Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veteru

[CS2] Ragna CS1 -> CS2 Changelog

Hmm. What's the best way to set up such a Dead Spike? Usually I just don't have the time before they recover for such a thing. I guess I'd have to truncate my combos for it, right? Ending in 3C or something like that?

hmm, after 2D in the corner seems the best option. If they quick, Deadspike will launch them for a very damaging combo. 5k+ meterless granted! Forward/Back roll seems to beat it.

This meaty sometimes is not very reliable, you need to condition your adversary to neutral tech first.

Deadspike will catch rolls after Hell's Fang or Axe Kick last time I checked (only in the corner, though with the Axe Kick, it will work midscreen unless they back roll. I don't advise this after Axe Kick, the distance is way too risky), as it's a very integral part of my okizeme game. Delayed Neutral tech will beat it, but that's still a form of oki, as it remains good way to bait reversals or get them to start blocking. Leaves you at a bit of offensive advantage, more so if they don't neutral tech right and are forced to block it.

For the record, unless I went in to resume pressure recklessly (say with dash 5B) after a meaty Deadspike, I have never been hit with a reversal. I've either managed to make them whiff (through spacing the meaty), go through the Deadspike (also through spacing), or I just ended up blocking and punishing the reversal.

Like everything else Ragna has (or anything in this game really), don't apply this brainlessly, you'll only get killed.

I fucking knew they nerfed 6A's hitbox! Motherfucker!.

i don't recognize the 4th one. what dat?

The 6A hitbox nerf was confirmed a long time ago, I think right after CS2 came out on the Japanese arcades. Although I didn't think it would look that bad... but still, 6A's still good.

Seeing as the frame data changes are stickied, I figured I may as well sticky this for as long as CSII remains relevant.

I always knew that 6A's hitbox was nerfed, but seeing just to what extent is truly depressing.

Guys, it's okay, it still does it's job :C

Dude, there is NO hitbox on that punch. That's not normal, it is freaking counter-intuitive. That arm in useless... it's like it doesnt exist.

I cant see what's wrong with the old 6A, the nerf is pointless and messes up great deal of Ragna's combo potential, which isnt THAT good to begin with.

That old 6A hitbox would drastically increase Ragna's average mid-screen damage, due to increased ease of 5C->6A hit confirm into TK GH. Maybe that's it? :/

Well, it's already late into CS2's life, it honestly hasn't failed me yet (though some match-ups the anti-air 5A is more reliable now, I admit). Hopefully they'll buff it for next game.

I pick up Ragna and got used to tickling someone's face into a full combo from Arm's length with 6A and now this?!

Ah well. No big. It's still going to land now and then.

Unfortunately, landing every now and then isn't quite good enough for what's ment to be a go-to anti-air.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5619/boxescopy.jpg

Big image, careful it bites.

Black/Green -> Added hurtbox

Black/Red -> Removed hurtbox

CS1 hitboxes provided through a hitbox viewer for PC, CS2 ones are on framedata. These were all the changes I could find, thought that there were much more changes...

They could change the whole 6A animation into an elbow