Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BladeOfJustice7

Montreal: Le Thread Generale Pour Weeaboo Fighters

connection numbers doesn't mean the game will be lagless... the number is a lie, it only shows the strength of the connection (down/up) it doesn't tell you if the connection is stable. so a 4 bar tells you it has a good strength of download upload, but doesn't tell you if the connection is hiccupping every 2 seconds...

also, online isn't gonna get better any time soon, and the difference between xbl and psn is probably a lie too or gets a difference of maybe 5% better? the only thing that makes a good netplay is not a good netcode. it's a good internet connection and how far are you from each other. oh wait we live in north america, GG.

as for having blazblue only on ps3, i'm pretty sure ASW doesn't wanna deal with microsoft for XYZ reasons anymore. also seeing that ASW only care for Japan, look at the Xbox market over there and you'll see why they didn't even bother doing an Xbox port...

or they actually remembered that PS3 masterrace, huehuehuehue

on a side note : fuck toi kirbster.... mais GG you da bess, ma quand mm te voler 50$.

i got robbed by the timer twice yesterday, i was salty, but it was good salt.

why are command grabs from grapplers always so fucking long in animation... at least i'll be able to overdrive 360 to stop the timer next week. Kreygasm

i'll be able to breath at 3:00 after my interview and my week is pretty much done with stressful stuff. :D

I forgot to mention how hype those matches were between Brice and Kirb. I think I temporarily lost my voice last night. Couldn't handle the hype!

Also, netcode is pretty important for netplay

*rare footage of people with actual scenes for their game downplaying the importance of netplay*

DerQ I think this is your cue to come in with some tumblr links and explain to everyone why this is a privilege.

DerQ I think this is your cue to come in with some tumblr links and explain to everyone why this is a privilege.

Offline playing privilege is having the advantage of not living in Sherbrooke

I hope this post isn't as long as it looked in my notepad document as I slowly typed it up during the day while waiting for stuff to load and compile. Yesterday was fun though I spent most of the night watching BBCP vids on my tablet and making witty (translation: stupid) remarks about the pokemon stuff my friends were doing. I'm still shocked that there is a pokemon shaped like a ring of keys. Just as well I suppose. I've been in a "Not good enough to play with these cool cats" mood since the mashfest. Those Kirbster vs. Sam matches at the end of the night were pretty hype though. Is it okay for me to be very afraid of Valkenhayn right now? Because I'm very scared now. Someone hold me! :P

Dom, 2 words and you already know what they are. Fiber Upper! lol. I know you have trouble with the DP motion and to be honest, my ability to do it under pressure is also pretty sketchy but then again, I haven't had any reason to perfect it (Rachel 2C da bess) until Bullet and Izayoi walked into my life. I was planning to record Ragna doing a simple blockstring with a gap in it and practice trying to do Bullet's Cutting Shear out of it. Maybe you can do something similar. Other than that though, you should try practicing working in conjunction with the head a little bit more when you get the chance. You can do a lot of interesting Carl/Relius/Litchi-esque setups when you really start working together with the head.

ReynTime, Got to cancel those standing HPs into LP Tear Shot. Charge times are pretty good in SG. If you go into training mode and hold back with Parasoul, about the time it takes for Parasoul to cross her legs in her walking back animation is about as long as you need to charge back or down. It takes some getting used to get in the habit of charging but it becomes pretty easy once you get in the habit of doing it and a good feel for the charge times.

Also, last bit of general advice, more IADs with Valentine and Fortune and pushblocking please! Normally, doing the IAD motion would be tricky and require some practice to get used to but in SG, it's as easy as pressing up and 2 punch buttons. That said, you both play on controller in a game that requires 6 buttons and has different buttons combination presses for throws, assists, tags and dash/pushblocking so I'll understand if you don't hop on the IAD bandwagon.

As far as XBL vs. PSN and no 360 version of CP goes, Brice said almost everything I wanted to say. One thing I do want to note though is that part of the reason people think there's a difference between XBL and PSN is because of the difference in communities. PSN's community is more international with a large Japanese fanbase and because PS3 is more or less the established standard for playing Japanese games here in the West, it's probably where most casuals and people in general get the game too. So on one side of things, when you come over from XBL you'll notice a lot more 0 connections because of all the Japanese and European players. Then on the other side of things, you have more casuals who don't necessarily know that input lag exists and don't really care about connection quality unless it starts visually lagging pretty bad so they don't necessarily think it's a bad idea to stream some anime or download some torrents while they play, causing 2+ connections that feel like they're 0s. That's my analysis of the situation anyway.

Welp, time to hibernate until BBCP release here in NA. Looking forward to seeing the Kirbster vs Brice Day 1 FT5 next week. That's going to be so hype!

i'll be able to breath at 3:00 after my interview and my week is pretty much done with stressful stuff. :D

Good luck at your interview!

Really long post. DP more, Pushblock more, combo better, IAD better.

Ya, it was pretty long. Thanks for giving me an idea of how long it takes to charge parasouls tears! I never really knew how long it took, I'll have to practice the timings and I will try to get used to charging with her.

As for IAD's, I think my Bang IAD experience will help a bit with pad only dashes, but I'll try out the 2 button dash to see if it's better.

I think that SG is very Pad compatible, I like that, especially since it's a 6 button fighter.

XBL felt slightly better to me, now that I've had experiences with both. I'm getting more spikes and have yet to see a '4' connection on PS3, but ever since I've gotten it wired, it's been holding up decently enough.

Just read a comment on the dustloop forum and it might explain the reason why often XBL feels smoother and as I suspected, it has nothing to do with each network architecture or anything because it's all handled P2P.

PS3 comes with Wifi, 360 doesn't...:/ So a lot more people will use wireless during matches, with...approximate results...In other news lots of people are stupid and the sky is blue (Blaze blue :kitty: )

@Brice

Yeah, I also think the decision to not port to 360 has more to do with them not wanting to have anything to do with Mircrosoft anymore. The only answer they gave when asked why is: "Well...that's a question for the publishers...*Ask Publishers* Well, that's a question for the devs..." In other words "no comment"

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/12/blazblue-chronophantasma-will-not-be-released-for-xbox-360/

It's understandable, to not want to associate with MS I mean, but will suck for some of their userbase outside Japan.

@Everyone

#CheckYourOfflinePrivilege

Thanks for the night guys, sorry im pretty late to posted this. Very doing to come for CP next week and im excite :DD

Also for online gaming, im pretty sure there good/bad fighting games around in term of netplay. Well i can say Brawl is the worst in my opinion.

And omgggg que Valk est stupide

Is it okay for me to be very afraid of Valkenhayn right now? Because I'm very scared now. Someone hold me! :P

Valkenhayn: 3.0 You can (not) block.

So are we going to have CP on the day of? Cause everyone is talking about it like we will, bit I imagine that it would take a while to get it delivered.

So are we going to have CP on the day of? Cause everyone is talking about it like we will, bit I imagine that it would take a while to get it delivered.

Kirbster told me that they might have the game on all the 3 PS3's on day 1 via digital download.

For the physical copies, I think we will have them the week after the day of release.

DerQ posting on Brice's account. BBCP pre-order passed after I had to call my bank to approve the payment. Will probably receive shipping info/tracking soon

I actually thought Ivy was gonna take that one, but I'm glad she didn't because I like Orchid way more than her anyway

is nicolas cage a vampire?