Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan McJeeves

[CS2] Taokaka Combo and BnB thread.

Never tested if you can "cheat" it, but you are supposed to dash between every j.8D~A in most cases (some setups like 4B+C you don't even need to). But like I said in my other post, the only setups that really makes difference if you dash or not are Drive CH, 6C and 3C starter (j.C/j.2B CH air-to-air->5C maybe). I do it dashing after every j.8D~A since I'm already used to it and it's not difficult at all...but it's kinda fine if you can't do it, you just have to do less j.8D~A

Okay so when you're doing the loop midscreen, do you have to dash EVERY time between j.8d~a's, or can you kinda cheat and dash the first one and get SEVERAL extra loops in. To have to dash EVERY one just makes the whole combo more droppable, for as you guys said, very little extra damage.

I tried that once, only to end up still not being close enough for the last j.8D~A. Then again, I only used one dash when I tested it. It may be possible to omit a dash or two, as long as you dash more than you omit. Once I get BBCS2 on my PS3, I'll be able to do more testing with my fightstick, as the PSP's D-Pad is killing me. Thing is, if you can do the dash once or twice, you might as well just dash for all of the loop.

Your better off dashing per j.8~A. You won't mess up that way and/or less chance of dropping it from what I tried.

Your better off dashing per j.8~A. You won't mess up that way and/or less chance of dropping it from what I tried.

That depends, sorta. While I usually don't drop the loop while dashing, I generally don't dash and give up one loop on things like 6A and the less damaging hits to avoid risking a dropped combo, as you'd only do ~100 extra damage anyway. For stuff like the rare 6C CH or a Drive CH though, I always use dashes, as it's worth the risk.

...By "dashing", you literally mean j.8~A>land>66>jump>j.8~A right? Because I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing this wrong.

Sure, I could just settle for a measly 2-3 reps midscreen... but it feels unfulfilled =/

I dash in every setup because it's cool :3

Near coner oki combos:

6A (1hit)->5D~C->j.D~B->land->5C->9JC->j.C->Cat2 (1hit)->3D->Cat2

3C->236A->5D~C->j.D~B->land->5C->9JC->j.C->Cat2 (1hit)->3D->Cat2

j.C->5B->3C->etc does ~3100

j.C->5B->6A->etc does ~2600

2A->2B->6A->etc does ~1700

@shirohane: it's just like that, j.8D~A->66->JC->j.8D~A

Thanks for the update, Riku. Original post updated.

As for dashing with the new loop, I can only do the loop properly 70-75% of the time with the dashes, so I avoid using dashes unless it's on one of the more damaging starters.

So.. I'm trying to figure out damage wise what is the best BnB to practice 100% so I can maximize damage in any situation. Trying to figure out what the best damage is for MIDSCREEN backthrows, with 50 meter for more damage than the typical 5b 5c j.d8~a loop.

I tried some weird combo, but its so impractical and inconsistent to hit its not worth it at all-

4B+C -> RC - 2[C] -> 236CC -> 5d~a -> (Dash opposite direction, opponent goes backwards) 66 -> 5c -> j.d8~a loop x 2 -> 2d~c -> 9d~5 -> 5d~6 -> j.c -> 9d~9 -> 3d~6 -> 236bbbbb

For something "forced" fatal AND 50 meter, it does like a measly 3500 or so.. wtf

Adding a 2C FC to a grab only adds roughly ~450 damage, and you don't really have any other uses for meter when doing a 4B+C starter. Your best bet is to do the normal BnB, and then go for an AB2 ender with your meter.

As for the best damage for most situations, starter > j.8D~A loop > BnB ender is your best bet, since your combos can't be too long due to same move proporation on Tao's drive.

Huh, I guess I just use bnb like you said then.

Honestly though, Tao's combos dont seem too customizable without majorly dropping damage. Time to hit training mode :v:

When some of you do 236CC -> 5D~C midscreen, do they sometimes land behind you, making you unable to do a j.D~B after? I'm having this problem against some characters.

