Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Death Cargo

Haven't these guys released two films already? That makes them more reliable than their public relations makes them seem like. I seriously doubt that Necrostorm would jeopardize their success and reputation that they have gained thru with their films, by scamming people into buying a game that does not exist.

The lack of transparency with regards to the development of Death Cargo has been a huge problem and is why people are afraid that this game is a big scam, IMO. My guess is that then Necrostorm dev team isn't dealing well with the pressure with developing and shipping their game, so they have been quiet for prolong periods of time. Thus that is why the demos took a long time to come out, and why we haven't seen an official trailer yet. Why is that the case? We can only make assumptions but the obvious answers would be from having too small of a dev team and the company not specializing in developing videogames.

The other job that Necrostorm has done terribly with this game, is its PR campaign. Ignoring and silencing your prospective customers on your social media pages is not how you should promote your game. It seems to me that they doing those type of actions mainly to protect their image, which sadly would not be necessary if they were more transparent about the development of the game, and weren't so pretentious and cocky overall when it comes to their personality.

I think it is funny how many people are quick to judge Necrostorm and not give them some slack, on testyourmight.com. The sad part is that most of them didn't even buy the game, so I don't know why most of those people complaining or grilling Necrostorm.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if I am either getting scammed or Necrostorm ended up lying about the shipping dates and ends up shipping the game later. Either way, I think if myself and others don't get our packages in two months, then I will start worrying about getting scammed, but some people need to take a chill pill.

Still no sign of my copy in the mail, either. That's about 5 and a half weeks now of waiting.

I do find it very weird as they are a legit company with good record on their movies and you're right, their PR stance is very very bad. Ignoring people and deleting comments at random on Facebook nearly every day it seems. They need to get someone on board to do their customer contacts that isn't so aggressive and dismissive or people are going to stop giving a damn about them in return. It is looking to me more and more like the game just isn't finished, but they're busting their balls trying to do so and get it out there. Maybe being open about the situation, if that is what it is, from the start would have been far better for their image. Could be wrong naturally though.

Anyway on Monday we should all be getting a digital download edition along with the trailer and everything. All we can do is wait to see whether we get those, or more excuses or just silence.

Haven't these guys released two films already? That makes them more reliable than their public relations makes them seem like. I seriously doubt that Necrostorm would jeopardize their success and reputation that they have gained thru with their films, by scamming people into buying a game that does not exist.

The lack of transparency with regards to the development of Death Cargo has been a huge problem and is why people are afraid that this game is a big scam, IMO. My guess is that then Necrostorm dev team isn't dealing well with the pressure with developing and shipping their game, so they have been quiet for prolong periods of time. Thus that is why the demos took a long time to come out, and why we haven't seen an official trailer yet. Why is that the case? We can only make assumptions but the obvious answers would be from having too small of a dev team and the company not specializing in developing videogames.

The other job that Necrostorm has done terribly with this game, is its PR campaign. Ignoring and silencing your prospective customers on your social media pages is not how you should promote your game. It seems to me that they doing those type of actions mainly to protect their image, which sadly would not be necessary if they were more transparent about the development of the game, and weren't so pretentious and cocky overall when it comes to their personality.

I think it is funny how many people are quick to judge Necrostorm and not give them some slack, on testyourmight.com. The sad part is that most of them didn't even buy the game, so I don't know why most of those people complaining or grilling Necrostorm.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if I am either getting scammed or Necrostorm ended up lying about the shipping dates and ends up shipping the game later. Either way, I think if myself and others don't get our packages in two months, then I will start worrying about getting scammed, but some people need to take a chill pill.

If anyone's ever dealt with attempting to buy games from NG:DEV Team, who infamously had one of their releases mysteriously "held up in customs" for over a YEAR after being "shipped", I'm getting a serious case of deja vu here. Must be something about Germany...

At any rate, I'm even more glad now that I didn't bother with this turd.

Their facebook page says that the digital download will be released 11:30pm on May 5th, and we are suppose to get a dl link via email.

Well after a day of Necrostorm deleting Facebook and forum threads from customers making enquiries about the product they paid for, I've just receieved this e-mail.

Dear customer

At this link you can download for FREE: DEATH CARGO: Digital Standard
~link removed, obviously~

-Download the .rar file
-Extract the files
- run the .exe
-Follow the instructions

-In few hours we will provide you the File Creator activation code.

ps:
As soon as the pre-order/collector edition is online, we will guarantee you also that link.

WE REMEMBER IT IS FORBIDDEN TO UPLOAD PICS AND VIDEOS OF THIS GAME BEFORE THE OFFICIAL TRAILER RELEASE.
WE WOULD HAVE SERIOUS PROBLEM HERE IN ITALY.
PLEASE RESPECT THIS RULE
OR WE'LL BE FORCED TO REMOVE THE MATERIAL

Our Best Regards

IT BEGINS.

Well after a day of Necrostorm deleting Facebook and forum threads from customers making enquiries about the product they paid for, I've just receieved this e-mail.

IT BEGINS.

Wow!

How large is the download file size, out of curiosity?

You will be posting pics etc. once you've got it running, yes? :D

14.1MB. It's also an incomplete archive. gj.

Welp, I'd say these folks are done with trying to sell video games, or at least being able to make a profit off them. Back to CGI snuff films, then.

Shades of the Ocean Marketing incident.

wAOCDVc.jpg

One step closer. Cool preorder rewards system.

Did you get two emails with the same link, Pichy? I can't try this out yet since I am away from home. I just hope Leach is playable in this build.

Did you get two emails with the same link, Pichy? I can't try this out yet since I am away from home. I just hope Leach is playable in this build.

Usually I do; this time I didn't. I received three.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQN-gzWtOXY

Look at what just got a takedown notice from Necrostorm.

Apparently, even making screenshots of that weird activation interface is enough to kiss your copy goodbye, so I hope this thread goes under NS's radar. If you still want your game, that is.

People got caught because they used same user name on Necrostorm forum as they did when complaining in other places. So Necrostorm had their IP from their forum posts over there and, of course, have been watching discussion on the net.

Silly move on the behalf of the people who were openly saying bad things, really. Use a different name at least! :p

Pichy, I guess it has been more than 48 hours now? Have you received your full download?

Dear Customer,

YOUR UNIQUE VERSION HAS BEEN JUST CREATED

We are about to upload all the customer's versions, in order of purchase.

Of course the file creation toke exactly 48 hours as reported, and as clearly explained in the buy page the entire process take a total of 5 days (the more activation code you request, the more it takes)

Please verify

http://www.necrostorm.com/games/deathcargo/buy.html

EVERYTHING IS PROCEEDING PERFECTLY, NO PROBLEMS REPORTED, WE ARE PERFECTLY IN THE RANGE OF TIME.

We just please ask you to wait our message with your link, it will be provided as promised in the next few hours

-Of course if you don't want to wait and you want to be refunded, just please let us know.

-For any other question don't hesitate to contact us.

Our Best Regards

I feel that my gentle prodding in e-mail correspondence is slowly getting results. The Buy page didn't say anything about a 2-5 day code generation delay until today though. Regardless of how the game turns out, these guys are pros at retroactively covering their asses.

I would not be so certain. Seem that the only people that are getting that canned email about "Your version is created, we're all on time" are those who are actually sending the customer service a complaint. Those who haven't confronted them have had nothing at all. More stalling tactics to keep complainers quiet.

I don't like this one bit. The code generator said you get a download link, and you're right about the website changing just to cover their asses. They keep moving the goal posts, and I might just complain and take them up on the refund.

Reading elsewhere it seems like the "legal reasons" they keep referring to in case of lack of promotional materials are not true either.

Latest from them.

NnrKhkl.png

Below it is a link to this Kotaku piece.

Having a front row seat to this has been most enjoyable. I'll wait out the five days before sending my next e-mail.