Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginseng

[CSE-CP] Tsubaki Yayoi Simple Questions and Answers thread! Version 3!

So lately, I've been noticing that I'm finishing a LOT of rounds (frequently on the losing side :P ) with a full heat gauge, and I can't help but think that there must be SOMETHING I could be using that stuff for other than the occasional counter assault. Our supers just seem so BAD now that, since it seems to have become harder for me to tack 236236C on at the end of stuff, I rarely even bother to try.

While I clearly need to start working on integrating rapid cancels into my gameplay (Outside of 3CC > RC), I'm not really sure of good ways to do so - we don't have any obviously useful RC combos like certain (*COUGH*RAGNA) characters do, so it seems like it would be best in applying pressure? What do most people do with their heat gauge?

Astral, obviously. =) GOLD BURST > ASTRAL yeahhhh

Okay more seriously these are the things I use my heat on the most:

3CC RC combos (if I get a really good starter like 22D and don't want to use Mugen)

Mugen combos (if I get a decent normal or throw starter and have 1-2 or 4-5 charge)

j236D > j214D > RC > 22[D] unblockable (if the 22D combo would be enough to kill or put them near death)

RC mixup (usually only if they're low enough on health to die in 1 baby combo)

l use my rc's for resets and the like (I used to have the same problem, this is a good if not gimmicky supplement especially if you want extra damage w/o charge)

(crouching) 5bb 2bb 5cc 6bb 236c 214c (late) rc dash 6a/ (2a) throw

6a rc 6a

(theres a small setup i'm trying, it works like how ragna would ID in his pressure to bait a few options and rc to keep pressure/combo)

maybe j.c(fuzzy c) rc j.c?

2bb rc 2bb?

ldk lol but definitely get creative l think tsu has plenty of ways to reset using heat

Some more RC mixups:

6B > RC > 6A (lol)

6A > RC > 6B

jB > jC© > 236C > RC (can crossup or not depending on height)

jc'able move > IAD > j214D crossup > RC (can RC as early as possible for fake crossup instead, can follow up with dash 2B > 2CC > IAD combo, or follow up meterless if you send them back into the corner. If you're in the corner and cross them up back into it, you can do 3CC RC combo for 4k+)

...j236D > j214D > RC (break a primer and get a free safe mixup attempt)

Tsu has a lot of fun stuff, it's too bad she gets absolutely no reward. It's like being a mechanical engineer but only getting paid minimum wage.

we don't have any obviously useful RC combos

If 3CC RC isn't obvious, What IS?

214X>RC is really good too.

If 3CC RC isn't obvious, What IS?

Yeah yeah, fine, I mentioned that one anyway. Don't make me edit it to say "other obvious..."

214X>RC is really good too.

214X? or j.214X?

If you hit with 236C up close, you can't follow up even on CH, but you can do 236C > 214D > 5C > 2CC > 236B > 214B > 22B

If it's from far and it's CH, you can do 236C CH > 5A > 5BB > 5CC > 22B.

I think he was referring to following up on a 236C hit whilst the opponent is in the air.

quite alot i might tag my opponent jumping in with a 236C, can i follow this up in any way?

236C>214A>dash>5C>2C>236B>214B>22B should work. Depends on the opponent's height though. If they're too low, you'll probably just have to do 236C>214A>22B

I think he was referring to following up on a 236C hit whilst the opponent is in the air.

Oh in that case what TGR said!

That makes perfect sense when I think about it for a second, I got that link down from air throws, CH B/C, FC 3C etc. Thanks TGR

Uh, Hi :3

I'm not sure if this has already been answered but I'm having a bit trouble using this combo: 5BB > 5CC > 623C > j.214B(w) > sjc j.C > jc j.C > j.236D > j.214B > 6C > 236C > 214B > 22B [2978, 32 heat gain]

After I land j.236D and then j.214B, I go over my opponent to the other side and when I try to connect 6C, the opponent just techs away. I even tried mashing the 6C just to try if it's even possible to connect but I just couldn't connect it. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Almost forgot. when I'm doing this mugen combo, (6CC > Mugen > 623D > j.236D > j.214D > 2CC> IAD j.CC > 5C > 2CC > 236C > 5C > 2C > 236C > 214B > 22B)

