Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan McJeeves

[CS2] Taokaka Combo and BnB thread.

Yeah, you need to wait Tao's victory pose and press 5B or do 22C when she turns her head towards the screen.

Hello, other Tao players.

I have a question about one of Tao's challenge combos, and I was hoping someone here could help me out.

I've come to challenge nine, and I can't for the life of me, execute the Cat Spirit 2 madness at the end.

- Is there an easier way to set this up to practice it?

- Do I need "Almost Becoming Two!" in order to pull it off?

- After the backwards high-jump and between every jump-cancel in the combo, am I supposed to input 236B, 236B or 236B-B?

- Is it even a practical way to deliver damage?

Any help would be great,

Thanks!

-on the coner: 3C->Almost Becoming Two->6C->8JC->236Bx5->8JC->236Bx5->8JC->236Bx5

-Yes, you need.

-You are supposed to mash B until the 5th hit of Cat Spirit 2 (the one that does lots of damage and does a very big hitstop) hits the opponent and jump after that.

-Yes, the easiest coner damage that Tao has.

Hiya. I have trouble getting the 236CC -> 5D~A to work in the corner vs Mu. I've been trying diffrent timings for a while now and nothing workes D:

Jin has a very skinny aerial hitbox thus making him lower than you during the final part of the ender, in order to get the 236B x5 to work on jin delay the 3D input so that you adjust the height so that you are on level with him.

Ender should look like this---> 2D~C -> j.8D -> j.5D~6 -> j.C -> j.8D~6 ->(slight delay) j.3D -> 236B x5

Midscreen: 1) 236cc > 2d~c > 9d~5 etc; 2) 236cc > 5d~c > j.d~b (hit) > 5c > 9d loop > ender.

Corner: 236cc > 5d~a > 9d loop > ender.

Midscreen: 1) 236cc > 2d~c > 9d~5 etc; 2) 236cc > 5d~c > j.d~b (hit) > 5c > 9d loop > ender.

Corner: 236cc > 5d~a > 9d loop > ender.

#2 seems to only work at like max range...

It is specific... counter hit only or crouching only... or character specific... I forgot. Try delaying 5d input as much as you can.

It is specific... counter hit only or crouching only... or character specific... I forgot. Try delaying 5d input as much as you can.

Hmmm...I see. Thanks. :D

Hey guys.

Could you guys tell me the most optimal combo off of the basic combo starters?

such as 2a, 5b, 5c, throw, etc? (bearing in mind I wont know most of the special tao specific jargon :v: )

I've read the OP but I cant tell whats useful and what isnt.

Also is the j.8D A loop midscreen performed by hit confirming into the move then landing, dash, j.8D~A, land, dash j.8D~A then land etc?

And I'd also like to know mostly how to end it after the loop lol

thanks

Well, I remember it was somehow clear in the first post, yet anyway.

Let's say it short, Tao combos consist of three stages, those are - starter > 9d-loop > ender. I'll say for now, ender is always the same, no matter the screen position.

Learn the ender: ...2d~c > 9d~5 > 6d~6 > j.c > .. > 9d~9 > 3d~3 > 236b x 5.

The 9d loop you know correctly, you've written right.

Every starter in it's sense is longing to flow into the 9d loop, so midscreen are:

-6a (2 hits) > 9d loop > ender

-5b > 6a (2 hits) > 9d loop > ender

-(dash)5b > 3c (3 hits) > 236a > 5d~b (hit) >5c > 9d loop > ender

-2b > 6a (2 hits) > 9d loop > ender

-(dash)5c > 3c (3 hits) > 236a > 5d~b (hit) >5c > 9d loop > ender

-CH 2c > 66 > 3c (3 hits) > 236a > 5d~b (hit) >5c > 9d loop > ender

-3c (3 hits) > 236a > 5d~b (hit) >5c > 9d loop > ender

-j.c > 66 > (5b) > 3c (3 hits) > 236a > 5d~b (hit) >5c > 9d loop > ender

-CH 6c > 5d~b (hit) > 5c > 9d loop > ender

Corner ones are easier to perform, but I'm tired of typing xO master these first, then I'll summ corners up for ya :3

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a stupid question - I looked through the thread and didn't see this answered so I thought I'd ask. I've been learning Tao recently, and I've gotten pretty comfortable with her j.8D~A loop, but when I drop the combo it's usually on the ender. Looking through the notation in this thread, I've seen the ender as -> 2D~C -> j.8D -> j.5D~6 -> j.C -> j.8D~6 -> j.3D -> 236B x5; and I guess my real question is what is signified by the j.3D? I've also seen it written as j.3D~3 or j.3D~6.

j.3D isn't it's own attack separate from j.2D, right? I've been inputting j.2D~6 because I thought the combo was calling for a downward Dancing Edge followed by a forward flip. Is j.3D just an easier way of inputting the same command, or does it cause something different to happen?

j.3D is most convenient as you hold both the 2 input and the forthcoming 6 input.

There are 2 ways of inputing the ender:

1) you input 3d~3 and keep holding the 3 until the starting animation of the flip comes out. As you see Tao starting to roll forward, you input 236bbbbb ASAP.

2) you input 3d and immediately 236bbbbb. Thus the "6" command will buffer the flip on the 236bbbbb instead.

lol Mintberrycrunch I just finish seeing the episode for your name, what a coincidence also the 2nd way crying void mentioned is probably the easiest IMO.