Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aginor

[CS2] Mu-12 vs Litchi

If you bait DP:

Midscreen - 2C or dash 3C (CH), into combo (2B 6A 6C 214D (w) etc...)

Corner - 5C SoD into combo (5k)

If you're near the corner, the best punish would be Barrier to push yourself out, then 6c FC. It's -23 so you have plenty of time.

omg and that would be a guaranteed 6C FC charged laser punish! Finally! It really seems like there are very few situations in the game where you can get your fatal as a punish in the corner. Actually, outside the corner too.

Kind of OT, but have you guys actually landed the 6C FC charged laser combo in a real match?

Sure, you bait wakeup super or Dp and you can clip a lot of people pretty easy.

Also late chaining into 6c far into a combo will cause them to air tech and it hits meaty in the corner, usually people keep mashing tech until knockdown so they get CH unless they're using 4ab.

If you're near the corner, the best punish would be Barrier to push yourself out, then 6c FC. It's -23 so you have plenty of time.

Whenever I would try to 6C she would always block in time, or the stick hits me on the way down. Maybe my timing is just bad.

Also, if you block the first hit of Itsuu C, you can 2B in between the first and second hits to punish even on normal block. I mention this because a lot of the Litchis I've fought recently seem to enjoy using this move on block a lot, and if you block the second hit, it's like +1billion on block. :v:

Double post but derp...

Anyways I fought a Litchi in the last tournament I went to an got blown up pretty bad. I realized I have no clue what to do against a Litchi that knows what they're doing.

Habaya helped but I couldn't seem to zone her out consistently in the least. :< Her range when she has the staff is pretty beastly lol.

Double post but derp...

Anyways I fought a Litchi in the last tournament I went to an got blown up pretty bad. I realized I have no clue what to do against a Litchi that knows what they're doing.

Habaya helped but I couldn't seem to zone her out consistently in the least. :< Her range when she has the staff is pretty beastly lol.

I seem to have an issue with Litchi as well. She gets in too fast at times, imo.

Her 5dd is pretty braindead in terms of antizoning, it stuffs even Hazama's approaches, and lets her get in real easy.

Best thing you can do is 5d JC, air block it, then go in after you block it, poking her with 2b and 5c. While Matenbo is returning to her is when she is most vulnerable, as she doesn't have a dp, and she's defending, Matenbo is inactive, and her staffless pokes are super ass. Some Litchi players like to cheese people out with using Itsuu as it returns, but 2b will expose that pretty hard.

I thought that her Itsuu had full body guard point?

The litchi's long range pokes with staff are slower than Mu's but you can't always poke her with 5c because she can use her itsuu that blocks it and leaves you open for a counter hit.

Her j.c in the air is dangerious on counterhit, but you have a slightly better chance of knocking her down because Mu's j.c has slightly more reach. But it depends on spacing.

You have to make litchi get tired of you keeping away (and safely setting 1 stein at a time) that she throws her staff at you, trying to outzone you or hitting you out of unsafely setting up steins.

Then it's just like Cor said, time to rush her while her staff is out.

edit: litchi doesn't have too many moves that have head invul, the only move that has it is a 10f special move. You have to bait her itsuu and you have a chance of attacking her from in the air, but Mu's air to ground moves are unfortunately not that good

Itsuu is vunerable to lows and throws, just like Tager's 6a or Bang's 2d.

Litchi for me is another case of someone challenging Mu's range advantage. in my experience 6B is probably the most dangerous thing i can get from litchi, as any CH is pretty much a guarnteed easy 3.4k i think. When her staff is gone though, it gets a bit easier to deal with.

Her itsuu can indeed be hit out of 2b. :0

I couldn't test that out last week because i hate using my borrowed xbox360 (that stupid dpad of the controller) to play blazblue while waiting for my ps3 to get fixed.

Barely, she lost corner Daisharin but instead has Kokushi Musou, which, unless I'm mistaken, leads to less damage but still 3+ high/lows. (at least no throw possibilities... yet?) Midscreen is still pretty similar, except her 4D[m] doesn't lead to corner carry combo anymore so I guess that's a good thing, and overall I think she has less corner carry because she lost the BCB loop, but still has some combos that carry. I guess you could, in reaction to midscreen daisharin, do an air super now, but I don't know if it would be worth the meter or not.

So yeah besides litchi getting a bit weaker don't think much specific to this matchup changed.

4D[m] caught me out a lot of times, So im glad they've toned down her obscene carry. If she has lost her BCB loop then I can assume this matchup will be somewhat easier. Good to see I don't have to learn much more since I play with a good Litchi player almost everyday.

Also, does Kokushi take a primer?

Well, as everyone knows, I fought Lord Knight's Litchi and got blasted. I don't know, either it's because I don't know all the matchups yet with Mu or it just seems tough to set anything up against her. Tried to rush down, got a pole in my face. Tried to zone, she felt too fast to hit. I felt kinda hapless against those 7 matches. *sigh*

Talking about Extend btw.

Maybe I'm not doing it right, and I don't think I can beat LK more than once every 10 games, but so far my gameplan is just run away, place a stein/236a/236d when I feel 100% safe (out of 6b[m] range mostly), and only go in from the ground when I see an opening (ex: whiffed move, blockstun from stein/236a/236d). Of course 5c if the litchi is just running at you. Don't approach litchi from the air if you don't have laser backup, she can just crouch j.c and anti air with 2a. It doesn't matter if you set up a stein and are forced to block due to her staff flying around the screen, it's pretty hard to dodge, your objective when you do that is to get a command laser out at some point to let you get in, just don't get counterhit because that means she's in.

If the litchi doesn't have the staff I'm going to abuse special cancels and stein cancels in my pressure because it becomes harder for her to deal with it. Another thing I find is it's better to burst early against litchi if you know she's going to finish her corner combo in kokushi musou because it's so damn hard to block that you might as well not put yourself in that situation if you're going to burst afterwards anyways.

Backdash is good for getting out of midscreen pressure as long as you don't get predictable with it :sweatdrop:

Yo fuck this matchup.

The stick really makes shit hard. You have to be really careful. One stein at a time till you can get the laser out. Rinse repeat until one of you dies.

I found that 2B can beat a LOT of Litchi's move when she doesn't have the staff. Id she fires off 5D and it's flying around, just fly at her. her 5B is really good but I think 2B has better range.

It's retarded if the litchi player can effectively use 5D to zone you in though, I don't have a real answer to it other than block until you find a gap in a string to mash Origins.

Biggest tip I could give anyone struggling with this matchup is to keep momentum, keep pressure on, keeping doing shit if It's safe and keep a passive aggressive zoning stance on her, She needs a fair amount of time to do shit, so just make sure she cant.

5D > 2D

4D > 6D

2D > j.6D

All work pretty well for me here.