Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Milln

Middle Tennessee Needs Gaming! Monthly Versus Tourneys - Antioch, TN

I'm with Jackie and won't be making the ZomB trip with stated sick reasons. I've been in bed almost the entire day today.

Current passenger list for Gamepro Car:

1. Jackie

5. (do you have a fifth seat?)

Aw, get better soon Milln. Being sick is no fun indeed. :[ To answer your question though, no, my car only has "four seats."

I'm doubtful jackie's car has even 4 seats.

QFT. Considering there are at least five other people in Cookeville who might be interested in attending Final Round, I'll have to prioritize by bringing people who want to compete in tourneys. But other than that, I guess it'll have to be first come first serve.

@Naimat's MTNG: every time you get hit by an overhead, you take a shot.

Now to see how many overheads I can squeeze into one combo... :3

There's a decent scene in Augusta (mostly AE/UMVC3, but that's everywhere) but they do have some players who play Guilty Gear, Persona, etc and I'm up there once a month for their monthlies.

Nice, I was worried I'd have to drive 2 hours to Atlanta every time I wanted to fite people. The 6 or so hours it'll take to reunite with MTN will be bad enough, if I'm ever driven to such madness. Do they have actual tournies for the animu fighters, or is it just a casuals thing?

Then this isn't your last year in Tennessee- it's your last HALF year. D: VOLPE DON'T GOOOOOOOOO

I gotta spread my wings and shit, man. I think that's half my problem with dealing with people, honestly. I feel awkward because I can't even view myself as a self-sustaining adult, yet. I'm a dirty, dirty mooch, and I gotta fix that. I'LL ALWAYS BE MTNG|VOLPE IN SPIRIT, THO.

Guys, I need more people to play SCV with. Anyone here who plays it on PSN should add me. :)

I'm trying to get better at it, as I would like to play it at tournaments.

I wish I still had my copy. . . I sold it when my ps3 died because fuck it. Also, you play wayyy too many fighters. Or maybe I don't play enough.

And on that note. . .

VSAV Quickies #2 Victor-Advanced

VSAV is probably the only one I haven't checked out yet. I'm not much of a grappler guy, though. Any other cool shit? What's high level play look like?

Is it wrong for me to hate jam?

Considering you stomped my ass with her, yes. :@

FR Stuff.

I definitely want to go, but you know me. I definitely don't plan on offering anymore sexual favors, however. . .

So I'm thinking a little about playing BB again, someone needs to snap me back fast.

do et, faget. We need someone to fly the Haku flag now that I'm jumping ship to Relius. (I know I'm flaky as fuck on this, but he's Liz but better. Makoto is hardddd. But I'll probably still sub her.)

newaiz. . . I've had the good fortune of fighting some really excellent P4U players, and I think I'm starting to have a better understanding of what it means to play at a high level. In hindsight it's obvious as fuck, and may even be considered common knowledge, but I think the implications of this epiphany are entirely overlooked. Although what exactly those implications are, I'm not yet entirely sure. . . I don't even know how I feel about fighters right now because of this, and my belief that training is all it takes to get good is being heavily shaken. blegh.

What qualities do you guys think constitute a high level player?

Also, random census: does anyone meditate? Has anyone tried? If not, I wholly recommend it. I'm not that good at it myself yet, but I can feel my awareness hovering on the edge of a true meditative state at times, and I think it might be akin to a natural high. If nothing else, it helps you calm down and learn to just soak in the experience of being alive.

Yo, I'll be at FR for sure, but I'm not sure if my buddy is going or not yet so idk how that situation will work out. Chances are he is and we'll be looking for people to room/ride with. And I want to go to Chattanooga and hit up ZomB's place this weekend but transportation might fuck me :x

And sorry for being so quiet recently. I've been hella busy with school stuff, and on top of that, I haven't been feeling well recently, either. Since I just made the trip up to Kumite, I won't be able to attend the tournament in Chattanooga, unfortunately.

I promise I'm not dead.

I'm with Jackie and won't be making the ZomB trip with stated sick reasons. I've been in bed almost the entire day today.

Sorry bout that, hope you guys feel better. On that note, I'll probably still not be able to attend anything myself this month because of school stuff; other than that FRs looking pretty good for me.

