Sign in to follow this  
Kasou

the chipp blog thread

Hi guys! A new member here. I just got the game recently, and I haven't played GGXX for more than a day (damn late I know) and I have to say it's a great game. I heard it is the most balanced @D fighter out there, and one craving for balanced fighters such as I, I decided to pick it up. Chipp is my character so far. Hadn't had enough time to play the other characters though, I am focusing on learning one first. He's great! Hit and run tactics and baiting the opponent are my style. XD

man i've played chipp for so long...but i stopped playing him because i never felt like he was my character...i still play him cuz he's damn fun and i love the character. i love the JI mixups. anyway looking forward to gettin some matches in with some ya'll in Nebraska in October.

Chipp counters Ky in Slash! It's official <3

check this out, Guilty Gear Gigs the 2nd, i think this was at Club Sega or Sega Gigo, not sure which, but watch the 1st and 2nd sets of the finals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvCVupZg8sM - 1st set

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHxs-A_Klk&NR - 2nd set

i know recently many chipp players have been getting frustrated but remember he's B tier and he has the weapons to counter a lot of tactics, and these vids of Japan's top players prove it.

i was thinking of dropping chipp for bridget and faust as mains but then i saw these, and they totally opened my eyes to everything i was doing wrong. check these out if you play chipp in Slash at ALL.

chipp has always countered ky my young jedi. SPAM 2d for the win... lolz. i'll watch the vids now, but yea, chipps 6p goes through 6k, and then you've got 2d which beats his slide and woteva. Oh wellz let's watch the vids edit: HOLY SHIT! oh the chipp play was good but the commentator was even BETTA! WOOOOT!!!!!!! lolz.............. **edit: HOLY SHIT. CLAPS HANDS FOR the last 6hs. That's fucking awesome. The ky was totally read. One thing i dun understand about the ky player is falling for the non okizeme FDC. I must study it, but if ky had time to react, he should have been able to air throw that shit. And gee.... something the ky player doesn't seem to understand that there is no need to rush when fighting a chipp player. Wot is chipp gonna do on okizeme anyway? Just block the right way, and dun think of reversals. Once you think of reversals or throw reversals you're screwed. And random greed sever? wtf? plz!!! i know chipp is scary, but that's coz you're not taking your time. Shrug...... im not taking away from the chipp player, but man, the ky was in so much pressure he did so many easily readable DP's..... oh well HURRAH FOR CHIPP! ***edit: when the hell is my vid from the aus tournament coming.. ARRRRGH >_< i wanna see myself

my god kasou, you dont know susumu? lol, you gotta catch up and find as many vids of him as you can :) definitely the best out there. btw those vids from the gg gigs cup... i got those on dvd, and the rest of em too :) there was some obscure torrent on some site a couple of months ago, and a friend of a friend randomly downloaded it without even knowing guilty gear. funny story. anyway, its in my hands :) acdHell helped me analyze the finals, cause on first glance it looks like that ky is the worst player ever. however, whats happening behind the scenes is frightening. the mixup susumu uses is so beautiful because it is so simple. a hint: check out how he uses j.HS and how ky reacts to it the first time, 2nd time etc. besides, susumus movement is amazing. no one can compare to that. check out his full screen running jump 1 pixel crossup stuff...sickness. based on those matches and a couple of others i came to the conclusion that chipp has problematic matchups vs. bridget and faust, cause if susumu / torowa ever played against those chars, they either lost or won VERY narrowly.

