, Noel time

Plat > Lose > fuck this, Noel time

But with CS2 Tao, for some reason I keep coming back for more, hell I lost twice in a row to Lumin with Tao today, and picked her again just to body him, my main problem with other characters was that I didn't care to learn matchups, it wasn't that serious to me, with CS2 Tao it's like "I got this... eventually".

I'm also having fun again, the only big problem I have with Tao so far is her fucking j.236B not doing what I want it to sometimes, and me getting punished for it.

You're having trouble with 3D~3 -> j.236Bx5 eh?

Because of the massive hitstop drives got in CS2, this timing takes a bit of work to get into muscle memory.

You're having trouble with 3D~3 -> j.236Bx5 eh?

Because of the massive hitstop drives got in CS2, this timing takes a bit of work to get into muscle memory.

I knew it was 3D~3, the fucking combo thread didn't specify, so I was wondering why sometimes I'd go backwards, other times I'd go forward.

I figured it out on my own though, but my main problem with j.236B though is that it's so specific, if you so much as accidentally do an extra jump after 2D~C, you already fucked your combo :C

I'm still having a blast though, I think it has a lot to do with j.B being her old j.236B, and she still has her old j.B, it just makes her more fun for me I dunno.

Also a question, what should I be doing after a FC Max charge 2C? I get about 4.7k meterless and loopless, but for a move that slow and unpractical I suspect that I should be getting much more. Also what is my go to combo after a max range CH 5C?

this timing takes a bit of work to get into muscle memory.

It must be first freed from 2D's to let anything inside :)

It must be first freed from 2D's to let anything inside :)

Pretty sure that's a Noel joke.

Nigga you ain't seen an American Noel until you've seen LunaKage :3

Hands off the Panda!!!

Also a question, what should I be doing after a FC Max charge 2C?

(midscreen) GC -> [2C] FC -> [6C] -> 5d~b (hit) > 5c > 9d loop > ender

(corner/near corner) GC -> [2C] FC -> [6C] -> 6C -> 236CC -> 5D~A -> j.8D~A (!!!9 reps!!!) loop > ender

Also what is my go to combo after a max range CH 5C?

-(dash)5b > 3c (3 hits) > 236a (or RC, if doesn't reach) > 5d~b (hit) >5c > 9d loop > ender

If too far enough, then drive grimmicks or some stuff.

Baka-baka iwanaide kudasai!

Ah so basically go into her loop off of some crazy shit?

Makes sense, I suppose loopless I'm pretty much capped at 4.7 lol

Also I remember trying to link dash 5B off of CH 5C last night and it wasn't working, guess I need to try harder.

We should thank Luna for making the Tao boards active lol.

Shoot, if I make myself comfortable this place will be NVG part 2, hell NVG is the MI thread part 2 as it is.

My point is: wherever I go, shit gets crazy. It's up to XDest if he wants to welcome it, or ban my goofy ass :3