Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Aquapazza: Aqua+ Dream Match

Yesssss i finally found this thread after like just making an account... This is one of my favorite fighting games. I love playing Sasara, Morgan, and Tamaki.

Got both of my best friends into because we are all lil weebs. They dig it a lot, too.

ggs.

no i bought it yesterday.  i just watched this tournament with footage of eh-sama http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwmnU66PeM4, stole his team and his basic gameplan and did training mode for a few hours to find some stuff for myself.  i appreciate the compliment though. and yeah, input delay is a killer :\

Just follow the flowchart:

https://twitter.com/tone765/status/433665222272774144/photo/1/large

However, v.3 of the flowchart is a Nor-Cal trade secret until v.4 comes out.

Just to reiterate, YES those two Manakas are the only two Manakas lol, and they're good enough to do it because  they have to be.

Hey guys, could you give me some tips for playing with Karulau? Like, for overall strategy. Partners, approach, setups, that kinda thing. I read the wiki but the info is kinda sparse. I got some basic BnB combos down and some mediocre setups. Currently I use Rina as my assist and do B+C over and over in the corner when I can. Not sure if there is a better option. I got this game for X-Mas but I only started playing it last Saturday. Went through story mode with everyone and settled on Karulau as a prospective main because she seems to not require much training mode. I just want to be able to play this on the side, not make it my main game. I actually am able to find opponents online because I live in Japan, but everyone is like SSS+ and I'm the only beginner here. Been getting whooped pretty bad. I've got like 1 win out of 15 matches so far.

Hey guys, could you give me some tips for playing with Karulau? Like, for overall strategy. Partners, approach, setups, that kinda thing. I read the wiki but the info is kinda sparse. I got some basic BnB combos down and some mediocre setups. Currently I use Rina as my assist and do B+C over and over in the corner when I can. Not sure if there is a better option. I got this game for X-Mas but I only started playing it last Saturday. Went through story mode with everyone and settled on Karulau as a prospective main because she seems to not require much training mode. I just want to be able to play this on the side, not make it my main game. I actually am able to find opponents online because I live in Japan, but everyone is like SSS+ and I'm the only beginner here. Been getting whooped pretty bad. I've got like 1 win out of 15 matches so far.

Neutral - 5B, 2B, j.B, j.C, and 236B

Pressure - 5/2A>2B>236B, whatever>5C>5/6D, throw, watch for jump-outs so you can air throw

Defense - Find gaps to jump or mash out, make sure you have meter for guard cancels, watch for jumps so you can anti-air

Oki - j.B, j.C, 5/6D depending on assist character

She's not really a setup character by herself, so I can't give any advice there, but Rina, Yuki, and Ma-Ryan are apparently her best assists, at least going by the Japanese footage I've seen. Ma-Ryan's probably the best if you're not gonna put a whole lot of time in, since she's really easy to use (5D is good for neutral, 6D is good for combos, and she has a fast enough recharge time that you don't have to worry too much about when to use her).

Anyone still play this? Who wants to online play lol

I use mah beautiful Sasara and Maryan (because I dunno other assist that may be useful)

There was a 3v3 pre-Examu cup tournament yesterday/today this morning our time. OZ didn't enter and just did casuals with Chizuru/Serika jokes, got a small streak before losing to Saginomiya. Batta's team won it, Batta (Touka! not Multi lol), key (Morgan), daigo (Karulau). Second place was daigiri (2nd highest VP Karulau), Asuku (7th highest VP Touka), and Shari (mains Konomi, used Manaka for this tourney), In the fight for supreme leader Batta beat both key and daigo, and daigo beat key. The archives are here: http://www.twitch.tv/adastream/b/512921551

Neutral - 5B, 2B, j.B, j.C, and 236B

Pressure - 5/2A>2B>236B, whatever>5C>5/6D, throw, watch for jump-outs so you can air throw

Defense - Find gaps to jump or mash out, make sure you have meter for guard cancels, watch for jumps so you can anti-air

Oki - j.B, j.C, 5/6D depending on assist character

She's not really a setup character by herself, so I can't give any advice there, but Rina, Yuki, and Ma-Ryan are apparently her best assists, at least going by the Japanese footage I've seen. Ma-Ryan's probably the best if you're not gonna put a whole lot of time in, since she's really easy to use (5D is good for neutral, 6D is good for combos, and she has a fast enough recharge time that you don't have to worry too much about when to use her).

Thanks for this. I actually completely forgot that guard cancels were a thing. Need to work them into my game. Finally found some people online last night who were not SSS+ at their characters, and worked myself up to like a 44% win rate. I'm also starting to practice with Maryan. Need to learn how to use neutral assists. I've been using mostly Yuki and Rina.

Karulau can work with pretty much any assist, so I wouldn't worry about that too much. I would still recommend Satsuki and Mizuki as the best beginner assists, since they're both pretty braindead and open up a lot of easy combo opportunities. Satsuki works better in neutral, while Mizuki gives you access to a great GC.

Most of your neutral game is going to involve running back and forth and waiting for an opening while throwing out a lot of 66 > 236X and 66 > 214B. Karulau is actually a very mobile character in her own way, so learn to abuse her movement and counter options. Keep them at a range where 2B makes them scared to jump on you without assist cover, while the threat of 623A makes them scared to stay grounded.

