Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Under Night In-Birth, PS3 release confirmed (Jul 24, 2014)

My question is whether or not there will be US Wald players

after being scarred by ct tager I didn't ever want to play a grappler again, but Wald is looking hot as fuck, he's prob third on my playlist if my other other choices don't pan out

Yeah, I'm totally going to give Wald a try (but only after Merkava), though I just haven't watched too many matches to write anything good for him, especially with little to no knowledge of the general metagame. The single fact that he can combo his throws makes him amazing in my eyes, at least.

Can't wait for the Merkava and Yuzu army. :)

I'm not sure if the Merkava army will be a thing, but good god the Yuzu army is already amassing. It's going to be terrible.

Hoping the new character is character is Gordeau's friend Bob. Bob would be hype.

I'm not sure if the Merkava army will be a thing, but good god the Yuzu army is already amassing. It's going to be terrible.

i wish these people truly comprehended the horror of Yuzu mirrors. instantly learning a sub to avoid this.

Meh the Yuzu army will dissipate rather quickly. Stance characters scare away bandwagoners quickly.  Also you have to pick your buttons pretty carefully with her and she has no reversal.

The Gordeau army is what I truly fear.  Grim Reaper is Grim Reaper no matter who is mashing it.

I'm honestly expecting the Yuzu and Sion armies since a lot of the people importing this game are Melty fans.

Meh the Yuzu army will dissipate rather quickly. Stance characters scare away bandwagoners quickly.  Also you have to pick your buttons pretty carefully with her and she has no reversal.

The Gordeau army is what I truly fear.  Grim Reaper is Grim Reaper no matter who is mashing it.

mirror them until they pick Hyde forever, the yuzu love will die slowly in them

grim reaper round start will be unhype after day 1

Lol. Honestly though that Yuzu stance zoning is gonna be a pain. Ill take the merkava army any day, especially since a lot of my friends will play him lol

Lol. Honestly though that Yuzu stance zoning is gonna be a pain. Ill take the merkava army any day, especially since a lot of my friends will play him lol

shes pretty fun, lol. luckily no one truly gets stuck behind it like 'i cant do anything'. haha i was expecting a waldstein army honestly but luckily not!!

If BB's Tager is any indication, Waldstein is going to be heavily used by US netplayers. He's the most "badass" of the cast, is less reliant on long combos, and his moveset will likely prove to be advantageous within lag, as Tager's is.

Of course there will also be Gordeau scythe spammers, and the requisite shoto scrubs attempting to play Hyde and Akatsuki like Ryu/Ken. The character balance has changed so frequently across the game's arcade history, that I'm probably not going to have any idea of who I want to main until I actually have it in my hands.

If BB's Tager is any indication, Waldstein is going to be heavily used by US netplayers. He's the most "badass" of the cast, is less reliant on long combos, and his moveset will likely prove to be advantageous within lag, as Tager's is.

Of course there will also be Gordeau scythe spammers, and the requisite shoto scrubs playing Hyde/Akatsuki. The character balance has changed so frequently across the game's arcade history, that I'm probably not going to have any idea of who I want to main until I have the game in my hands.

Stein is nowhere near as bad as CT tager, and his command grabs dont do enough damage to warrant scrub killing tactics excessively. I must say imo if you dont have decent combos, even with the necessary fixes this game had, its gonna be a rough road

Of course there will also be Gordeau scythe spammers, and the requisite shoto scrubs attempting to play Hyde and Akatsuki like Ryu/Ken. The character balance has changed so frequently across the game's arcade history, that I'm probably not going to have any idea of who I want to main until I actually have it in my hands.

I just want to see the face of a tager player when they play Wald

"he does damage, has comboable grabs and good KD, AND SOME OF HIS HUGE NORMALS ARE + ON BLOCK?" *brain melts*

Wald looks like a really solid character. One of the few grapplers done the right way.

Or rather Tager is one done the wrong way..

I'm honestly expecting the Yuzu and Sion armies since a lot of the people importing this game are Melty fans.

Oh shit! They're onto us!

Wald looks like a really solid character. One of the few grapplers done the right way.

Or rather Tager is one done the wrong way..

More or less the 2nd part lol. Untill cp at least, and then they ruin him in cp 1.1

Honestly, I'm such a fan of so many of the character designs in this game that I'm really not sure who will be getting the majority of my attention. From the get go Hyde, Carmine, and Seth have all stood out to me, but only some hands-on will really decide it for me since I'm interested in a longer list of characters than not.

Heh, I was going to play Yuzuriha, but apparently you need to be able to hold A, B, and C all at the same time to do her stance combos/setups, and I don't have an arcade stick. Maybe I could make the right triggers A and B and then use buttons for C and D or something?

Heh, I was going to play Yuzuriha, but apparently you need to be able to hold A, B, and C all at the same time to do her stance combos/setups, and I don't have an arcade stick. Maybe I could make the right triggers A and B and then use buttons for C and D or something?

I think you only have to hold the buttons if you want to be in the stance for a prolonged period of time without doing anything, like just teleporting and jumping around. From what I've read and seen, it looks like you can just go right into another stance special or end the stance entirely by pressing D. Though I may be mistaken, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Hoping the new character is character is Gordeau's friend Bob. Bob would be hype.

French Bread said ages ago that Bob is dead and not coming back... 

apparently you need to be able to hold A, B, and C all at the same time to do her stance combos/setups

You don't need to hold down a button to stay in the the stance.  

Use a stance move -> hold down some button -> stance activates -> you're free to do what you want with with her limited stance move set.

You don't need to hold down a button to stay in the the stance.  

Use a stance move -> hold down some button -> stance activates -> you're free to do what you want with with her limited stance move set.

Alrighty, thanks for the correction! So if I were to cycle through each of her different 236 attacks, I'd have to do it 236A, hold A, 236B, hold B, and then end with 236C? Sadly there really isn't an in-depth guide on how she works, just movelists. T-T