Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan McJeeves

[CS2] Taokaka Combo and BnB thread.

I would say whatever is easier for you. I'm kinda forcing myself to learn the stick because I spent some money (and burned myself) to build it.

Since CS1 was more of a button sequence and timing, the stick joystick was pretty comfortable. But in CS2... I haven't gotten that mad at missed inputs with a stick in a long time. To do 66 8 66 8 66 8 66 8 has never been so painful to do for me. 214 2 ... 214 2 ... was so much more relaxing..

Seems like people have their preferences though. I say try both, and see which you like better honestly :v:

I can't really give much of a balanced opinion, I have been playing on stick since I started playing fighting games long before BB and I just can't use a gamepad at all, in fact I do wonder how people can play at all with it.

Since CS1 was more of a button sequence and timing, the stick joystick was pretty comfortable. But in CS2... I haven't gotten that mad at missed inputs with a stick in a long time. To do 66 8 66 8 66 8 66 8 has never been so painful to do for me. 214 2 ... 214 2 ... was so much more relaxing..

Seems like people have their preferences though. I say try both, and see which you like better honestly :v:

If your problem is dashing then you just might want to learn Makoto as a secondary character or atleast train her combos. They're full of points where you have to input the dash with the right timing, it's a good way to train your execution skills on stick.

But that aside, I don't think it's really vital for Tao to dash in during her j.D~A loop. Look at all the japanese players, in most matches they usually go for 3 or 4 guaranteed reps without dashing. The damage doesn't differ too much and they atleast make sure that the opponent won't recover. The reason for doing is because the number of maximum reps may also vary depending on how deep you hitconfirm into that loop (unless Tao's at the corner, of course).

The onlys setups that I really dash in during her loop are j.C/j.2B CH->5C->loop, 2D CH, anything->3C->RC and j.B+C (I like seeing +4000 dmg :kitty:) and 6C (because it's fucking easy). All the other setups it's better not risk, specially j.C->5B->3C->236A (serious, it's like the hardest setup ever to dash for 70dmg)

Also thx for the link, Ronove :3

Oh, and the j.C/j.2C CH combo:

j.C/j.B CH->(dash)->5C->j.8D~A loop (4x)->finisher with Cat2 (1hit)->3D->Cat2 (full) [4126]

You can the the loop 6x for 4336, but I think this one is more pratical midscreen.

Hi, I am new to Blaze Blue and forums like this. I understand most of the 236D stuff in the combos, but I don't understand what Cat2 or Cat1 means nor do my friends I play with now. Could you tell me what it means?

If your problem is dashing then you just might want to learn Makoto as a secondary character or atleast train her combos. They're full of points where you have to input the dash with the right timing, it's a good way to train your execution skills on stick.

But that aside, I don't think it's really vital for Tao to dash in during her j.D~A loop. Look at all the japanese players, in most matches they usually go for 3 or 4 guaranteed reps without dashing. The damage doesn't differ too much and they atleast make sure that the opponent won't recover. The reason for doing is because the number of maximum reps may also vary depending on how deep you hitconfirm into that loop (unless Tao's at the corner, of course).

I'm not going to give it much training because I'm trying not to get too into the game, I just want to get a basic hold of Tao in case I play during tournaments/casuals. My main job is recording :P

I can get it fine with a pad, its just the amount of movement that fast on a bigger stick means more effort physically, and my hands are shot lol. I think Makoto training wont help so much anyways, because its more of a dash and button press isn't it? Not so dash direction dash direction intensive. I mean, you gotta admit, the D and A part of the Tao loop is pretty braindead.

Also, I ALWAYS get 4 reps, automatically almost every time. 90% of the time I dash the initial hitconfirm (j.c land dash 5b, mixup 2d~b j.c dash 5b etc..) So i guess its not worth it :/

New to these forums. I have a question. In the corner when I hit confirm j.C(CH)->5B->3C->236CC->5D~A->j8D~A loop (x5) I have trouble hitting the 5th loop on Platinum. I have not bought her yet and I have attempted to try this in player matches online but no sucess. Is this possible or am i having trouble simply due to the lag?

Like I said in the first post, the combo thread is listing only the max reps, but in most of setups it's recommended to use 1 or 2 j.8D~A less. After a j.C->5B->3C->236CC, I would recommend only 3 or 4 in a real match.

I think he meant 236CC as an overhead lol. I don't think you can combo 236CC after anything miscreen with the exception of 6C CH. Against some characters it's kinda annoying doing it...so against those characters it's better doing this combo:

236CC->2D~9->2D~C->j.C->6D->j.C->9D->j.C->9D->3D->Cat2 [~3.3k]

Yeah, that's exactly the BnB I've been using. 236CC->5D~C midscreen is way too unreliable against a lot of characters.