QFT. Considering there are at least five other people in Cookeville who might be interested in attending Final Round, I'll have to prioritize by bringing people who want to compete in tourneys. But other than that, I guess it'll have to be first come first serve.

I wonder if Sid is going and is taking his car...

Yeah, we've totally proven that we can fit 5+ people in the bug, going to Final Round would be a cinch!

I dunno if I want to go to Final Round yet, though. Kumite was expensive for me, Final Round would be really expensive.

Milln, i'll be taking up a spot in your car if possible.

Damn, a lot of talk has gone down in the past two days...now I know how Grimstar feels whenever he randomly disappears and comes back out of nowhere.

Yeah, we've totally proven that we can fit 5+ people in the bug, going to Final Round would be a cinch!

I dunno if I want to go to Final Round yet, though. Kumite was expensive for me, Final Round would be really expensive.

Naah, food, gas, and hotel prices won't be anything~ Of course, if you wanted to enter, that is a lot more money.

If it does come down to you driving, I'd be willing to help pay for gas, and surely we can split hotel fees with other people.

KLEIN, i forgot about the cincy stuff. I am sorry. plz contact me again. I will not put it offfffffffff

Well, a spectator badge costs $20, and a participant badge is something like $40. If I'm driving, I'd have to stop for gas at least once during the trip there and once during the trip back, and it costs reliably above $40 to fill the bug's tank to full from empty, not even taking into account price fluctuations. Tertiary expenses (sharing a hotel room, food, perhaps parking, other unforeseen stuff) would optimistically be about $50+ (gut feeling estimate). Total, that's like, $150+ for me without help on gas, and that's if I don't enter. That's a hefty chunk of change for me, man. :C Am I missing anything?

Milln I would like a seat for Final Round!

Hype! Bring a 4GB flash drive full of music for the ride.

I'll be driving to Final Round as well. I can take a few with. It's a smoking car, and possibly a drinking car, so keep that in mind. I'll be leaving from Columbia, so you'll have to find your way to me. I do not require a gas split, but if you can pitch in, then that's cool. I don't mind traveling alone, but I'll be glad to provide a seat for others. Basically, don't feel obligated to ride with me but don't be shy if space is running short. I'm willing to go out of my way to pick someone up if that's the only option available.

So I'm thinking a little about playing BB again, someone needs to snap me back fast.

9k off instant overhead.

6k midscreen off bs move

Is dealing with this what you want in your life?

What qualities do you guys think constitute a high level player?

The answer is too long-winded. You can't just sum up "Yep, that's what it takes to be a high level player." because people are different and people play differently and all succeed at what you want to call a high level.

Yo, I'll be at FR for sure, but I'm not sure if my buddy is going or not yet so idk how that situation will work out. Chances are he is and we'll be looking for people to room/ride with. And I want to go to Chattanooga and hit up ZomB's place this weekend but transportation might fuck me :x

Yooooooo I thought you were going to MTAC? What happened?

Sorry bout that, hope you guys feel better. On that note, I'll probably still not be able to attend anything myself this month because of school stuff; other than that FRs looking pretty good for me.

SEE YOU THERE, BUD. YOU'RE WELCOME TO HANG OUT. PM ME THAT PHONE NUMBER.

I wonder if Sid is going and is taking his car...

Current passenger list for the Millnmobile:*

1. Milln

2. Justin

3. Klein

Current passenger list for the Gamepro Car:

1. Jackie

Current Passenger List for the SidBug

1. Tret

2. Bane

Milln, i'll be taking up a spot in your car if possible.

1. Milln

2. Justin

3. Klein

4. Star

Well, a spectator badge costs $20, and a participant badge is something like $40. If I'm driving, I'd have to stop for gas at least once during the trip there and once during the trip back, and it costs reliably above $40 to fill the bug's tank to full from empty, not even taking into account price fluctuations. Tertiary expenses (sharing a hotel room, food, perhaps parking, other unforeseen stuff) would optimistically be about $50+ (gut feeling estimate). Total, that's like, $150+ for me without help on gas, and that's if I don't enter. That's a hefty chunk of change for me, man. :C Am I missing anything?

The entry fees to a tournament are the LEAST expensive part of going. Lodging is the most expensive. Gas is the easiest to cover because of splits. This is why so many people search for housing when traveling.

Milln I would like a seat for Final Round!