I have a lot of trouble with j.236D. What happens is that when I do j.236D, the orb also hits the opponent and then he can immediately tech out. This is happening very often for me (around 24 out of 25 tries). Is there a specific thing I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance ^-^

I'm not sure if this has already been answered but I'm having a bit trouble using this combo: 5BB > 5CC > 623C > j.214B(w) > sjc j.C > jc j.C > j.236D > j.214B > 6C > 236C > 214B > 22B [2978, 32 heat gain]

After I land j.236D and then j.214B, I go over my opponent to the other side and when I try to connect 6C, the opponent just techs away. I even tried mashing the 6C just to try if it's even possible to connect but I just couldn't connect it. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Almost forgot. when I'm doing this mugen combo, (6CC > Mugen > 623D > j.236D > j.214D > 2CC> IAD j.CC > 5C > 2CC > 236C > 5C > 2C > 236C > 214B > 22B)

I have a lot of trouble with j.236D. What happens is that when I do j.236D, the orb also hits the opponent and then he can immediately tech out. This is happening very often for me (around 24 out of 25 tries). Is there a specific thing I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance ^-^

Not sure about your first question, unfortunately (though I'm sure someone else can assist). For the second one, have you tried just delaying the j.236D a little bit? The cancel window is relatively lenient.

BattousaiJ made a video with some explanation of issues around the "3D" loop, but I can't find it now, alas. BJ, assist! >tags<

The timing of the j.236D - j.214B(whiff) has to be perfect for 6C to land, the combo is also character specific cause against certain characters you have to delay the j.214B a bit to make it whiff, this in turn causes the 6C to be impossible to connect.

An easier variant is doing dash 2B - 2CC - 236C - 214B - 22B instead, though it does slightly less damage.

BJ has failed me, but I found his video anyway. It's the quite poorly named "1 Charge Mugen Showcase" which makes it sound like some sort of combo exhibition, rather than the technical demo it mostly is (though I must admit that the 1 charge 6CC combo he does in the 2nd half is quite impressive.)

BJ has failed me, but I found his video anyway. It's the quite poorly named "1 Charge Mugen Showcase" which makes it sound like some sort of combo exhibition, rather than the technical demo it mostly is (though I must admit that the 1 charge 6CC combo he does in the 2nd half is quite impressive.)

Hmm, Interesting, I'll try to mimic that certain timing in the video. Thank you very much ^^

I'm trying to do:

CH 214A > 2CC > IAD j.5CC > 5C > 2C > j.5C > j.5CC > j.236A > j.214C

But I can't get the 2C after the IAD, but 214D(not counter-hit) starter works. Any suggestions?

You cannot connect 5C > 2C after the IAD j.CC in that combo because the P1 of 214A (214A as a combo starter), is horrible. The reason you're able to do it with 214D is because 214D is much better as a combo starter.

You cannot connect 5C > 2C after the IAD j.CC in that combo because the P1 of 214A (214A as a combo starter), is horrible. The reason you're able to do it with 214D is because 214D is much better as a combo starter.

Alright thanks, checked and it works with 214B. Does 214B have any invincibility, I'm sure A did which is why I had it set to Counter Hit

Ah I thought I typed the rest of what I did ha.

214A/B/C (CH) will not work with that combo unfortunately.

Alright thanks I'll try it with CH 214B since trying to counter with 214C seems ridiculous.

I don't think it will work - the thing is that it's not just the P1 that's bad. 70 isn't completely terrible by itself - it's the P1 * P2 that kills the 214X series as a starter. 214C has the same P1 as 214D, but it's low P2 is probably going to keep this from working.

Unfortunately, these are tools that have more or less been crippled in EX, since not only is the reward fairly poor (as far as I know, the best you can manage from them is going to be a simple 214X > 5C > 2CC > 236C > 214C > 22B or the like) but the risk is fairly high now, since if they block it, you're at a very unpleasant -7. Really not worth fishing for these under most circumstances, which is really a shame, because it reduces these moves to garbage combo filler again.

I don't think it will work - the thing is that it's not just the P1 that's bad. 70 isn't completely terrible by itself - it's the P1 * P2 that kills the 214X series as a starter. 214C has the same P1 as 214D, but it's low P2 is probably going to keep this from working.

Yeah even though I got the combo to work I barely hit 2k with it. While with the 214D starter and 2CC in the middle(instead of just 2C) I ended up with 3k.