Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CS2] Taokaka General Discussion

Well couldnt 3c still be used in a blockstring gatlinged into cs1 which then could be follow by drive main it safe anyway, jus theory

Sure, but I think you're forgetting how bloody easy is to IB both a full 3C and her specials. Even if they nerfed the IB, by the time she uses cat1 the opponent has already IBed atleast two of the three hits of 3C, and can IB CAT1/CAT3 first hit as well. Not saying you can't do that, but is it really worth the risk?

They way it looks right now using 3C in blockstrings is going to get her severely punished. That is good, because finally players will stop being lazy and hitconfirm first.

I didnt mean all the time of course, but it will be somethin different, or 1 hit of 3c canceled into 214d, mixup etc etc 3c might still be good, with the big nerf on ib who nows what will happen

If she can't cancel 3C into drives she shouldn't be able to cancel into 214D, right? :\

Unless I missed it in the jp board I haven't read about anything like that. Anyway, even if you cancel 3C's first hit into cat1/cat3 it's still going to be easy to IB and it doesn't really push her out of the opponent's range either. resetting with her drives from close distance means she could eat an air-unblockable poke as well. I don't know, on paper it doesn't look like a safe option to me (it wasn't that safe in CT/CS1 either).

As I said, if it turns out like this it's not a serious nerf. It's actually a good incentive to learn proper hitconfirming rather than blindly autopiloting 5B/5C > 3C

Besides, it looks like 2A > 5B > 3C fully enters when hitconfirmed, and if it's true that hitconfirmed 5B > 5B works too it might mean that getting into 3C is not going to be too dramatic. There'll likely be atleast two chained normals you can hitconfirm with.

Well, I agree with Ronove about the drive distance nerf. It is better to have it shorter to use it when it is really necessary, not the whole time like now, when you use it to approach, to get away, to hitconfirm, to faint... for every tactic existing. It is much more intriguing to reveal her triple jump/double air dash potential instead of spamming 'D' for all matters ever.

Aren't there any CS2 videos yet?

The shorter length on the drives isn't too bad since we can do stuff like CH 5C > 6C now. Previously, we didn't have much in the way of long reaching starters for our launchers (besides the horribly slow 6C), but now that CH 5C can chain with some other moves like 6C, it compensates for the lack of drive range. As Ronove said, at least now people have the incentive to not mash the D button.

My face during loketest: :?:

My face during CS2: :kitty:

Seriously. The combo posted earlier sounds interesting and more fun to watch/execute than her CS1 combos, and does pretty legit damage, too. If her damage output stays between 2.5-4.5k per combo, CS2 Tao...I'm quite okay with this.

Generally

- Taokaka loses all her big damage starters in a way that might be nerfed or gone (j.D CH, 6C, 2C>6C)

- j.B is not as strong as imagined/described

+ Almost all normals have been buffed slightly in proration.

everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpg

Combos are generally still the same actually, except the loss of Taunt and our big damage BS in CS1

If she can't cancel 3C into drives she shouldn't be able to cancel into 214D, right? :\

I think 214D is not counted as a drive.

IIRC, 3C cannot gattle into 214D in CS1 like all other specials, so its probably categorized in the same way in CS2.

Guess we won't know until people in Japan try that!

But again, even if that was possible would that really make it safe? You can't barrier guard right away and 214D basically throws you on the opponent's face at the end of your blockstring, given that opponents have 5B/5C air unblockables... it doesn't look like a good way to reset/end pressure to me.

Besides, if it's true that 5B and 5C have been raised back to their CT level (more blockstun/hitstun) hitconfirming with them shouldn't really be a problem as long as one is not blindly throwing blocked 5B > 3C at point blank. Really, this is a non-issue, it's just a good incentive to be less lazy and pay more attention to hitconfirms before going into 3C>stuff

- Air to air, falling CH j.C->6C still wall bounces

- 6A now hits a crouching Tsubaki?

- No more insanity damage, but can still do 2500-4000 from a lot of things

- Something about AB2 Combos being more simple? "二匹コンは簡単になって、微妙にダメ上がってる。"

- Combos look almost exactly like CS1 non-taunt enders, plus the new j.B

- Cat2 loop remains in the game it seems.

- 6A combos seem to max out at ~2500, 3C combos are capable of 1000 more than that in some cases

- 5C is really useful again because of the level up, 6C link and the reach it has.

- The hitstop on D moves gives some people bad feelings about the character

She is sounding like a fine character still.

Bad feelings? Huh, wonder what that means.

Anyhow, I am quite happy with the direction they took her in. Toning down damage, making her play more carefully, but keeping some strong starters. Range increase on 6A is nice, too.

Does she have some form of oki again? If so...

buffed 5C is good, ground footsies with her should be key given her speed. People will still have to respect her from midrange even if she can't drive mindlessly anymore.

Does she have some form of oki again? If so...

Doesn't look like it. It looks like they kept her CS1 cat2 enders, meaning that most of her damage still comes from cat2x5.

They might still find a way to use her j.B like cat2 worked in CT to score a knockdown but likely that'll mean sacrificing damage. If this kind choice/situation will pop up then it could be useful in specific matchups (against zoners, for once).

- Air to air, falling CH j.C->6C still wall bounces

This makes little sense mechanically, unless all CH > 6C wall bounces.

IMO It makes a lot of sense. Her air to air game has been brought back to what it was like in CT (less neutral j.D, more air footsies > j.C), her j.C should still have its some damn good range and if opponents are aware of that option it'll make them more honest when approaching in the air. In a lot of matchups this could be a really nice tool (especially against Arakune, as long as his air-game doesn't get as retarded as it was in CT).

Everything linked into 6C wallbounces.

6C by itself slides, from what I'm hearing.

So, when are all the QQ avatars disappearing? I know I'm honestly more hyped for CSII Tao than I was for CSI Tao, not that I play her all that much. Dunno about the mains.

(Corner) ~->3C->236236B->6C->6C->JC8->j.236Bx5(x3)

No wonder they were saying it was more simple, the super jump cancel is gone...

Wow, it feels like we dodged a bullet with a few new buffs and some old nerfs taken away. I'll miss taunt combos, but not taunt loops. Also LOL at AB2 combos staying in... AND GETTING EASIER. Unless 5d~6 -> 236bbbbb is too different this AB2 setup I found should still work... and still be fairly impractical...

I'm wondering if the old taunt setups into AB2 ender could still work. Remember, proration doesn't effect the AB2 ender's damage. Maybe you could still taunt loop it for mad troll points.

I wish I could get my hands on this and try to figure out new shenanigans...

Yeah, Tao seems fine...definitely better than expected lol. The only thing that I'm kinda worried about is...Tao anti-air game seems worse than CT...come on, I was loving that 6A was actually a good anti-air 3:

@lurch: Taunt proration now is 40% unless they changed it in the final build. Proration may not affect AB2 damage but it affects the untechable time of the combo.

So, when are all the QQ avatars disappearing? I know I'm honestly more hyped for CSII Tao than I was for CSI Tao, not that I play her all that much. Dunno about the mains.

In defense of the other people here (and myself), it wasn't much of a QQ. If you took a quick look at the LokeTest changes, you'd see Tao had roughly 40 nerfs, and about 5 or so buffs. Thankfully, only a few of those nerfs got in from the looks of it. I'm more than sure that you'd be infuriated if you had been playing Tao since CT launch like myself and the others.

Now that I've vented, Tao is definitely looking fine so far. Now that I think of it, Tao's non-taunt combos in CS1 did around 2k-4.5k, if I remember correctly. In that case, we hardly took a hit, if any, to our non-taunt damage. Besides, the Tauntloop was always kinda annoying to begin with. Plus, easier AB2 combos never hurt anyone, so maybe we'll see them being commonly used.

@lurch: Taunt proration now is 40% unless they changed it in the final build. Proration may not affect AB2 damage but it affects the untechable time of the combo.

Right, forgot about that. Ok, no troll loops, but full blown taunt loops into AB2 ender had proration down to ~30% in CS1, so single taunt setups might be able to work. Maybe not off 5b -> 6a, but perhaps from 3c/6c -> 236a -> 5d~b -> taunt. It sounds like the AB2 ender XDest posted is universal, except for Tager. Maybe you can use a taunt setup on him? Or that setup can be a taunt combo legitimately used for taunting...