1. Milln

2. Justin

3. Klein

4. Star

5. Naimat

Now, I just had a thought. I'm cool with anyone riding with me but I want to give the people that rode with me last year first dibs on a seat if they want it. That means Klein, who has already taken up the offer, Papstr, Midnight. Midnight already said he won't be going so that leaves Papstr to decide if he wants to get some Grouchy's. So:

1. Milln

2. Justin

3. Klein

4. Star

5. Naimat (If not Papstr)

I'll be driving to Final Round as well. I can take a few with. It's a smoking car, and possibly a drinking car, so keep that in mind. I'll be leaving from Columbia, so you'll have to find your way to me. I do not require a gas split, but if you can pitch in, then that's cool. I don't mind traveling alone, but I'll be glad to provide a seat for others. Basically, don't feel obligated to ride with me but don't be shy if space is running short. I'm willing to go out of my way to pick someone up if that's the only option available.

1. Milln

2. Justin

3. Klein

4. Star

5. Naimat (If not Papstr)

Current passenger list for the Gamepro Car:

1. Jackie

Current Passenger List for the SidBug

1. Tret

2. Bane

Current Passenger List for something out of Initial D.

1. Tad

Side note:

Number of people, by Milln's count, in MTNG in the first place: 18

Number of people confirmed for Final Round: 9

Percentage: 50

Dang it guys, am I the ONLY person going to Winter Brawl instead of Final Round? BB is a main game and I can use my PS3 controller at Winter Brawl, if that was the same for Final Round I'd gladly choose that over WB. But come on guys, don't make me go alone! ;_;

I might still be able to make FR, but the chances are slim. It'd be nice to have 10-15 MTNG members all enter GG and P4U.

Dang it guys, am I the ONLY person going to Winter Brawl instead of Final Round? BB is a main game and I can use my PS3 controller at Winter Brawl, if that was the same for Final Round I'd gladly choose that over WB. But come on guys, don't make me go alone! ;_;

I might still be able to make FR, but the chances are slim. It'd be nice to have 10-15 MTNG members all enter GG and P4U.

Yes, you are the only person going to Winter Brawl.

Why can't you use your ps3 controller at Final Round? If I remember correctly, FR's setups are ps3 and they have desynch stations.

Yes, you are the only person going to Winter Brawl.

Why can't you use your ps3 controller at Final Round? If I remember correctly, FR's setups are ps3 and they have desynch stations.

Last time I asked about it I was told you needed a wired controller to enter any of the official tournaments. But even if I could use my PS3 controller, BB won't be there, and that's the only game worth playing at a major for me. I'd be wiling to play P4U at a major, but not as the only game I go for.

Like I said, though, there's still a chance I can make Final Round, as I might be able to stay at my grandfather's house, so that would cut the price a lot.

I'm gonna play SFxT now. Real talk, no trolling.

Uri: Enjoy WB. You are going for the specific purpose of killing shit in your main game. I think you should go for that reason, because you'll be able to enjoy the social aspect party down shit that is Final Round in a few years time when you are in charge of you own destiny, so to speak. Go win that shit, both choose and make the best of of the limited events you can attend at the moment.

I'll SlashBack a burst for you, and tell them Lil' D made me do it.

Alpha I live in pulaski, if I have a change of heart ill get to you, still considering this or mtac.

Uri: Enjoy WB. You are going for the specific purpose of killing shit in your main game. I think you should go for that reason, because you'll be able to enjoy the social aspect party down shit that is Final Round in a few years time when you are in charge of you own destiny, so to speak. Go win that shit, both choose and make the best of of the limited events you can attend at the moment.

I'm with Tad. We're all rootin' for you, man! <3 Make us proud~

Blazblue will have a side tournament at Final Round.

I will be at Winterbrawl.

Milln: At Mtac I'll just run around and be weird. I can do the same thing at Final Round but also fuck shit up so I'd rather be there.

Tad: I'm already all up in that game, so whenever you're here I can throw down. I got some nutso stuff you should check out.

Well crap guys, it just started snowing pretty hard down here and started sticking in a matter of minutes. Hopefully you won't have too much trouble if your still coming.

Well crap guys, it just started snowing pretty hard down here and started sticking in a matter of minutes. Hopefully you won't have too much trouble if your still coming.

Came here to post the exact same thing. Drive safe and watch out for the other guy.

@AnneFrank: reading your post made me laugh out loud in my store.