Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4r5

[AC] Johnny vs Millia

MILLIA MATCHUP INFORMATION

Poking Game

More to come!...? You can help!

Strategy

Specific Punishes

Setups/baits

Knowledge

heres one, camp the god damn pin! block low for mix-up and watch out for her 6k as she can cancel that into disc in the corner for gayness

I'm fond of burst/DeadAngle'ing Millia when she uses the pin and then moving the screen away from it.

This is generally a hard match =/ Millia can do a 236D fb move for 3 hit pressure, 1) k>k>6k/2k; 2) ad>land>2k; 3) throw (=/). You get hit by any of those, you land yourself a 14 hit combo + down, with millia launching another mind game. After you're down, they can close js>ad> jpjkjp > pressure. Their 5hs>2d>roll adds to their advantage. Millia's aerial 236d>landing on your opposite side changes blocking direction. I always fall for it. Millia's jd is strong enough to excel almost all of johnny's aerials. Millia can summon bubble bath at long range to cover herself rushing in. The best I could think of: bait for their pin. While they dash, jp a counter following into a combo. Always remember one standard lv.2s>kj combo can almost slaughter them 70% health. Funny thing is, sometimes, your 2p could actually counter a bad moon!!!! You can follow that up with a c.s into an aerial combo. Rule of thumb:Block, Block, and Block. Bait, Bait, and Bait for just ONE chance.

Rule of thumb:Block, Block, and Block. Bait, Bait, and Bait for just ONE chance.

Exactly,

A good solution is to spam fast recovery attack like 5K to avoid whif who would engender a strong overture for Millia.

The only good weapon your are is to confirm all your pokes and try to do each time the maximum damages combo.

I remember being desperate and found out that Johnny's 6P will beat out her 6k for a CH on wakeup. If you think that's coming up, you can try to take a risk and do that.

Just for clarification, you are talking about Millia 6K'ing on her wakeup or on your wakeup (oki)? If Millia is doing 6K for wakeup, you should meaty a 2D instead of 6P. 2D will beat out the 6K, and it will also beat reversal backdash and reversal roll. If the Millia is doing 6K for oki, and you are able to 6P it, then you need to tell the Millia player to do the 6K earlier, so that it lands meaty and you can't 6P it.

Yeah, she was doing it for her oki, and now that I think about it I probably wasn't thinking right (I screwed up my sleeping schedule as it is now in two parts). Question though: does her 6k hit the upper area first, and then the lower area? Like, all characters' 6Ps are supposed to have upper body invincibility, right (except maybe zappa, his is a lil weird)? So technically, since it's an overhead and judging by the animation, a 6P would be invincible in the beginning of the move but if done too late the lower body would get hit. Is this true, or just wishful thinking?

Yes, Millia's 6K hits in the upper area first, then moves down. Nearing the end of her active frames, 6K hits low enough to hit you out of the above knee invulnerability of your 6P.

Other thank 6K and Dust, what are her other standing overheads that must be blocked high? I need to know her blockstrings and how I should react to them.

Standing overheads only? 'Cause you got them all already. Other quick overheads she can pull: j.K (may need a fuzzy guard setup, someone double check) tkBadMoon HairCar(frc), j.K/etc TurboFall(frc), whatever and whatever other jump-in and jump-in-like setups she feels like pulling.