Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

faultydefense

Sol Sidewinder Encyclopedia (WIP)

In an effort to continue to make this game more accessible to newer players, I'm compiling a list of all Sol's attacks and how you can turn every single one of them (minus dragon installs) into a clean hit sidewinder.

This is currently a work in progress. I have everything I want on paper, and I have the recording equipment, but my stick crapped out on me. If I'm not able to replace them I may wind up just recording on pad.

When completed I'll have five videos. One for Punch, Kick, Slash, Heavy, and Dust.

If you haven't guessed, the punch video will include a way to turn every one of his punch attacks (from 5P to 214P) into a clean hit sidewinder.

I want to showcase a different combo for most every attack. For example you can do 5PSH grand viper, and 5KSH grand viper to start going into Sidewinder, but that would be boring.

For basic attacks like 5K, 5S, 2H etc, I not only want to show a single example, I want to show different examples with varying amounts of bar. With most normals I'll show a way to get into sidewinder with 0, 25, and 50% bar. I also want to showcase special scenarios like when you get extra options off of counter hits and anti-airs. And for specials like wild-throw or grand viper, multiple possibilities for follow-ups.

A List of all Sols attacks minus Dragon Installs:

5P

2P

6P

j.p

236P

214P

j.k

236K~

j.236K

c.S

f.S

2S

j.S

214S

623S

j.623S

5H

2H

6H

j.H

623H

j.623H

j.236H

632146H

5D

2D

j.D

41236D

41236D~46D

EDIT: ON HOLD...

In this section I will post combo notations in full, but for now just an example of what I'll do.

The P Video:

5P > 5H > 214S > j.S > SW

5P > 5S > j.236K FRC > SW

5P > 5S > 623S RC > 5S < 2H > j.S > SW

2P > 2H > 214S > j.S > SW

2P > 5S > 6P > GF FRC > SW

2P > 2S > 2D > 236K RC > SW

6P > 5S > 2H > j.H > SW

6P > 236P > 41236D

6P CH > 236P > 96 j.S > SW

j.P CH > j.D > SW

j.P AA > j.236K > 5K > j.P > j.K > SW

j.P > j.K > j.236K FRC > j.H > SW

j.P > j.623H RC > SW

236P FRC > SW

236P (corner) > j.P > j.K > SW

236P CH > 96 j.X SW

214P RC > 2D > 214K RC > SW

NOTES: These are not necessarily optimal combos. I want the watcher to understand that not only will some combos be interchangeable (specifically ones that start with P, K, or S) but that I'm going for a very wide variety, so if you don't see your go to combo in the punch section, maybe it'll be in one of the other sections. These were designed to be videos though, and the annotations come secondary. Also for this specific section, I haven't spot checked yet, this is all from my head. By the time the vids come out this will all be perfect :toot:

WILL UPDATE WHEN I START RECORDING

Again, I have everything I need (including combos to put in) minus an arcade stick, but if you feel you have something to contribute, feel free.

If I lived near you I would lend you my stick but that seems not to be the case, either way I can't wait for you to start posting these videos.

EDIT ~~~

srry, but this is suspended until further notice :sweatdrop:

Hey saltydefense, I actually like this idea alot. I don't know why you had to postpone this and that's fine. Just wondering, albeit I am new to GG I am trying to get better. This seems like a really useful idea/thread. If you wanted to I have a means to record (not in the most amazing quality but it would work as a visual demonstration) as well as everything necessary except the combos. If you would like you could give me a list with the inputs for ways to get a clean hit sidewinder off whatever and I'd be more than willing to record and upload them.

yo yo, ya man I dont even hang on dustloop that much anymore but I'll get you the info, I don't even have a working ps2 but I can get you my notes n shit for all the combos. I gotta rewrite a bunch cuz its mostly in formats only I would get atm, and I didn't note which ones are in the corner or mid only, some of them are pretty specific

I actually have a sample of the P Vid

like one of the combos actually doesnt start with a punch tho >.>, the editing is 30 seconds of windows movie maker, plus the punch video has probably the lamest combos :p (the K and H vids were where its at lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ6nhMtLKT4

(at 1:24 pretend that started with j.P :D )

RE-RE edit

I've had someone offer to loan me a ps2 if I will get off my lazy ass and do this so I don't have many more excuses. So I'll continue to work on this in between marvel 3 time once I get that. Now if someone wants to volunteer to take the combos I record and edit them together to make them look all nice n shit....I'd be your best friend

hi, are you using a PS2 controller to do the CH GV? if so can you teach me how to do CH GV, I'm using a psp lol and the best i can get is 4-5 hit. I'm afraid i might break the psp if i try harder though

I performed everything there on pad. Though I did play sol on pad for a long time.

Tips on mashing more hits of GV? For directional input i think it helps if you go from one diagonal to the other, like up back to down forward as fast as you can. As it will be read as more inputs, while on buttons just find the two buttons you can alternate pushing the fastest. (I say two because if you try on more you'll get accidental roman cancels and bursts). On a standing GV you'll need 8 hits to clean hit on most characters. If you combo into it it can actually be a bit easier as you wont need all 8 hits. I've had people tell me they think its random how much to mash, but if you do it enough you'll get a feel for it. I will say that hands down though its easier on stick to reach that input threshold.

To be perfectly honest though, I wouldn't try very hard on a psp as I'd be afraid to break it >.>. Grand viper already ate one or two of my ps2 pads lol. I applaud the psp version, and I have used it to practice some combos on the road, but in this particular case I wouldn't risk it, I can't think of other situations in guilty gear where you need to mash so hard, except maybe to get out of stagger.

Seeing as GG is on it's way back to "played game" status, any chance you'll finish this?

lol Most likely dude. And if he won't do it. WE CAN!!!!! :D

There's going to be a lot of info coming soon. At least I hope so. I'm definitely getting the game.... again. lol

Alrighty people. The least responsible person in the world is back!

Kinda...

So, I'm hype for this game again, and pushing everyone I know to play. But I can't record my PS2 Anymore.

Worst case scenario, once I can pull my crap off my old hard drive, I at least get a list of all eh set-ups I had out there.

Best case scenario, I go buy all new recording equipment (Which I'm looking to do now that I'm taking care of my money issues). And see if it'd be more feasible to do it in the near future, or wait for the HD release and record from my ps3. Gonna do whatever I can to support this game when it hits. (And I will be attached to this game like it was a goddamn pacemaker.)

So ya, probably not gonna see vids soon, but you can consider this thread "mini-resurrected".

Alrighty people. The least responsible person in the world is back!

Kinda...

So, I'm hype for this game again, and pushing everyone I know to play. But I can't record my PS2 Anymore.

Worst case scenario, once I can pull my crap off my old hard drive, I at least get a list of all eh set-ups I had out there.

Best case scenario, I go buy all new recording equipment (Which I'm looking to do now that I'm taking care of my money issues). And see if it'd be more feasible to do it in the near future, or wait for the HD release and record from my ps3. Gonna do whatever I can to support this game when it hits. (And I will be attached to this game like it was a goddamn pacemaker.)

So ya, probably not gonna see vids soon, but you can consider this thread "mini-resurrected".

Well, you CAN play Accent Core (Arcade) on the PC...using dubious means. You can find more info on the online sub-forum. So, try that?