Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

San Diego's thread of meetups every Friday Night at SD Saltmines

How about this, you bring the Wii and someone bring 2 Wii remotes so we can do a Mario Party money match(not likely).

Welp, I left my Wii at home, so glod you don't have to worry about the Gamecube controllers and the composite cable...... unless you have a Gamecube or a Wii and a copy of GNT4. :v:

EDIT: My mom needs me to come home after my lab since she wants to return something she purchased at the store with my credit card and obviously I have to be there in person to authorize the return, so obviously I can't be there tonight. I'll definitely do my best to come on Sunday though as the hardest midterm I have to study for got postponed to next Friday. Moral of the story, don't let your parents use your credit card. :v:

Hi! its been a while is since i posted here. I have an idea for anyone else that still plays (or cares to play P4a) if you plan to take it seriously til evo. I actually stopped playing p4a shortly before SCR so thats the main reason why my visits have stopped. I also really wanted to dedicate more time into AE and its paid off ALOT. At least in san diego, i have every matchup on the roster to practice against . Anyways, here my current thoughts of the P4a scene here in san diego and a story to give some backround info and what not

It's not that i dont like the game anymore but rather a financial situation, more strenous classes this semester, and the dying out scene for the game in san diego. I ended up playing P4 anyway at SCR simply bcuz i had already signed up for it so might as well. After 2 weeks of not touching the game and so forth. To my surprised i end up making it to losers semi's in my pool with xie placing me in losers during the 2nd round and then i climbed all the way back up. So, i guess overall i tied for 9th. What really upset me about that though is that i knew i could have done way better if i had more matchup experience against certain characters.

Ive seen footage of aegis, talked to some people, but that wasnt enough. You would still need to play it first hand. And in my losers semis matched i played against kyoku?!(norcal teddie player? not sure. that might not be his handle either). And i lost simply because i had no frigging idea what to do against teddie. and from what i saw, teddie has alot of anti mitsuru tech. example:reversal j.B will beat out ALL options on mitsuru's 2AB feint 50/50. even the sweep itself. With this in mind i decided to head up to LA with shtkn and glod on the saturday right after to get some more matchup experience and what not. Then comes the crappy part....

School happens. Then work. Im currently taking human anatomy and physiology with o chem and microbio (good @#$%ing idea for me to take those all at the same time right). Thing is though i dont want to wait another semester to transfer. With that i also had to cut back on hours for work and i could no longer visit LA to get the matchup experience i needed.

So to sum that up, SD scene for P4 was dying. And i couldnt go to LA nemore to play P4. So ultimately i just stopped. (@#$% netplay btw anyone could get master rank and still even if u filtered the options u still wont learn a whole lot from most ppl on it. of course there are exceptions but @#$%. lags sucks balls too :C).

Couple months later, more people are coming out to dustloop sessions (not everyone enters the tournament) but now we have a good solid 11-14 people entering the weeklies? this honestly surprised the crap out of me. So i decide to stop by and i remembered how much fun i had playing this game when it first came out. It was a very good feeling. And i honestly thank you guys that still came out and support it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Heres the idea though. This was actually suggested by ryan tang. i know some of you that want to play can make it out to LA often as well. THE ONLY THING WE ARE MISSING IS MATCHUP EXPERIENCE. We have the fundamentals. We know how to use our knowledge of the system to outplay other people. Also from what i saw, Im sure shtkn would have got much farther in the bracket if he knew more about the matchup yosuke during SCR.

For those that are interested, why dont start learning an alternate? for the sake of teaching each other the matchups. I currently dont know how to approach a matchup vs aegis, teddie, shadow labrys. and im still uncomfortable against naoto. I currently have my eye on picking up teddie or aegis but im not going to go through with this if no one else wants to. And if no one wants to, well thats just the way it is i suppose.

Anyways if uve bothered to read this large post. thanks for your time. just thought id post this to inform my current thoughts on where i did, and where i want to go with persona atm.

Maybe I'll learn Akihiko hahaha. I'm trying to think of our matchup spread...

mitsuru, yosuke, narukami, labrys, elizabeth, kanji, chie, naoto and donnie plays yukiko. So we could use a shadow labrys, teddie, aegis/aigis, or akihiko. Glad to hear you're happy with how things are B-Rai but you're right, we need to keep stepping up!

See you tonight, donutholes!

Maybe I'll learn Shabrys...that's a BIG maybe, though. A lot of you can probably tell I don't play the game much to begin with lol.

✰F✰R✰A✰U✰D✰
You know it. ;)

And I suppose I could put more effort in bettering my Aigis.

