Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Under Night In-Birth, PS3 release confirmed (Jul 24, 2014)

Header_zps2aab15bc.png

General Info

Under Night In-Birth (アンダーナイトインヴァース) is a 2D fighting game series made by French Bread known from their work on the Melty Blood games. It features a brand new  and original cast of characters and a story that spins around modern fantasy.

Released on September 20, 2012 in arcades. It will receive a PS3 port in July 24, 2014.

It is currently unknown if it will get a worldwide release, although French Bread has expressed desire to bring the game overseas.

BTW, the In-Birth part of the name is pronounced Inverse

Lastest Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMktx67sOqE

PS3 Cover

ENvERDU.png

Gameplay Primer

Game HUD

ss_yuz00_zpsf5470e91.png

1. Character Portrait: Displays the character in use for each player
  2. Health Bar: Shows the amount of health remaining
  3. Timer: Shows how much time is left, the current round is shown under the timer.
  4. Round Counter: Shows the number of rounds that the player has won
  5. EXS. Gauge: Aka the Super Bar
  6. GRD Gauge: This shows the current progress of the Grid Grind (GRD); how many filled squares each character has, and the time and current upholder of the GRD Vorpal state.
  7. Combo Counter: The numbers show how many hits you have done in a combo. During the combo, the damage done is displayed below. The bar under the counter displays the amount of Hitstun remaining.
  8. Special Gauge: Some characters have different abilities that may be limited in use. This gauge changes with each character and gives a visual representation of its number of uses, stamina, time limit and so forth. The appearance of the bar varies per character.

More Coming Soon

Playable Characters

Original Characters

• Hyde
  • Linne
  • Waldstein
  • Carmine
  • Gordeau
  • Orie
  • Merkava
  • Vatista
  • Seth
  • Yuzuriha
  • Hilda
  • Chaos
  • Nanase (new for PS3)

Guest Characters

• Eltnum (from Melty Blood)
  • Akatsuki (from Akatsuki Blitzkampf)

What is new for the console port?

Characters

GAME-0011367_04.jpg  GAME-0011367_05.jpg

Nanase
Voice: Iizuka Mayu

Height: 159 cm
Weight: 44 kg (Bust:75/Waist:54/Hip:80)
Birthday: February 15th
Bloodtype: O
Ability: EXS of Spinning Tangles "Windmill" (旋纏のEXS ウインドミル)
Weapon: Zephyr (ゼファー)

Mysterious pretty girl who persistently targets Hyde. She keeps telling "If you're a man, then take responsibility", but the circumstances and details are not known. After hearing rumors about Hyde, she dashes towards the Abyss of the "Hollow Night" without knowing of its dangers or the way back.

Other Stuff
Coming Soon

Logo_unie.png

Glad the character designs aren't as boring as most of Melty's.(Not that they have much control over that)

Can't wait for more news~

Eh I like the simplicity of Melty Blood's designs, and if those are the final designs then I'm not to please at the moment (though it may just be because the scan isn't great quality)

Judgment shall be passed next week if this is indeed the same project.

doujin

stop that

Pretty indifferent to this right now. If it is the game those designs are from, they aren't impressing me the 10th time I've looked at the pic. Hopefully the gameplay looks promising though if we get any clips.

What's up with all these anime/doujin fighters all of a sudden?

I think people need to reevaluate what the word "doujin" means, also games based off anime/manga series are nothing new, if you get the license you are either going to make 1 of 2 game; visual novel, fighter. And that Index game is nothing serious (although it might see itself getting a small following simply due to IP it's tied to)

I think people need to reevaluate what the word "doujin" means

Really? Then by all means explain. Saying that someone is wrong or needs to reevaluate something and then not explaining why is rather pointless and rude.

also games based off anime/manga series are nothing new, if you get the license you are either going to make 1 of 2 game; visual novel, fighter.)

I'm well aware of that, but there's been a slight boom lately.

I'm not saying YOU in general are wrong, I think EVERYONE as a whole has kinda lost the meaning of the word, as Kyosuke mentioned it did start out as fan made project of existing properties but quickly expanded into original IPs as well. However nowadays everyone tacks the word "doujin" onto anything that isn't made by a "big" company (ie. Square Enix, Konami, Capcom, Atlus, etc.) I feel that the true purpose of a doujin title is to make a game rather than a profit, I don't think commercial titles need to be labeled with the term. I view Vanguard Princess as a doujin title, however I haven't viewed Melty Blood as once since the original Act Cadenza. Is that to say I only believe free games to be doujin? No, it's perfectly fine to sell them at conventions and through your website, however when it's be sold to a mass market, especially on consumer products (ie. arcade cabinets, consoles), can it really be considered "indie" anymore? At such point I belive it's no longer a "group" and instead evolves into a small company. This is just an generalization of how I view the "doujin" society since the turn of the 2000s.