chipp losing to faust yea, i can see that but bridget? f+p beats her far slash, sweep neutralizes her semi range game, air throw most definitely messes her up....so i'm failing to see how bridget beats chipp? when i played ruu i got a great deal of my damage due to air throws and f+p. bridget is always in the air for the most part so tripple jump can stop the Fdc rolls if ur close enuff or trip jump kick to catch'em on the way up. smart bridget turtles behind the yoyo, so the objective is to get the enemy between the yoyo and her obviously. the way i'd take rounds*i beat'em eventually* off him was to get a small lead and run and he'd come rushing in so i punished him for it wit either of the main 2 above. my 2cents... *edit* i was kinda vague on this but, i've always thought chipp beat bridget almost no contest ever since the xx days. and in all honesty i dont think its changed all too much in slash to be frank about it. the new unblockables are great for her indeed, but chipp is constantly or is supposed to be constantly moving around so her knockdown game/okizeme is harder to set up. plus chipp having his awkward wake up timing and all it doesnt help either. um about faust...i hate this guy. u gotta close the distance in this match! i think its possible for chipp to beat faust if he can get on top. in this match chipp needs to stay at BEST sweep distance so u can either run in 2s, 2d, or 6p, CH rekka which is rare, or the risky beta. now faust practically counters the 1st 4 wit jump 2k, however beta beats it cuz its a dp of course double back u get a counter hit and i think u recover fast enuff to combo off it. so, if u condition faust to NOT use the drill kick thing, ur in business cuz...6p beats his far slash, so go into 6p->6hs->insert combo of choice here. 2s beats his 2p and 2d diddo for chipp's 2d beating those 2 as well. CH rekka should go over his 2p. and well beta beats all the above jus its risky but if u got the frc down, then do the frc into airdash->s or hs, if s->jump cancel and delay into a meaty hs if u feel he wont anti air. if hs->drop and repeat a rekka trap starting wit close s, if ur kinda further use either 2s or 5k then go from there. or go for the low jab->whiff jab->throw. u can get snazzy if u have'em in the corner after the throw and either p tele into low short ack 2k*sorry for my SF terms* or d tele frc into wutever. again if u get'em conditioned from this mix them teleports up hard as u can especially when invisible! *whew* alright i'm done:china:

i thought with bridget it had always been to watch out for her/his ass. -.- That thing owns 2d and clashes with 6p (if you timed it right) or beats it right out. And then there's her 2d to stop you rushing in, especially since the last time i checked it stays out for a bloody long time.

played some long lost and deprived guilty gear (reload as usual for me) on monday. Im so happy for my "disciple" he's getting pretty damn good in the game. He back dashes out of my pressure s© pressure strings and then spams venoms 2d. It posed a problem at first. But then yea, i started looking out for that crap. Watch him back dash, watch him wiff his spam then punish him to death. He was trying to do it against my rekka strings as well, which he soon found out is pretty stupid coz i can do the rekka follow up and it'll hit and cancel in to RC. LOLZ. And then about what kensou said about getting push backed. It's completely true. ANd what's betta if you mix up point blank pressure, into spacing out and giving them a fake security that they can jump at you and you 6p or air throwing them is bliss. Btw, i wonder if you ppl knew that if you did something like string to 5hs into IAD js that it's near impossible to air throw or anti air. The opponent must either duck to make it wiff or yea... block. It's realli awesome to spam against pplz. If you have tension you can be evil and land after the blocked js, and then doing beta blade RC since they think they can throw you... BUT HAH! oh well that's all for now... ^^" man, how many matches in a month do you guys get.. lolz... i feel deprived

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums. I found Dust Loop not too long ago and I figured I would make my second post here since I am a dedicated Chipp player (though I don't have too much experience, I am still a beginner). But, here is what I did with Chipp today (I only have Guilty Gear X2 as of now): played a few rounds versus the computer (there is only 1 other GG player in my town so I don't have many player vs. player matches); I have been practicing roman cancels and the dust attacks for jump installs, I got a good 12 hit combo on Millia using that strategy and a decent 10 hit combo on Zappa using roman cancels (I am still learning so I only know a few combos). I hope to get together with my friend and play a few matches soon. He plays Sol and I have been practicing up against Sol. Anyway, I will look forward to posting again soon.

Dingo: Since you just started off, you should go and learn a few basic combos in the chipp combos thread. Learn the regular dust combo, the 1st and 4th bread and butter, gamma blade follow up options. Then you should go and learn all the okizeme options in the okizeme section. The other sections (poking, pressure, and how to play chipp) is really based around playing real opponents. Wouldn't help you have much satisfaction playing against the computer but hey, once you have real opponents it'll come in very handy. Anyway good luck with your chipp......

Thanks Kasou ^_^ it is always nice to have a good welcome to a forum. I have skimmed over most of the things you listed but haven't had a good time to sit down and read everything yet, but I plan on doing so soon. Anyway, I will post my progress when I have a few breakthroughs, lol. Thanks again.

