Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Aquapazza: Aqua+ Dream Match

How to troll people online:

1) Pick Riannon

2) Do the elemental cycle super on wakeup when you get knocked down and they are attempting oki

3) Watch people run away as they have no idea what that super does (but it sure looks scary!)

1) Pick Riannon

2) Do the elemental cycle super on wakeup when you get knocked down and they are attempting oki

3) Watch people run away as they have no idea what that super does (but it sure looks scary!)

No,

1) Pick Manaka

2) Throw books

( '3')

1) Pick Riannon

Or get bopped because you wasted a meter to haphazardly change emotions :v:.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Couple silly questions.

1) Since this game seems to be much, much more strict with inputs than Arena is, as well as having more than 236, 214, 22, and charges for inputs, would it be a good idea to use this game's training mode to drill out inputs until you've mastered them? I noticed playing yesterday that my inputs on my stick need some brushing up, and it's either Aquapazza or Arena.

2) I haven't played in a while so I need to do that and refresh my memory, but whenever I use one of Chizuru's supers in a combo, it does almost no extra damage and makes me feel like I wasted a bar. In Aquapazza, is it better to use (good ones, anyway) supers in neutral instead of mid-combo for more damage, or am I just not being optimal?

Deep Bond trophy question:

Deep Bond is the only trophy I need to plat,I know it says "for one character" but silly question: does the partner count?

2) I haven't played in a while so I need to do that and refresh my memory, but whenever I use one of Chizuru's supers in a combo, it does almost no extra damage and makes me feel like I wasted a bar. In Aquapazza, is it better to use (good ones, anyway) supers in neutral instead of mid-combo for more damage, or am I just not being optimal?

Chizuru usually spends meter on super combo enders or on assists to stay safe. If you're using the 22 super it wont do much damage just cause that super doesn't do much damage. Throw into 214214 also doesn't do to much because throws scale damage pretty hard.

I mostly use 236236, personally. I've been doing some testing and it looks like I was just remembering it wrong. It gives a good 800 or so damage at the very least at the end of the combos I've messed with in training. I don't really get the point of the 222 super at all. I guess it's for quick pressure or to stay safe.

Are you sure you are not doing an OTG combo by accident?

Chizuru's best combos are generally only 5-6ish hits long, so as long as you super within the 5-6 hits then it will do pretty decent damage.

The exception is if you have high emotion and <50% life, in which case the super will do a lot of damage regardless of the combo.

BTW, does anyone know what unlocks the rainbow colored titles in online?

Deep Bond trophy question:

Deep Bond is the only trophy I need to plat,I know it says "for one character" but silly question: does the partner count?

Yes it does.

I've literally never seen anyone other than Crimefighter online(except the first person I played a couple unbearably laggy matches with - was that you, Grimsley-San, or was that also Crimefighter?), and that was when we decided to play together, so I wouldn't know. I didn't even know there were rainbow titles. :c

Also, what's an OTG combo? Also also, Morgan's BC>[1]319BC is super tasty.

Weird, cause when my buddy got his Octavia to 1007 LP, he didn't get it

You have to wait a bit for the server to update and then it'll give it to you.

I've literally never seen anyone other than Crimefighter online(except the first person I played a couple unbearably laggy matches with - was that you, Grimsley-San, or was that also Crimefighter?), and that was when we decided to play together, so I wouldn't know. I didn't even know there were rainbow titles. :c

I don't think I have played you before, but yeah online is pretty dead and I don't really play that often online anyway as the games are frustratingly laggy over half the time.

When I do play online it's usually late night pacific time.

OTG - Off the ground. So as an example, runpast into 236236 AB would hit OTG because they would fall and hit the ground and stay there.

More people are on during the day time, I'm playing on Ranked matches right now with my derpy Manaka and my sexy SCV arcade stick ( '3')

It probably is OTG now that I think of it, since 5C puts the enemy in the air and I like to add 236236AB to 5C. Looks like I have a decision to make: Do I stick with Chizuru and relearn the art of the combo, or do I switch fully over to Morgan/anyone else and use a less cream-of-the-crop character?

I need to make that decision and develop my skills before I head to ranked, I think.

You have to wait a bit for the server to update and then it'll give it to you.

Played about 5 or 6 games after I hit 1000 LP with Satsuki, still nothing.

Nevermind I misread what you posted, it is character not partner.

Yeah, 5C into 236 super is definitely an OTG combo that is not going to damage unless you get the corner bounce to make it not OTG.

Just play whomever you like to play. It's not like online is serious business or anything. I think everyone except for Multi and maybe Hak requires only roughly 30 min of training mode to master execution wise, the rest is just learning nuances from matches.

It just makes me feel bad to know that I won with the character a lot of people see as the most powerful one is all. Plus, I'm getting a lot of bad habits from playing her, like that OTG business. I didn't even know that was a thing until you taught me about it.

Executions are easy to get down, but knowing all the ins and outs are what win matches. Nothing for it but experience.

Send them a message telling them to book it or some other literature-related pun for kicks. Maybe "You need to shelf Chizuru" or something. :P

Chizuru is not that OP. She can be beaten and she has lots of weaknesses. She is the best, but the margin between her and the rest of the cast is rather thin.

Most Chizurus that I see online are not that good and choose Chizuru/Rina in the hopes that you will not block a BC due to lag and also do stupid and suicidal things.

I actually get ragequit on and tossed out of lobbies much more often playing Riannon than I do playing Chizuru. Admittedly, my Riannon is pretty fraudulent and abuses netplay lag.

Lag also makes a huge difference in tiers. Manaka, Hak, Riannon and Sasara are a lot stronger online than offline, whereas Tamaki and Touka are a lot worse online than offline, and Chizuru is slightly worse online IMO.

Yet the difference between Chizuru and Manaka is lightyears, because Manaka is the worst by lightyears.

I wish I could get my friends to play and get better with me on the couch so I can see what this business about Manaka being bad is about. :c Curse my lack of fighter-enthusiast friends!