Also I find your 2nd statement to ring false as well, just about every license had a fighting game made for it back in the day, I feel there has been a severe down spike though recently, with most devs opting for making a visual novel instead. I do however feel that the quality of such fighters has seen a moderate boost.

What's up with all these anime/doujin fighters all of a sudden?

what the fuck is an anime fighter?????

if by anime you mean anime style, SF is fucking anime and no one calls it anime fighter

if by anime you mean the new school fighting games like BB/GG, that its just ...

and its not doujin either, doujin = indie (thought French Bread started as a Doujin group but now they arent considered one)

I'm well aware of that, but there's been a slight boom lately.

not really, every year you see a lot of fighters based on an anime/manga/eroge poping out of no where, its only that with the "boom" of 2009 many people are more aware of them

in this case the game of FB seems to be a new original ip btw

I always though "doujin" would mean something like "fanmade".

indie, wich coinsidentally some times are fan made too, but not always, like in the case of umineko

CONFIRMED WITH FLYER:

yfrog Fullsize - wztbg.jpg

Game name is Under Night In-Birth. Original characters. It will be revealed next week.

Source: Game Nyarth

UPDATE: If you can check the OP you can confirm now that the famous "concept art" pic was totally real and those are the chars in the game... hype train.

UPDATE 2: Just in case you didn't understand what im talking about. I did the pic so sorry guys if the quality is horrible.

More info thanks to am-net:

- 100% original characters

- Development started after Current Code launch

- 30% to 40% completed

- Four characters confirmed with names: Two men (Hyde and Waldstein) and two women (Linne and Carmine)

- 4 buttons

- Will be showed in... September in the next JAMMA show... oh man...

we have the name ladies and gentlemen

Yeah um...so long as this is on PC I can't play it. :/

Unless someone wants to upgrade my Graphics Card. :3

im actually hoping for a ps3, xbox 360 release in the future (yet talking about console release at this point is futile)

more info

Inbirth? Inverse? Whatever, I'm liking the sound of this already. :lol:

Also, the fact that one of the characters is named Hide/Hyde finally makes sense. The little .gif picture that can be seen linked to the "coming soon" picture on FB's site (as well as was the avatar on FB's twitter) bears the same name.

Here's more info courtesy of Melty-Bread:

"New IP: Under Night In-Birth. [... what? Also, 'In-Birth' is pronounced 'inverse' apparently.]

Also, "the official site should be up today, and they're currently uploading the promo movie, please be patient".

EDIT:

According to this twitter account, it seems that Melty's getting a version up as well? *Both sites should be up soon.

EDIT 2:

Full scan of the first image. Second image that reveals the game's website; http://inbirth.info, which is currently unavailable.

EDIT 3:* :slowpoke:

From a report on the event here.

- 4 button control scheme.

- 4 characters revealed so far - Hyde, Linne, Waldstein and Carmine.

- Development started about a year ago, and the game is currently at 30~40% completion.

- Expected release at the end of the year.

- An exhibition is planned for the Amusement Maker Show in September.

- 1280x720 HD resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio.

- [url=http://www.meltybread.com/forums/akiha's-tea-room/so-apparently-that-game-french-bread-were-making

(Thanks to Erkz)

I thought the only reason anybody particularly liked Melty Blood was because it was based on Tsukihime. I mean, it's alright...

I thought the only reason anybody particularly liked Melty Blood was because it was based on Tsukihime. I mean, it's alright...

I don't know about the rest of Melty players, but I don't particularly care (or really even like) that it's based on Tsukihime. When I played it, I played it for the gameplay, the reverse beat and meter system was interesting...

I would rank Melty in the top 3 of commercial fighters. And it wouldn't be third.

I got into Melty and got into Tsukihime afterward.

maybe its true for the 1st two games, but after act cadenza the game evolved to a good game

the fact that its based on tsukihime, at least for me, is not important, in fact i always felt that the chars were too bland because of that, i like mb, so because of that i have interest on this new game (though i wont say that mb is one of my favorite games, since i dont play it regularly compared to others like GG, BB, HNK or Tekken 6)

I did play it because of Tsukihime and that was why I got interest on learning it, even though MB was beyond horrible and ReACT was alright but they ruined it with all those patches that made the game boring.

It would have been an insult that, after 2 fucking games and not that much sprite work, Act Cadenza wasn't decent (and it was).