Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BladeOfJustice7

Montreal: Le Thread Generale Pour Weeaboo Fighters

You should, so I can show you my masterpiece

Dammit, now I have no reason NOT to come. I'll probably show up at opening hours.

You guys missed some hype Teenage mutant ninja turtles tournament fighter matches. Shame on all of you

Yo what, je viens juste de me réveiller et j'ai la musique du stage avec la grosse grenouille dans ma tête, jte jure. Avant même d'avoir lu ce post.

Je dois être encore vrm fatigué pour que ça me mind blow comme ça lol

If I come I'll only arrive kind of late. If you guys want to run something, don't wait for me.

Dustloop is trying to give me a heart attack. I pre-registered to NEC weeks ago then today suddenly "NEC 14 pre-registration now open!" My registration still seems valid though thankfully.

For the people coming to Toronto, are you guys staying at the hotel where CECC is happening? I'd assume so, but just double checking. See you guys on Saturday :)

Quick question:

I know you guys mostly play offline and this might not be the best place to ask but since some of you have both their PSN and XBL tag I figured I would ask:

I've only play BB and other fighters on XBL. I keep reading that the online play is considerably worse/laggier on PSN than on XBL, including for BB. Those who have played on both, have you found this to be true? (at equal distance of course -I'm not expecting a playable connection with someone in Japan obviously)

Thing is, since the connection is strictly Peep-to-Peer afaik, I can't think of any reasons why this would be the case... Yet I keep reading such comments of people in the online match finder section of dustloop and now, I worry that the netplay will be absolute ass with BBCP...>_< Which would be such a bummer because the BB netplay is awesome on XBL: Not perfect, it's obviously not quite like offline but many of the match I have with guys on the eastcoast like I owner I, Tsunaa, Hedgesledge sometimes often almost feel like offline, (i.e: when you can actually react to an overhead for example).

Sigh...I love Blazblue and Arc Sys Work don't get me wrong, but... fuck their publisher. Seriously like: Big Time. The decision to not publish CP on 360 (after every BBs appeared on it) was like a big "Fuck You you Shiats!" to all their 360 userbase. And even though like I said I never played fighters on PS3 until now, the decision to Region Lock P4A (which has NEVER. BEEN. DONE. BEFORE. afaik on PS3) was like...dude...the fuck is wrong with them? Are they fucking 'trying' to alienate their userbase? Again, I do make the distinction between dev and publisher and I understand that they're not exactly CoD huge but...just wtf...

Anyway, sorry for ranting.

Online for fighting games is ass no matter which service you use. GGPO works for older fighters, but that's about it.

And the whole P4A region lock, that was ordered by Atlus. Arc had nothing to do with that and I'm pretty sure that Arc usually selfpublishes their other games in Japan.

Online can never compare to offline obviously. But for some people that's almost the only access they'll have to FGs. RIP arcades...

I was more wondering if any differences really existed between the PSN and XBL netplay.

GGPO (or any similar netcode with predictive/rollback code) should be the standard imo. Of course, if someone's trying to play with another player at the other side of the earth, it's just going to be an unplayable mess with characters jumping/teleporting all over the place. For relatively "short" distances though (like, a few 100 kms) it works great. I've matches in Skullgirls with New York players that really, actually felt like they were offline (which didn't really matter since I suck at that game). But Japanese companies seem not too fond of it.

I don't think CP's netplay will be /bad/, but netplay in general is more the targeted issue. If it's the only way you can play, go ahead, but if you can go offline, just do that. Nothing beats facing a player with no connection lag and to have them sit next to you.

XBL felt slightly better to me, now that I've had experiences with both. I'm getting more spikes and have yet to see a '4' connection on PS3, but ever since I've gotten it wired, it's been holding up decently enough.

4 connections are lies, whenever I play heartless online we have a 4 connection and it still lags like we have a 1 or a 0. On the topic of cp not being on Xbox, xbox doesn't sell well in japan, so they decided it would be a waste of money to port it

Also, GGs to everyone I played last night (I think it was only Dom and Heartless). Those were some awesome Skullgirls matches Dom, and thanks Lonewolf for advising us as we played XD :BANG:

Now I just need someone to help me with my CMV

Those were indeed fine SG matches. Lonewolf: I'll take your advice to heart and put more fiber in my diet if you catch my drift.

Just realized, next time I'll see all of you guys, CP will be out. The hype has reached its peak!