When some of you do 236CC -> 5D~C midscreen, do they sometimes land behind you, making you unable to do a j.D~B after? I'm having this problem against some characters.

236CC -> 5D*C (If they go behind you) -> JC -> 5D*B -> 5C -> Loop

EZ... If you still have problems then there is no hope lol

236CC -> 5D*C (If they go behind you) -> JC -> 5D*B -> 5C -> Loop

EZ... If you still have problems then there is no hope lol

Edit: Oh I see, you mean jumping C, not jump cancel, eh?

OK Km. Is the combo still possible on Platinum in general? I cant test it since I do not have her.

Found a pretty cool alt 236CC combo:

236CC->6D~6->j.C->8D~A->2D~5->6D~6->j.C->9D~9->j.2D~C->j.C->..->9D~9->3D~3->j.236Bx5 [~3500]

Edit: Oh I see, you mean jumping C, not jump cancel, eh?

Sorry XDest wrong commands lol

236(9)CC -> 5D*C ->j.D*B -> 5C -> loop

When you jump install the cat3, Tao turns around when doing 5D*C

CS1 = 2147D would auto-correct in air

CS2 = 2369CC -> 5D*C auto-corrects when in air

Sorry XDest wrong commands lol

236(9)CC -> 5D*C ->j.D*B -> 5C -> loop

When you jump install the cat3, Tao turns around when doing 5D*C

CS1 = 2147D would auto-correct in air

CS2 = 2369CC -> 5D*C auto-corrects when in air

wtf you can jump install cat 3 :v:

wtf you can jump install cat 3 :v:

crazy as it sounds... yes, but then again cat3 isn't jump cancel-able so I guess I can't call it Jump Install... What would you call it, a glitch? lol

Guys, I'm loving the fact that Tao finally gets a decent reward off her antiair 6A! It's atleast 3k with 3 reps which is pretty good since her 6A is actually a pretty decent anti-air in most matchups. I guess finally people will have to respect her a little more when it comes to jumping on her now. :)

Hey I'm new to the forum, and there were only two CS2 threads, and I didn't wanna make whole new thread for one question. I'm having issues connecting cat2 fully after, well, basically any of the bnb's. I only seem to be connecting fully about 20-30% of the time. Is there a universal fix to the timing? I've tried delaying the drives to leave me lower. I've also tried to doing it as fast as I can, but nothing seems to be remedying this issue. I practice against Jin if that makes a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. : )

Guys, I'm loving the fact that Tao finally gets a decent reward off her antiair 6A! It's atleast 3k with 3 reps which is pretty good since her 6A is actually a pretty decent anti-air in most matchups. I guess finally people will have to respect her a little more when it comes to jumping on her now. :)

It is! Actually, I posted a quick match in the video thread where 6a beat HOTARU clean! I couldn't believe it. They did buff it a bit.

Also is great against Arakune scrubs who Bird RIGHT at every match, just 6a, loop, and make 'em scared >:3

Hey I'm new to the forum, and there were only two CS2 threads, and I didn't wanna make whole new thread for one question. I'm having issues connecting cat2 fully after, well, basically any of the bnb's. I only seem to be connecting fully about 20-30% of the time. Is there a universal fix to the timing? I've tried delaying the drives to leave me lower. I've also tried to doing it as fast as I can, but nothing seems to be remedying this issue. I practice against Jin if that makes a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. : )

Yeah, Jin is actually one of the most difficult ones to finish cat2 on! Dunno why, he just has a wierd hitbox. Retry your practice on Ragna or something and see what your results are like.

On the same note.. XDest, we should make a CS2 General discussion thread.

@RinHara5aki

You are absolutely right! : ) its not whiffing at all on Ragna OR Carl strangely enough lol. Thanks a lot, I was virtually tearing my hair out over that!

@RinHara5aki

You are absolutely right! : ) its not whiffing at all on Ragna OR Carl strangely enough lol. Thanks a lot, I was virtually tearing my hair out over that!

No problem :3

Just make sure to get it down eventually, with Jin you'll want to drop the 3d as low on him as possible. Or you could go for BLOOK LOL throw resets :333

No problem :3

Just make sure to get it down eventually, with Jin you'll want to drop the 3d as low on him as possible. Or you could go for BLOOK LOL throw resets :333

lol Thanks, I'll try to get it down. I noticed if I do j.C late, and 9D~9 late as well, there was a slightly higher success rate. but if its just 3D then that could prove much easier! Thanks again.