Anyone have some good strats vs I-no when playing Chipp. I have trouble telling when its ok to get away from her pressure before I get FRC into a throw or something. Almost all of the other characters I have deveolped some idea of a strat to captialize on.

ok, hamburg tourney's over! 1st: me :] 2nd: xzi [JA], swe 3rd: cyrox [VE], swe 4th: caer [TE], swe damnit, what a tourney! we never played against the swedish before, and we were happy and surprised at how good they actually are. especially caer plays a frightening testament, down to every detail including perfect crow patterns and very nice defense. the finals might have been the most exhausting matches i ever had in a tourney. i dont have to tell you guys how horrible it is to play chipp vs. jam. i came from the winners bracket, where i fought xzi before, so i only needed to win 1 set of best of 5, he would have had to win 2. i actually thought that it was best of 3, and when he beat me 3:0 and gave me another 1:0 i thought it was over, so i got up to congratulate him, when i realized there was still a chance. i then managed to beat him 3:1. details: his movement was excellent and he practically never missed an opportunity for a perfect combo. first time we met in the tourney he would fall for easy 6p stuff, next time about 80% of my 6Ps missed entirely, and it took me a while to adapt and to focus (actually, it was 4 matches, haha). i developed my gameplan around avoiding any obvious okizeme, simply trying to bait him into trying dummy parry with 6+s+hs by doing double jumps or airdashes. at first he tore me apart with jams normals, he never shied away from a direct confrontation after eg. a tech, always playing extremely aggressive, trying to get through 6p and all my other pokes. once i got used to that behaviour i started to abuse beta blade. in the end i came up with some nasty tricks and read him well, i guess thats why i could win at all. phew, what a weekend.

Congrats ATG. It sure is awesome fun challenging that Jam, any combos of her after parry can kiss chipp's butt goodbye. That's why you thought the matchup was over when it really didn't. LOL. So when's your video coming up?

good stuff at ur tourny ATG. another chipp tops another jam! whoo! lol but nah, chipp does REALLY well in that match up. f+hs spaced and planted correctly stop her air game almost no contest. shes always air dashing low and for the most part i think her air dash game is rather predictable imo. lots of f+hs and air throws on reaction to the dashes will most definitely make them think twice. oh yea, c.hs beats her air dash cross up kick move thingy for a counter hit, u guys should kno wut i'm talkin bout lol i dont kno the exact name for it but jam players use it to cross up hella. like f+hs c.hs will also do the trick not to mention beta's as well, basically the key is to anti air the shit outta her haha. and my favorite subject the parry! u can toast jam so hard on that when jumping its not funny...cancel any jumping attack into either beta or shruiken *espcially the fast 1* and u'll get either 2 things. 1, if she parries and attacks like most jams do, when u dp it'll counter hit and u should land before she does and thats free damage and uh GOOD damage at that. 2, they wise up and block after the parry, shruiken and jump back or forward depending on the situation. i personally prefer option 1 lol, i like to take my chances for that damage and of course i could get blazed for guessing wrong but as long as i got the RC and quick shruiken eh, i'll take my chances. again grats on ur victory!

yo kensou! yeah, 2hs, works very nice vs. her iad 214k, not foolproof, but it's a tool i like to use, too. i haven't thought much about 6hs, but i'm sure it's powerful, it's mentioned on japanese boards a lot vs. jam. your ideas vs. parry sound nice, i gotta try the shuriken after 1st hit, beta blade sounds too dangerous to me :) everytime i would do a 2 hit j.hs he would parry the 1st hit, then stuff the 2nd hit with a standing punch (baffled me..very nice strategy). anyway, major team tournament this weekend near strassbourg, france. our team will most likely consist of Chun_Li1(di),aCd_Hell(te) and me. other teams include team ESF from strassbourg. expect an update on monday!

tourney's over. what happened: our team Fuck...I'm Dead (thx fuck im dead, best aussie grind ever): Chun_Li1[DI],aCd_Hell[TE] & me we arrived at the location in strasseburg saturday afternoon, and spent most of the time talking to our friends there, playing casual and eating Ride the Lightning Noodles[tm] since we had 6 teams and a total of 18 players for guilty gear, we decided to have a battle royale. we only lost our first match against team ESF#1, feat. Cuongster[ED], his brother[bA] and a dizzy player. close call, we were down to our last man, i managed to win a round. for all the following matches, we continued to ocv all our opponents, with each of us taking turns :D it was not like it was easy though, there were a couple of very strong teams, and we had to use some strategy. vs. the team of millia, falleneye [iN] & boulanger [sO], we had to put in Chun_li1 first, because both acd and me have problems vs. random sol behaviour. it worked better than we thought, since it was an ocv :) the 2nd ESF team was a potential killer enemy, too, but since they were tired of 3 days of organizing the event with only a few hours of sleep, chun_li1 again took the ocv. the final was caught on video, they had a nice 2 screen + beamer setup. our plan was to wear down the team to cuong obviously, so we had 3 shots at him. i was first, dealing with a dizzy (not much chipp specific stuff to tell here, i know the matchup very well, and my opp was a beginner i think). next was cuong's brother, who played baiken. plan here was to annoy the shit out of her, until she would open herself up. in case i lost, chun_li1 would have an easier time. it was a VERY narrow match, and i improvised practically all the time. it's gonna be interesting to watch, since i often did stupid stuff that somehow worked :) one round was so close that we both continued to turtle, until i got negative penalty. i gave him a respect, iad. j.D, that settled it :D the last match vs. cuong. i actually can't remember much, rush of adrenaline. i used shuriken as well as i could, and it won me a round and saved my butt a couple of times. sniping mini eddie is fun, especially when you do it with the slow shuri ;) i almost lost the 2nd round i think, somehow managed to get a comeback and then won. lost the 3rd round, i guessed wrong in the corner. i did OTG gamma, p, p, then went for p teleport to throw him, he teched back with j.K and hit me. otherwise i would have gone for standing p resets if i suspected the tech, well :) next was chun_li1, who again played a great match, but only realized some stuff vs. eddie he had forgotten about after it was over, lol. our final player was acd. it was our plan to put him in last, since he did very well in casuals vs. cuong. he chose a very careful and unorthodox style vs. eddie, continuing to lay traps instead of going for a couple of hits out of nets etc. it worked very well, after losing then winning one round, he clearly won the last round with a lot of health left, eddie simply couldn't get through to him. well so much for that. sorry if it wasn't very chipp specific, but i'll post a link to the vid asap, and then comment on it ;) can't remember much details.

so effin' happy for you ATG! hahahahahaha, i miss tournies (although i only went to one). And god damn, the dvd with vids of my gg slash matches keeps on getting delayed!!! xD you beat baiken? well done. For some reason i just can't beat her. Maybe im not patient enough... shrug. Or then again, maybe it's the baiken player who went AROUND the world 4 times. 0.o As for eddie. Yes guessing wrong sucks balls. And as for your p teleport story, WAS he already in the corner? if he back teched and you did p teleport i thought he would be flying way back cimpared to where you are. Lolz.... Corner for me = OTG gamma into something, then wait for tech, air throw or 6p, or even 6hs if im getting cocky. I dunno, hitting an opponent with 6hs gives me a tingling feeling, hahahahaha! gd stuff ATG

yeah, he was in the corner, and i OTG gammaed him before :) i did dashing p,p, p teleport, since i didnt expect him to tech (advanced mindgame..he knows chipp very well). then another p teleport (as opposed to eg. D teleport), then a throw. he teched though :)

zomg! YOMI LAYER NUMBER 2 beats ATG!! lolz!!! sorry just felt like saying that. It's like, ATG would think that i know if i teched, he would air grab me right after p teleport, so he would think that im gonna tech. And then he's gonna mix up. But becoz he's gonna do that, IM GOING TO TECH!!!! RAWR... okay im not making sense, just rambling.. lolz. Currenlty im rambling about anova statistics in my own blog, and about my own band and stuff. here's hoping that my band will actually agree to play still in the dark with me. LOLZ!!! but thing is my band is going down the pitts.. .sigh, guess that's what happens when you got a loli in the band xD stupid irresponsible and nagging 14 year olds... -.- DREAM OF BAND: play GG MUSIC!! yay.... and when i post a match vid, i'll remember to put an intro of my band into IT!!!! RAWR.. okay just kidding, maybe for a combo vid i might do that, but for a match vid.. .LOLZ!!! zo well...... back to study edit*: something more GG related. Actually does anyone think that guilty gear is a lot easier to play competitively than other games? i mean, im totally STUCK like glue in kof. It's like i've reached a certain fucked up barrier. While with GG, it's a lot easier to see how to jump over a particular barrier and up your game. Just a thought........ opinions?

Sign in to follow this