Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Akatsuki Denkou Senki

I just checked this out a bit. I actually really like it... graphics are like much better SNK styled graphics... gameplay feels like a very fast and fun version of 3S with some standard Doujin style juggling/gattling combos and the works. Few random things I've noticed are that there are not a lot of low hits in this game... Dude only has 2 (2B and 2C) and Girl only has the one (2C), AFAIK. Throws in this game are STUPID good... they seem to have invincible startup and there is very, very short tick throw timing. Tons of moves give frame advantage, lots of really stupid good pokes on Dude that link into good damage. I think it's pretty fun. Is there a full version out yet?

Oh shit! I like how this looks! I want to try it out. Seems like the game is not complete yet. Getting the demo right now.

Okay so I tried the game for a bit. I'll have to say that the sprites are really well done. Also, myrilin is hot. I can see that back+BC is some sort of parry/shield. Too bad I had to play on the keyboard for now, since I can't find my converter. Anyway, what's the deal with this though? I like the characters, but where are they from? Or is it an original doujin fighter?

No clue, might be original. BC is parry, likewise 2BS and j.BC are their respective parries. AB is throw, AC is taunt. I believe AB while you hit the ground is quick recovery roll. BC is also your 'EX' version of your special moves, and ABC is your Lv3 super. You can EX cancel special moves only when they hit... so you can't EX cancel a fireball unless it connects at some point (at which time you can cancel it). I can't notice any throw invincibility in this game, or else it's really short. You can throw people very soon as they are waking up. I didn't see a moves list anywhere so here's the stuff for the Dude I figured out: f.B/2B - Stupid good pokes. 6B - Command overhead, links into combos 6C - Launcher, fast. f.C - AA, not cancelable. j.2C - Dive attack, good hitbox, seems safe. 214? - Standard hop-kick attack from AoF. A version gives massive advantage. C version last hit is an overhead. EX version is stupid fast. Usable in air. 236? - Projectile. Air version possible. EX version hits 4 times, gives good frame advantage, good for guard crush. 22? - DP, short forward hitbox. A version is pretty safe as AA even if blocked. EX version does a lot of damage. Starter combos: [Mid] 2AA 6C > j.A, j.B |> 214C (can cancel 2nd hit to 214BC) (2A) 2B 214BC 6B B 6C > etc. (anything) > 6C > j.A, j.B |> ABC (anything) > ABC, f.B 214A, f.B 214A [Near Corner] (anything) > 6C > j.A, j.B |> 214A, c.C 214A, 2A 236A (Cancel to 236BC or ABC) [Corner] (anything) > 6C > 214A, c.C 214A, c.C 214A, 2A 236A (Cancel to 236BC or ABC)

Nice, thanks for the system stuff. I'll check out that stuff with the guy in a bit. I'll be trying out the demo a bit more. Hopefully a full version is aviable soon, I am kinda liking the game so far. The graphics are better than most doujin fighters. I think.

Akatsuki's an original. This is a tag version of the original game which is titled Akatsuki Shisei Ichigo (iirc), and while it was a very well-animated game and interesting in some respects it only had four characters.

This new one seems to have at least 9 characters, should be enough to make for a decent game. This game makes me realise how stupidly long the wakeup time is in games like GG/IaMP. It's pretty hard to get a real solid Oki game going as you've pretty much got to bolt at the other person and throw an attack, thanks to tech rolling.

What the hell does he do? His EX moves don't seem to do anything, his dashes are kinda laggy to do much with... and he can't cancel any of his normals other than his c.A which doesn't provide for decent rushing potential. His ABC overdrive is pretty good considering it seems to be unblockable. I guess his normals are stupid fast to come out... but they don't lead to good damage. Akatsuki is the same as always, although his projectiles changed their look slightly. ElektroSoldat is Guile. He's pretty cool... has some pretty basic combos in the corner, his projectiles guard break like a mother. Safe DP with [1] 7A 9BC. Lotta other random stuff. I like him.

Marilyn is pretty damn fun, and they really spent a lot of time on her bubz, seriously. Almost as well animated as a DOA game >_< Her 214 attack has auto parry on it while she's blue, and she has lots of stupid pressure options with her fake mappa feint and that crazy rekka.

What the hell does he do? His EX moves don't seem to do anything, his dashes are kinda laggy to do much with... and he can't cancel any of his normals other than his c.A which doesn't provide for decent rushing potential.

His ABC overdrive is pretty good considering it seems to be unblockable.

I guess his normals are stupid fast to come out... but they don't lead to good damage.

Fritz has no need for combos...he pokes. Fritz has no need for rushing...he zones. Your combos wont mean jack squat if you cant get close to him. The moves are there to keep the distance. The only thing hes missing is more bufferable normals in close combat, to get the fuck away from opponents.

couple of questions here. are u guys still playing the demo or is there a place where u found the full version. is the demo worth downloading or should i just not even bother thanks guys?

Did anyone catch whether this was coming out this comiket or not?

doesn't look like it's quite done yet, all the site has is new screenshots

the official name of the sequel is "Akatsuki Blitzkampf"

looks like there's two new characters being worked on, one of which is a nun (!?!?) and a gangster type dude who kind of looks like Seth from KOF

looking forward to whenever this is done, the full version with Akatsuki, Marilyn, E-Soldat, Sai, Fritz, Mycale, Kanae and whoever else will be thoroughly awesome, probably even tourney worthy someday