Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Aquapazza: Aqua+ Dream Match

I usually don't play mondays because of local meetups, but you can add me and we'll find out if our connection is playable another day.

Hey anyone want to fight? There isn't much going on online right now...

If you weren't in TX, I'd love to play you. Any time I try to netplay, I'm usually met with the same results lol. It's either I'm 0 bar to everyone, or the one person I have a decent connection with one & dones me.

It's a shame too because this game is so good (IMO).

Thanks, I'll mess around with the PSN stuff and as a side note I main Manaka with Rathy.

In that case we should def play. I know basically everything about Manaka.

From some of the earlier threads I read, people were arguing about whether Manaka was worse than Oboro or not.

Oboro is way worse than Manaka.

Manaka has stuff going for her, she has okay zoning, a fast overhead, a good reversal super, and okay damage. She has problems, but she also has tools.

Oboro has decent lows, a pretty decent cross-up, and nothing else. He has a lot of problems, but the biggest one is that he doesn't have any overheads aside from jumping normals, and his command grab whiffs against crouching, so there's no reason to ever stand unless you're reacting to a jump-in.

Both characters are really bad though.

From some of the earlier threads I read, people were arguing about whether Manaka was worse than Oboro or not.

That was a joke post, lol

She's just kawaii

Oboro is way worse than Manaka.

Manaka has stuff going for her, she has okay zoning, a fast overhead, a good reversal super, and okay damage. She has problems, but she also has tools.

Oboro has decent lows, a pretty decent cross-up, and nothing else. He has a lot of problems, but the biggest one is that he doesn't have any overheads aside from jumping normals, and his command grab whiffs against crouching, so there's no reason to ever stand unless you're reacting to a jump-in.

Both characters are really bad though.

some cents (opinions; feel free to criticize them):

Manaka also has another (situational but still dangerous) "reversal", her Splash Art, if the (unaware) opponent is near point-blank and attacks her, leading to a trade

Oboro has a (relatively) good jB for air-to-air, his j214x can have some uses (punishes, movement, getting to the ground faster), has one reversal (236236AB), though it does give a lot of meter to the opponent if it hits, not sure if his 214214AB can be used for initiating pressure, but his 5A 5B 5A (repeat) string seems good enough for meter building and emotion (don't know if 5A can be used as a frame trap, I normally stop the string with 5A to try a cross up jC, or with 5C which should be safe); haven't messed around much with his BC and his counter moves.

Has anyone been successful with trying to guard break opponents as Manaka?

And yet again, I unknowingly decide to main one of the bottom tier characters...:gonk:

Get out while you still can :P

some cents (opinions; feel free to criticize them):

Manaka also has another (situational but still dangerous) "reversal", her Splash Art, if the (unaware) opponent is near point-blank and attacks her, leading to a trade

I guess, it's really situational and it's not uncommon for it to get activated as a counter, but then come out too late to actually punish.

Oboro has a (relatively) good jB for air-to-air, his j214x can have some uses (punishes, movement, getting to the ground faster), has one reversal (236236AB), though it does give a lot of meter to the opponent if it hits, not sure if his 214214AB can be used for initiating pressure, but his 5A 5B 5A (repeat) string seems good enough for meter building and emotion (don't know if 5A can be used as a frame trap, I normally stop the string with 5A to try a cross up jC, or with 5C which should be safe); haven't messed around much with his BC and his counter moves.

I don't want to get too deep into Oboro discussion because I don't really know THAT much about him. For what it's worth I feel like Oboro can still win any match, he just has to work harder than other characters given his poor damage and mix-up options. Online I feel like he's actually a pretty legit character, the lad makes jC or empty jump low a really hard to react to mix-up a lot of the time.

Has anyone been successful with trying to guard break opponents as Manaka?

Manaka doesn't have problems getting guard breaks, but capitalizing on them is another story. She can't really walk forward, so it's hard to get a guard break from a booktoss or something and then be able to combo. If you notice your opponent in low emotion and get them to block a bookshelf super you might make them eat ~1/4 of it. I feel like it's probably better to just try and keep them in emotion low for extra damage when you do get a hit on them.

As Norcal's Oboro player, I'll just say that I have seen far more Oboros win in matchvids than I have seen Manakas win at all in JP land.

P.S. watch Examu cup! Pretty sick Oboro play in there as well as a surprising team winning.

Have the examu cup videos been uploaded? When I click the link the link you posted before it tells me I need a premium account.

Have the examu cup videos been uploaded? When I click the link the link you posted before it tells me I need a premium account.

I think there's a guy on youtube named hardedgeeofficial who uploads a lot of videos from nicovideo (BBCP, P4U2, AH3 etc.) but I haven't seen ANY Aquapazza videos from him, but you can try.

I usually check A-Cho/Kohatsu/Doaghthadojo for AquaPazza videos on YouTube. You can't go wrong with searching on Nico either.

Speaking of videos, did anyone see this amazing Riannon player? He's in like 1-2 other videos, too (inb4 I'm easily impressed or something lol).

Low tier is definitely playable in AP. The worst matchups are 3.5-6.5.

I think the only reason Manaka is worse than Oboro is because Oboro doesn't have 3.5-6.5 matchups, whereas Manaka has two against Chizuru and Tamaki. Chizuru-Manaka may very well be the worst matchup in the game, barring bad assist combinations.

Well, one thing Oboro doesn't have that Manaka does is a projectile attack. In a fight against Hak...Haku...um, What's-his-mask (I'm sorry if this comes off as disrespect, I honestly don't know his name) where he's spamming fan attacks and his tiger, Manaka can resort to using 236x and 'this is my hideaway' to advance whereas Oboro is stuck trying to use his counter-teleport to reach the opponent.

Low tier is definitely playable in AP. The worst matchups are 3.5-6.5.

I think the only reason Manaka is worse than Oboro is because Oboro doesn't have 3.5-6.5 matchups, whereas Manaka has two against Chizuru and Tamaki. Chizuru-Manaka may very well be the worst matchup in the game, barring bad assist combinations.

Oh gawd, Chizuru-Manaka match up is terrible for Manaka.