Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Aquapazza: Aqua+ Dream Match

I wish I could get my friends to play and get better with me on the couch so I can see what this business about Manaka being bad is about. :c Curse my lack of fighter-enthusiast friends!

Manaka is good if you play carefully/safely with her (depending on match-up imo)

I think she's the worst character, but it's not like she has 2-8/3-7 matchups so she is definitely playable. Chizuru-Manaka is probably the worst matchup in the game, but I don't think it's 3-7 or worse because Manaka definitely has multiple chances to win. It's just hard.

Manaka is good if you play carefully/safely with her (depending on match-up imo)

Or not, because she's god awful.

She's only good if YOU, the player, are AMAZING. That subsequently means she's awful.

There aren't any AMAZING players using her, only a few GOOD ones and they lose 90% of the time. 5% of that remaining 10% is them beating each other. The rest is a huge bag of playing newer players, getting lucky and occasionally outplaying the opponent enough to squeak out a win.

Manaka, WITH ANY ASSIST, is the worst character in the game by far. Any other character, including Oboro, is better than her with ANY ASSIST.

Sure, like any game, she has 1 or 2 DECENT match-ups (decent meaning not a strong 7-3 or WORSE like most of the cast is to her), but it really doesn't change much.

I don't even know what those Match-Ups are, the 1 SS(S?) Manaka player that is good enough to keep his S rank, barely, only mentioned she has a couple okay match ups.

Got Dayum It she's so bad.

Or not, because she's god awful.

She's only good if YOU, the player, are AMAZING. That subsequently means she's awful.

There aren't any AMAZING players using her, only a few GOOD ones and they lose 90% of the time. 5% of that remaining 10% is them beating each other. The rest is a huge bag of playing newer players, getting lucky and occasionally outplaying the opponent enough to squeak out a win.

Manaka, WITH ANY ASSIST, is the worst character in the game by far. Any other character, including Oboro, is better than her with ANY ASSIST.

Sure, like any game, she has 1 or 2 DECENT match-ups (decent meaning not a strong 7-3 or WORSE like most of the cast is to her), but it really doesn't change much.

I don't even know what those Match-Ups are, the 1 SS(S?) Manaka player that is good enough to keep his S rank, barely, only mentioned she has a couple okay match ups.

Got Dayum It she's so bad.

I recently Rank-A with her, lol I'm not considering myself amazing tho, I just keep running into low-ranked players (people who're playing Ranked for the first time to be specific)

Manaka is one of those characters that are amazing for cheesing noobs, but don't hold up well against players that really know what they're doing.

I think I've only played online against Manakas, so I doubt I have room to talk here.

I don't think I've ever played another Manaka in a low lag/offline setting, but I wanna say Manaka is super free to Manaka.

She's the easiest character for Manaka to zone out. Also she has no answer to Manaka pressure other than super, but Manaka can super on reaction to the super flash to beat out bookshelf super. Getting into low emotion is also not a huge deal because your opponent is Manaka, so she's also probably in low emotion and if you get guard broken whatever, it was probably by a book and she'll get no followup.

Sounds like a 10-0 in Manaka's favor, I do not have any idea why Manaka would ever lose this match.

I don't think I've ever played another Manaka in a low lag/offline setting, but I wanna say Manaka is super free to Manaka.

She's the easiest character for Manaka to zone out. Also she has no answer to Manaka pressure other than super, but Manaka can super on reaction to the super flash to beat out bookshelf super. Getting into low emotion is also not a huge deal because your opponent is Manaka, so she's also probably in low emotion and if you get guard broken whatever, it was probably by a book and she'll get no followup.

Sounds like a 10-0 in Manaka's favor, I do not have any idea why Manaka would ever lose this match.

The last sentence in this post is really good (this post as a whole, is good anyway).

Manaka is apparently playable enough to have two of them qualify for Examu Cup.

Obv Tamaki needs to be banned and Chizuru should be unbanned, unless your name is Oz then Chizuru should stay banned.

To be fair both Manaka players were in SBO!

Also maku has nao chizuru as a partner lol.

I'm just glad no character got purely shafted, even if the single Oboro and the single Sasara fight each other first round.

At least one of them advances to round two!

so i just bought this game yesterday and it is incredibly fun.  the mechanics are awesome.  too bad about the netcode though.

im gunna bring my ps3 with aquapazza to next level on saturday so if anyone wants to play..

if you play aquapazza and live in NY/EC with a good connection PLEASE add me on psn.  vsm_jailhouse

finding a match is impossible.

You're that Chizuru player that I played against today. Good game. The online is dead unfortunately, but I'm online everyday to give people someone to fight with. I'm also not a newbie, so if you're looking for an active player that will give you a challenge in Player Match, I'm the only go to guy right now.

Hey jailhouse it's me thebbhshow on psn. I'd say our connection was below par at best (showed one bar at the lobby even though we're on the same coast), but did you really just buy the game recently? Unless you've had some prior experience with the game before your Chizuru is already pretty crazy. I could use some more practice with that match up since I only have one other friend in my area who's using her but doesn't own the game yet. But yeah good games man.

Hey jailhouse it's me thebbhshow on psn. I'd say our connection was below par at best (showed one bar at the lobby even though we're on the same coast), but did you really just buy the game recently? Unless you've had some prior experience with the game before your Chizuru is already pretty crazy. I could use some more practice with that match up since I only have one other friend in my area who's using her but doesn't own the game yet. But yeah good games man.

ggs.

no i bought it yesterday.  i just watched this tournament with footage of eh-sama http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwmnU66PeM4, stole his team and his basic gameplan and did training mode for a few hours to find some stuff for myself.  i appreciate the compliment though. and yeah, input delay is a killer :\

so i just bought this game yesterday and it is incredibly fun.  the mechanics are awesome.  too bad about the netcode though.

im gunna bring my ps3 with aquapazza to next level on saturday so if anyone wants to play..

if you play aquapazza and live in NY/EC with a good connection PLEASE add me on psn.  vsm_jailhouse

finding a match is impossible.

I will be at Next Level on Saturday. Let's mash!