Welp, I left my Wii at home, so glod you don't have to worry about the Gamecube controllers and the composite cable...... unless you have a Gamecube or a Wii and a copy of GNT4. :v:

EDIT: My mom needs me to come home after my lab since she wants to return something she purchased at the store with my credit card and obviously I have to be there in person to authorize the return, so obviously I can't be there tonight. I'll definitely do my best to come on Sunday though as the hardest midterm I have to study for got postponed to next Friday. Moral of the story, don't let your parents use your credit card. :v:

oh damn thats a rough return policy, you have to stay there all night to return an item? dude what store is that?

oh damn thats a rough return policy, you have to stay there all night to return an item? dude what store is that?
Okay so it went down like this. When I got home at around 8 last night; my mom said it's too late to go to Macy's to return her stuff when it's just a good 5 minute drive so we'll just return it tomorrow, which is today, leaving me flabbergasted since if she was gonna return it the following day, I could've went straight to Saltmines. Guess she just wanted me home early.

Anyway I just paid for my venue yesterday so see you guys tomorrow.

Don't forget that anyone who wants to practice for sunday can head over to saltmines today, or contact me or Tsuki

Damn, don't think I can make it tonight, I'll probably try to grind it out on netplay tonight and also try to come in early tomorrow for some casuals before the tournament to warm up. What time exactly is the tournament starting tomorrow?

Doors open tomorrow at noon, P4A tournament starts at 7PM. I'll probably get there a little early to set up/get a parking spot.

We're open at SDFGC, running persona casuals from now until 7PM when the tournament starts. Come hang out.

Just made it home safely about half an hour ago. Had a lot of fun and I'm amazed we had this many entrants. Im going to try to get at least one or two more players to come and lets keep up the good work guys!

Thanks to everyone that entered Persona 4 Arena and Arcana Heart 3! And thanks to Haki for coming to hang out a little while, that was a cool surprise.

Here's the final brackets for those: Persona, AH3

I'm glad so many people checked out AH3, I really want more people to play that game. It's fun!

also, is anyone good at video editing? me and Tsuki were talking about making some videos to promote our stuff. word of mouth is always appreciated too, so keep coming out and bringing friends. We want to have consistent numbers for the tournaments.

We also discussed running another tournament on Fridays, probably BB, but at an earlier time than we usually do (8-8:30). But that won't be happening this week, as Tsuki, Ryan, and I are all going to be gone. But think about it and let us know what you think before NEXT week. Also, keep the ideas coming for more fun things to run and get people interested. I'm a little wary of playing mario party or brawl because they will take forever...

Yesterday was mad crazy!!! Props to all who went, and supported however they could. VSav was the highlight real talk, simply because of the hype and talent there.

My work schedule is looking pretty retarded, but I do plan on trying to show up to more Friday sessions when possible.

Yesterday was mad crazy!!! Props to all who went, and supported however they could. VSav was the highlight real talk, simply because of the hype and talent there.

My work schedule is looking pretty retarded, but I do plan on trying to show up to more Friday sessions when possible.

Yes! Please show up this Friday too! More people are always welcome!

Yes! Please show up this Friday too! More people are always welcome!

We must have not crossed paths yet, because I usually do show up on Fridays. These past few weeks have been busy though, and the next few weeks might be a hit or miss, but I do plan on making an effort to support the scene(s).

We must have not crossed paths yet, because I usually do show up on Fridays. These past few weeks have been busy though, and the next few weeks might be a hit or miss, but I do plan on making an effort to support the scene(s).
The fault is with me, on my previous post, my blind ass though you were someone else and after I posted, I realized you were not who I thought I was posting to and since I can't delete posts on tapatalk, I simply edited my post. Sorry about that. :v:

#DEEEERP

The fault is with me, on my previous post, my blind ass though you were someone else and after I posted, I realized you were not who I thought I was posting to and since I can't delete posts on tapatalk, I simply edited my post. Sorry about that. :v:

#DEEEERP

No sweat. I'm still trying to match people's faces with the moniker they go by on the boards (I'm a visual learner in some aspects).

Anyway, if ever we do VSav casuals (or another tourney), I'm gonna try to see if offline matches can be saved, and if so, I can upload them on YT.

Might not show up this week, I'm getting an old shattered wisdom tooth looked at and probably removed on Friday, so it'll depend on how medicated-up I am >w>

I definitely cannot go as I will be out of town starting on Thursday afternoon... I'll leave it up to shtkn to run events this week if you guys want any, otherwise have fun and practice up for next week!

I definitely cannot go as I will be out of town starting on Thursday afternoon... I'll leave it up to shtkn to run events this week if you guys want any, otherwise have fun and practice up for next week!
If you're not going, are you going to Super Arcade on Saturday then?

They aren't having one this weekend, but even if they were I'd be gone Saturday too. I'll be going next weekend though!