Sign in to follow this  
Spirit Juice

BBCS1 Tier List: THE FINAL CHAPTER

Okay since the older threads never had a recent tier list from a good, reliable source (i.e. not America, Chou's extreme bias of putting Taokaka at like SSSSSSSSSS tier) and people have asked before about making another thread when a REAL tier list came out (Arcadia or JBBS lists), I decided to make this thread. Hopefully the discussion will not be retarded like it has been in the past. If so I'll just ban people without mercy like the usual business or something.

Order of placement is relevant to where they fall in their bracket.

Source: a recent JBBS thread

S: Litchi, Bang

A: Taokaka, Arakune, Carl, Hazama

B: Lambda, Hakumen, Ragna, Jin

C: Noel, Rachel, Tsubaki, Tager

In a later JBBS thread, a list came out that was the same except Tager and Tsubaki were in D tier, in that order. Take that as you will.

Console only characters were not included in the list for obvious reasons: tournaments happen on arcade cabinets. Discussion of Mu, Makoto, and Valkenhyne is pretty pointless in that case. Don't bother trying to fit them into the list because they're console characters. Actually, I'll put them in a tier. The irrelevant tier.

Discuss and stay free.

CREDIT TO XIE POSTING THIS ON IRC SINCE HE CRIED THAT I DIDN'T GIVE HIM ANY CREDIT FOR SCOURING JBBS LIKE A NERD

Edited by Spirit Juice

Is it worth it to try and include Mu, Makoto, and Valkenhayne?

Edit: I'm aware this is an Arcadia list and is for the arcade version.

Huh, I always thought that Ragna was at least A tier material. Hits like a truck, gains meter like a mofo, has some pretty good normals, has arguably the best DP in the game, has ok mix-up. Bleh, whatever, its not my place to go around making judgments that go against the opinions from the very best.

Huh, I always thought that Ragna was at least A tier material. Hits like a truck, gains meter like a mofo, has some pretty good normals, has arguably the best DP in the game, has ok mix-up. Bleh, whatever, its not my place to go around making judgments that go against the opinions from the very best.

Ragna is much less effective if you play solidly.

Then he has a hard time doing anything.

Is Hakumen really B tier? Well, seeing the tier that way it makes sense, but still. He's a solid character in CS1.

Not touching the burgeoning Tao convo, lol. That's a can 'o worms if I ever saw one. I'll just say I agree with the list.

Nahh, Ragna deserves the B tier because his moves and mixups are quite easy to read. Yeah he hits hard and his playstyle is pretty straightforward but if you really know Ragna you can react to everything he has without much problem, after all most of his mixups can be seen even from the outer space, so he needs to hit hard.

I really like Spirit's tier list for Arcade for sure, because we all know that console and net games have its own tier list and not only because of the players but for others issues like the network lag lol.

Edited by Agent P

Winning SBO does not mean your character is S tier. That would've made Jam S tier in Slash when KA2 went like 14-1 at SBO, and May S tier in Accent Core won year when Efute wrecked everyone.

So I guess online play, even high-level, data is not enough to put the DLCs charas somewhere?

I'll be damned but, cant the most proficient players from here try to explain every matchup to fit them somewhere in the list?

If not.

Lets wait for BBCS2 tournies!

Even our best players may not have the proper matchup experience against some characters due to such a spaced-out scene.

So I guess online play, even high-level, data is not enough to put the DLCs charas somewhere?

I'll be damned but, cant the most proficient players from here try to explain every matchup to fit them somewhere in the list?

If not.

Lets wait for BBCS2 tournies!

Like I said, the tier list is from Japan, where console doesn't mean anything since a majority of tournaments are on arcade cabinets. Why make a tier list in which characters you can't even play as are in it?

tao won sbo, then people realized she was amazing. better than bang, imo.

that feeling existed way before sbo :psyduck:

this is a fine goodbye list