Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

San Diego's thread of meetups every Friday Night at SD Saltmines

I was just messing around, I actually don't mind losing $2 for the tournaments if its for the good of the scene. :)

Wait did some of you guys think I was legitimately salty about losing money? :v:

Yes. And I still do o_o

Yes. And I still do o_o
Well believe what you want to believe then haha. :)

Anyway haki, assuming you still lurk here, please stop by more often, you missed the funniest session between me and Watermelonz on EX last Friday. (Those Noel mirrors were incredibly hystarical) :lol:

Don't worry, it won't be long til CP becomes the main game and P4A gets sidetracked, though I'll still be playing it though. :)

Well believe what you want to believe then haha. :)

Anyway haki, assuming you still lurk here, please stop by more often, you missed the funniest session between me and Watermelonz on EX last Friday. (Those Noel mirrors were incredibly hystarical) :lol:

Don't worry, it won't be long til CP becomes the main game and P4A gets sidetracked, though I'll still be playing it though. :)

I was actually planning to be there last week, but I took a nap beforehand and ended up sleeping through it =/

I'm completely recovered now, so I should be there this week though.

Is everyone here part of the facebook group?

Its been really active lately.

Glod and I have been trying to make it active.

I was actually planning to be there last week, but I took a nap beforehand and ended up sleeping through it =/

I'm completely recovered now, so I should be there this week though.

Sweet! Grats on the sickness recovery :] Glad to know you're going to come this week xD

-- For those who may not be going Friday. OFC this Saturday! Also at saltmines.

Reminder that there's another $2 persona tournament plus the mystery BB tournament which is free and will be silly. The last two times we've gotten 11 people in the P4 tournament and had people missing each time, so let's shoot for 16!

I don't think I'll be able to go tomorrow night unfortunately. I have to wake up early to bring my little brother to his Volleyball tournament somewhere up in Torrey Pines by 7 am. I might be able to stop by OFC for a while since he has to be there from 7 am to 6 pm, but we'll see.

well, golly. guess shadow ichi vs. ichi isn't happening this time.

well, golly. guess shadow ichi vs. ichi isn't happening this time.
Oh damn, I forgot! Maybe next week. :vbang:

This week's gimmick was James Xie's old UNDEFEATABLE GOD OF RAGNA tournament. Single round, single elim, Ragna only. Here are the results. http://challonge.com/dlsdragna

And here are the results of the Persona 4 Arena tournament. http://challonge.com/P4A31513

Next week I have a gimmick tournament for P4A but feel free to suggest your own silly ideas. I want to start taking polls for which one to run. This means more involvement from everyone else, but less surprise. I'll just do this on the honor system, nobody should EVER be practicing this stuff. If people turn out to magically be too good at this stuff I'll go back to keeping them secret. These will always be be free and run alongside the regular P4A tournaments (Which I will be starting at 10 sharp from now on since we want to stream them! Let me know if you're going to be late and I'll try to push your match back a bit.)

My other idea which I have mentioned: P4A, standard tournament rules, players may only bind 2 buttons: A, and B+D. I call this the Week 1 Netplay tournament. You'll have to get creative with your inputs.

Again, let me know what other silly ideas you have. They don't even necessarily have to be tournaments for the games we normally cover. I got a few ideas over dinner tonight.

Now for SHOUTOUTS:

Shoutouts to people I haven't seen in a while returning (Haki, B-Rai)

Shoutouts to BOMBERMAN until 3AM

Shoutouts to betting on Ragna gimmick matches in the stream booth (I'll upload some highlights of this to Youtube or something when I wake up)

http://www.twitch.tv/not_tsukibaka/c/2036046

KING OF RAGNA TOURNAMENT, available for watching.

It's fine. Make it out this Friday/sunday/both!! We got important stuff going on.

I've stuck voting up on Facebook for this week's gimmick tournament. You can also add an option if you think of a good one or post it here if you don't use Facebook. I'm thinking these will be single elimination, but a standard 2 out of 3 set, for time's sake. The paid tournaments will always take priority obviously.

I'd like to get tournaments rolling at 10:00 sharp, so if you want to enter but can't make it before then for whatever reason, let me or someone else know so we can try to set your matches up later.

I'll check the votes on the tournament on the night of, so no one will know for sure what it'll be until then. Get going!

I agree on single elim 2/3. Its a free fun tournament so it matters not who wins. Shouldn't be any salty comments of "If only it was double elim".

Glod I'll text you sometime this week to discuss some things. Hopefully we can just do it on skype instead though :P

Yo everyone, just a reminder here that we're doing a $2 Persona tournament as usual in addition to the for-fun tournament. Let's get the full 16-man bracket this time!

I will be there, can't guarantee that I'll be there on Sunday though since I need to make time to study for two more midterms.

Yes, however I may be going to a relative's place on Saturday night instead of back to SD so I can't give any rides this time.

Would anybody be kind enough to bring at least two Gamecube controllers and a composite cable for the Wii? I plan on bringing my Wii tomorrow night since there was someone who was interested in playing Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 last time I was there.