As far as training mode time, I guess she doesn't require much, but Aquapazza isn't exactly designed to be a difficult game. Once you learn how to combo assists and catch after 623X from various situations, you won't need much else.

while the threat of 623A makes them scared to stay grounded.

Her 623x honestly isn't that good. It's easy to anti-air, and whiffing it can lead to a punish. It might be fine from time to time, but it's generally a weak tool in neutral.

Dash into 236B or 214x is legit, though, especially since the dash goes under certain things. Just gotta look for chances to use it.

buttons to press:

press 5b

press 2b

press 2a

press 5c

press 623 series

if they get hit by 2b do super

if u jump at them press jump b or jump a

if u hit them with jump b combo into super

if u hit them with jump a do air super into 2b into super

if u hit them with 623 combo into dodge into super

if u counter hit them with 5c  press rina

if u counter hit them with 5c in the corner press rina and win the round

if u super u should super again if it kills them because it combos into itself

general:

• ignore your lifebar
  • when you have them in the corner you press j.a
  • if they get hit by j.a do super (i already said this)
  • if they block j.a you do double overhead with 623 or land low or land throw or land nothing or land 623
  • stop thinking
  • yolo 623 series
  • bait anti air with j,623 series
  • yolo dash into 623/214
  • disrespect with 623 until they hit u
  • if they block 623 mash 2b
  • if they block 2b choose to disrecpt with another dash/623 or do 236a if ur a pussy
  • ignore your lifebar
  • fake throws with 5c
  • bait people into pressing buttons and doing dumb shit because you're only doing dumbshit then u hit them and they explode because DMG
  • neutral jump
  • this blockstring is shit but i do it anyways: 5C > B+C  (they get hit) > wallbounce > 2b > super
  • ignore your lifebar
  • air throw 
  • air throw on wakeup
  • jump on wakeup
  • always combo into lvl 3 because it does dmg
  • do super
  • when in doubt just do super

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZV5reZ3GpQ

video if u dont kno what this shit is

matchups:

REAL:

chizuru : actually think

tamaki: actually think, don't yolo dodge, don't slamjam  (623) as much because she can cmd grab you out of that

konomi: she has a dp and she will fuck you up but if you hit her she explodes because karalau

SORTA REAL:
hakuowlo: mash as usual, if you get into the situation of him using armor buff you can try hitting him with j.a into blocking but its ass

oboro: 2b/mash/block his mixups/dodge is bad/pick maryan because you can 6d punish his blockstrings

never give a shit:

touka: she has a counter super but you just body her in neutral and dmg

multi: easy as fuck

morrigan : u just win, 2b all day

manaka : never resepct, 623 over books, murder her

riannon: play patient but all out her shitty normals with 623c, once u hit her you just win because she cant do shit. if she tries to do meteors on block you can dodge it and hit her and then she explodes

awarn; he has a dp so you have to bait it but u still dont care

sasara: u win

ASSISTS TO PICK:

Rina - stop caring, mid risk huge reward, bullshit people, extend blockstrings

maryan - good assist, punishes some shiet

ratty - new strategy, only bait them into getting hit by counterhit 5d into cleanhit super because it does 20k

yuma - if ur good at this game use this for bikemixups like ur in the corner with j,a

rest are SHIT

NorCal with all the troll tech.

Why be good at games when you can troll and taunt people instead?

I can attest that Manabe actually plays like that.

OZ unironically running Serika that's how much he doesn't care. That and he can switch assists later in the tournament. Sasara beats Oboro to make it past round 1 Sasara so good!

Thanks for all the info guys. Stuff like guard cancels, dash->anything and j.A were not even on my radar. TBH I've been using j.C cos I was like "I guess this option-selects into grab so it must be good". I'm still trying to get to grips with basic stuff like the range for 2B and punishing unsafe stuff (translation: stuff that looks unsafe to me because I have no idea what the frame data is on anything). I've been doing a little better, but honestly I mostly win vs people playing around with alts. Was doing great vs this Sasara online last night, feeling pretty good about nailing that 3-wins-in-a-row trophy, then he busts out Chizuru and I got bodied. I think I was perfected at some point. I also am having all sorts of trouble with Multi. I'll be fine in neutral and then I get hit once and I have no idea how to get out of her wake-up 5b pressure. Overall though I am super happy with Karulau. Great character.

adding to what others have said about Karulau

- poke 5b can combo into 2c (not sure about 66a)

- 66a is faster than 2c at neutral (don't know if 214b is better to hit crouchers or not, though)

- 66b and 66c aren't special cancellable, and are unsafe

- 66a counterhit combos into 623a (which in turn combos into 2b 214b 214214ab, the super may not combo at the corner; don't remember if non-counterhit 623a launches the opponent high enough for 2141236ab into non-otg 2141236ab)

- there's a yuki combo (forgot the inputs) that allows her to end the combo with 2c 214214ab

- j2141236ab has a slightly better recovery than 2141236ab

yep

karalau is the best char in the game

She's one of them, but she isn't the definitive "top tier"

She's up there with Chizuru though.