When some of you do 236CC -> 5D~C midscreen, do they sometimes land behind you, making you unable to do a j.D~B after? I'm having this problem against some characters.

It seems like that happens when you do 236cc point blank, sometimes even in the corner. I've just given up on 236cc -> 5d combos all together unless its 3c -> 236c in the corner or some random opportune 236cc overhead :/

The backthrow combo above is a good example of that. It'll do it with 5d~c too i tested it, its pretty irritating.

Combos that use 236CC at the corner seem to be fairly easy to me... for midscreen I just stick with the 5B>6A route or 5B>3C route If I can dash and hit deep in.

I think he meant 236CC as an overhead lol. I don't think you can combo 236CC after anything miscreen with the exception of 6C CH. Against some characters it's kinda annoying doing it...so against those characters it's better doing this combo:

236CC->2D~9->2D~C->j.C->6D->j.C->9D->j.C->9D->3D->Cat2 [~3.3k]

Oh you mean with 236CC as a starter?! Uh, I just do her regular drive loop, I haven't seen other players try anything else off it.

hey everybody I dont mean to intrude as i stumbled across this site. and i am completely lost =/ just to make it short and sweet i main Tao :3 and i was wondering if these combos are Cs2 worthy i been lost in this site for about a few days now and i need some advice :( sorry for the intrusion.

ChargingStar, these combos are for CS2. Also, if you need help with anything combo related (understanding notations, combos, so on), don't hesitate to ask, as I'm all more than willing to help out (and I'm sure everyone else here is too).

thank you i am reading these posts about the combos and im sorta getting it just learning as i go. do u think the challenge mode help at any point?

Challenge mode combos in CS2 ( at least for Tao) aren't the best way to deal damage, but they'll help to improve your reflexes and execution. You should probably do Tao's challenge mode until you're comfortable with her playstyle, and then try to learn the j.8D~A loop and the combos listed here (or just go straight to learning the loop and these combos if you're already familiar with Tao.)

ah ok well i just came back to BB since the patch came out but i never used to to any of those combos listed here ill give them a shot :) thank you though

Hello everybody, I'm new here too (and pretty new to the game itself)

I wanted to share the ender for the j.8D~A loop I use, it's slighty different from what I usually read and see in videos, it's as easy to perform (if not easier), and seems like to grant a few hundred more damage (4200ish in corner with 6C > 5D~B > C starter, with 5 loop repetitions):

2D~9 > j.9D~9 > j.C > j.9D~9 > j.3D > 236BBBBB

the j.3D can be exchanged with a j.6D if the enemy is the wrong position (usually for weird hitbox)

(I hope I wrote it all right, not used at writing like that yet :v)

another little thing I wanted to share, in the first page I read

6C(CH) -> dash/5D~B -> 5C -> j.8D~A loop

as a starter

I can land it without the dash on all characters aside bang

That ender is not that different from the one I've seen Seji use in the latest batch of videos. The only difference is that he also includes a j.2D~C > j.C > j.5D~6 > j.C in between, which basically pushes the opponent close to the top edge of the screen (where Seiji usually attempts purple throw tech traps).

yeah, it's just a little variation, but to me it looks like it has the same effects while being a little easier to perform (you cut away a drive cancel)

(btw ciao sono italiano anche io :v)

just a quick question for you guys. do u prefer arcade stick.. or controller =/ im kinda handicapped with my controller since my left thumbstick is messed up :(

I used a pad in CS1 because doing taunt loop in the stick was a hell, but I changed to the stick in CS2 because I found the combos easier on it...however, my first non-training day in CS2 was a totally failure because even though I can do her combos, I'm still not used to play Tao in the stick and I'm screwing up a lot in a lot of things (specially my pressure) :v: ...but I think I'll get used to it after some time playing

@Ronove: fuck..you...can't...resist...megane...and boobies :v: . LINK OF FULL IMAGE NOW :kitty: