Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sophisticat

[CS2] Hakumen Combo Guide

OMG, noticed another mistake in Hotaru combos. Some combos are possible only on fatal. You cannot link 2C > j.2C and 2C > tk.Tsubaki after normal Hotaru, only on Fatal. Also added one combo.

It was 1am, I was half asleep at that time.

I'm messing around in training mode, i'll probably add more stuff.

^ Corrected.

Also changed colors for titles back to black, but kept star # in blue. All-black makes the list a bit hard on the eyes, so I'll see about further color coding.

Has anyone messed with the Gurren IAD combos from that one video? I'm noticing the timing on it is pretty tight, but I'm wondering if some of them might be character specific.

From what I've seen it's only impossible on Rachel, but for a lot of the characters the timing is really close.

Thanks for the response! I'll just have to work at it more. I really feel like at least the 3c version is totally worth going for.

a combo for the renka in the corner thingy: renka(1) kishuu mid 6C can go for 3 loops not just 2 (J2A)

tsubaki mid screen can be followed up with IAD J2C 5C gurren (the 5C is VERY tight and requires an almost immediate IAD) otherwise a simple fast IAD j2C gurren can lead straight to the corner from slightly over half screen. for up to 4.7k-5k.

in the corner tsubaki mid 6C 66 2C can go for 3 loops for 5.1k

Counter combos are as follwed:

5D: 2B gurren 6C 1918 damage use mid 6c it does 1980 (high corner push)

2B 5A JA JB j2A 1,9k

2B gurren 66 2C 1.8

2B gurren 66 5A JA JB J2A JC 2k

2C gurren 6C 2k use mid 6C it does 2.1k

2C j2A 1,8k

2C gurren 66 5A JA JB J2A JC 2.2k

2C gurren 66 5B JA JB j2A JC 2.3k

2C gurren 66 2C j2A 2.2k

2C gurren kishuu 2C j2A ad J2A jC 2.2k (high corner push)

2D: 6C 1.4k (high corner push)

5B sj JA JB J2A JC 1.7k

2C J2A ad J2A JC 1.9k

5C gurren 66 5A JA JB J2A JC 1.9k

5C gurren 66 5B JA JB 1.8k

enma loop is not possible so far, from how much ive tried.

JD: lolno

6D: heavy delay right as their feet take off the ground gurren 6C 1.8k (high corner push)

enma FJ2C 2C J2A ad J2A JC 2.3k (high corner push)

(mid screen) renka(1) enma FJ2C 2C J2A ad J2A JC 5C 3C 3k.

the rest is common sense and what challeneg mode teaches you. combo wise. ex gurren 3c or so.

MISC funny AU set ups 2D max 6C and watch them fly out the ball park.

mugen in the corner tsubaki loop and end with shippu.

*weird wall untech time, any time if your enma loop of so puts them close enough to the corner tag hotaru into the end of the combo, they will hit the wall and be unable to tec until the hit the ground or insanely close to it. this leads to higher damage out put for up tp 4k.

alot of combos ive been doing end in a late JC into quick 6C in the corner. 100+ damage and just in case i cant 5C (3C) 6C gives some minor oki.

totally forgot about the one ive been using for so long. thnx zreb.

this was at around 4am so i posted any and all combos that made sense. some you wont do unless near the corner but others work just the same.

ill do a Counter corner combo list later tonight.

6D:

enma FJ2C 2C J2A ad J2A JC 2.3k (high corner push)

You don't have to do enma to get close. Just hop and cancel it with jump.

I found a nice little corner combo off of instant overhead (12 frames total) j.B:

(4) j.B (rising) > Tsubaki > 6C > 66 > 5C > Gurren > 2C > j.2A > falling j.2C > 2C > j.2A > 66 > j.2A > j.C > 5C > 3C [5078]

Don't know if this is truly optimal but 4 stars for almost 5.1k damage off of an instant overhead seems good to me. Just wanted to share to the rest of you guys.

EDIT: It's character-specific but I think this will work on most characters. Platinum's tiny hitbox makes the 6C and Gurren fail.

You don't have to do enma to get close. Just hop and cancel it with jump.

woops forgot to name the prior variant, the list still isnt complete though so gimme some time.

After playing with all the combos, the only part that actually takes practice is renka>kishuu>hop 2C>hotaru>AD j2C~. A decent starter is a requirement for sure. I'm pretty sure this is going to be character specific too (I don't think it will work on arakune due to his lack of a lower aerial hitbox, for instance).

Outside of that, tsubaki can only be comboed if it's done at the beginning/end of the hop for middle screen (probably character specific too). Everything else that's been posted so far seems universal.

I haven't been able to get the IAD j.A > j.B > 2C combo to work on Rachel. The j.A seems to whiff a lot of the time and when you do get it to hit it's way too soon so j.B has to be done sooner, but then 2C won't connect.

for the corner loop...

2c -> sj.2a -> j.2c -> 2c -> j.2a -> delay j.2a -> AD j.2a -> j.C -> 5c -> 3c

i use...

2c -> sj.2a -> j.2c -> 2c -> sj.2a -> delay j.2a -> AD j.2a -> j.C -> 5c -> 3c

is it better to use a regular j.2a instead of the sj.2a?...

I think it's better to use regular j.2A. Sometimes you will be too high if you do sj and won't be able to connect j.C or 5C.

Yeah, j.2a is better. Sj.2a is to keep the combo going.

Okay, so I've been practicing combos, especially the big IAD -> j.a -> j.b -> etc. carry ones, so here's a couple tips if you're having trouble:

- For IAD -> j.a -> j.b -> etc., you want to do all three of these moves late so as to hit j.b as low as possible. This is the key to getting 2c to connect.

- For [stuff] -> IAD j.b -> Hotaru -> etc., you again want to hit j.b as low as possible so IAD late. Not shown in the vid is 3c -> 2b -> gurren starter, but I can confirm it works so long as you delay IAD and j.b to the max.

- For corner "reversals" such as [starter] -> enma -> j.2a "reversal", you need to IAD after enma. This is a relatively easy combo once you have it down, and should work on the whole cast. What's really useful about this is that it works off jabs (5a -> 5b, or 2a -> 2b for example), so Haku can "reverse" his position without having to rely on a risky counter.

- To combo Tsubaki midscreen, it seems to have to be off hop. TK is just a pixel too high I find. On the other hand, I'm having a lot of trouble connecting it on all characters. :(

- For corner [stuff] -> Renka(1) -> Kishuu -> 2c -> Hotaru -> j.2c -> 5c -> 2c link, forward jump Hotaru is plenty good enough. I actually find it easier to link the 5c -> 2c part than in CS1 after the j.2c. The key here is your j.2c height. Done right, 5c doesn't need to hit with the tip of the sword to connect, there's a bit of leeway for 2c to connect. After CS1 5c/2c links, I find this one to be relatively easy to do and should offer near-guaranteed big damage. I highly recommend getting this one down as it packs a hell of a punch.

Hope the above helps, I'll probably add a section in the combo list to deal with tight links/combos. :)

Whether you super jump for j2A depends on what part of the corner loop you are on. You super jump to get closer to the corner, so you really only need to super jump when you are going for 2 relaunches (~>2C>j2A>j2C>2C>sj2A>j2C>2C>~).

All other instances (double jC parts, or just any knockdown) just do regular jump.

Also, I take back what I said about the renka>kishuu>hop 2C>hotaru>AD j2C combo part. The timing isn't very strict on characters it does work on. The mistake I made was on the j2A after that piece. Doing a super jump tk motion for hotaru and a slight delay on j2A basically guarantees the combo, so the risk associated with it isn't that bad.

Psycho, I'm about to put up your counter combos. Want to add/change anything before? Also, I assume these are midscreen, right?

-----

I added new sections under "misc. combos" titled "Heavy Corner Carry" and "Reversals" for the combos found in that corner carry vid. I'll make up a list of combos that should be up later today or tomorrow.

I'm also considering adding a new section just to explain how to do Haku's harder combo parts with vids as accompaniment. If you're having trouble with links, this should help out. Might as well add character-specifics in there, too. What do you say guys, aye or nay?

- For IAD -> j.a -> j.b -> etc., you want to do all three of these moves late so as to hit j.b as low as possible. This is the key to getting 2c to connect.

You delay the IAD too? I was under the assumption that the IAD had to be done as soon as possible so that you get lower sooner relevant to the opponent's position. Or does delaying it have some spacing ramifications?

Also, no doubt there will be questions about his harder links, so an FAQ section for some of the tough spots wouldn't be a bad idea.

Yes @ documenting character specifics, but probably shouldn't take priority over standard stuff.

Probably gives more time for the opponent to fall.

What's the deal with combos that have Renka(K) in them?

You delay the IAD too? I was under the assumption that the IAD had to be done as soon as possible so that you get lower sooner relevant to the opponent's position. Or does delaying it have some spacing ramifications?

Probably gives more time for the opponent to fall.

What Mac said. For 2c to connect, I've found the other's hitbox needs to be nearly touching the ground, so IAD'ing late helps this. Have you been able to do it by IAD'ing immediately?

These strings are execution-heavy for now, and I don't think I've seen them at all in match vids, but I think they can be very useful for massive pushback. I might make these my exclusive combos midscreen down the line if they prove good enough and I get consistent on them.

What's the deal with combos that have Renka(K) in them?

Not sure what you mean by this. If it's the string/name, then I was actually considering eliminating it from the list since it seems more variable than you'd expect from a common string. Or I might just list it as "Renka(1) -> Kishuu", which should make that part shorter. *shrug*

Otherwise, it's your damage string in the corner. It can also be used as a "reversal", and sets up big damage midscreen by enabling Hotaru.

It doesn't make sense when I plug the replacements in.

For instance:

5c -> Renka(K) -> 6c -> Corner Loop

OK, so I go and plug in the Renka(K) line in and get:

5c -> Renka(1) -> Kishuu -> 6c -> hop -> Corner Loop (2) -> 6c -> Corner Loop

And then you have the two corner loops to still plug in.

out of curiosity, does all (j2A~~~jC)X2 replacements nets lower total dmg than only one rep into knockdown? I've tried several and they do about 70-100 less dmg, but you get an additional 40% of a bar of meter.

Have you been able to do it by IAD'ing immediately?

Hahaha, no. Not at all. I didn't have a clue this was why it wasn't working, either. I thought my execution was ass and I wasn't doing the IAD early enough. :p I could do it on Ragna but I wasn't able to get it to work on Jin at all. Didn't check other chars since I was like "There's no way this doesn't work on Jin!!!" and was practicing there.