Sign in to follow this  
Koozebanian Fazoob

Kenshiro make your head asplode

2B 2B 236CE 6CDE 6, 2C D 236D > IAD j.C |> D 236D > IAD j.A |> D 236236A

That's a really shitty version of the basic corner loop with Ken. It's the easiest version though and it pretty much works on anyone.

Do you think you could explain this in a little more detail? :X It seems that the notation is a bit confusing for me.

When you do 236C, do you tap E immediately after the C? And for the 6CDE, do you tap C and D together, like C+D? 236C is the move that staggers them right? I don't know why but the 236C sometimes misses after the 2Bs. Maybe I'm just doing it too slow.

Lately I've just been trying to find a wallslam combo that works. So far one that I've been practicing is:

C+D(hold 6), 2C c.5D f.D 236D > IAD j.B |> B f.D 236A236A

I can't get it 100% because the IAD part is annoying. <.< I'm betting that this one isn't even all that practical because starting off with C+D is slow. How do you combo into that move? Using boost?

If the letters are all bunched up together, then you slam them all at the same time, as hard as your man strength will allow.

Do you think you could explain this in a little more detail? :X It seems that the notation is a bit confusing for me.

When you do 236C, do you tap E immediately after the C? And for the 6CDE, do you tap C and D together, like C+D? 236C is the move that staggers them right? I don't know why but the 236C sometimes misses after the 2Bs. Maybe I'm just doing it too slow.

Press the E at the same time as the others. 236CE is just that, quarter circle forward motion then C and E at the same time. CDE is pressing all three at the same time. That'll make you do the move right in the middle of the boost. It's also what makes the 236C connect, since you'll reach much further

You have to use different CD combos on different characters AFAIK. My go-to one is usually: CD 6, 2C D 236D > IAD j.C |> 236D > IAD j.C |> 236D > IAD j.A |> D 236D > IAD j.B |> 236236A Which you can obviously get more reps/hits on but I usually end it early to be safe (the damage you get from 236236A greatly outweighs any damage you could get from normals at that point).

H-F Blade:

You can combo Ken's CD by boosting it (CDE in the combos posted here), which is easier. If you don't have boost, you can still combo it by doing close D, far D, 2D cancel into CD. The 2D won't actually come out. This one requires some timing and it will only work if you're close enough. So 2B, close D, far D, 2D cancel into CD won't always work outside of corners. You can watch a simple combo vid I made for my friend if you want some reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4LvTRO4NwQ

If you ask me, the good thing about kenshiro is that you don't actually need a wallslam combo to deal big damage. His jaraiko (236 D) combos alone deals huge damage. Try it, you'll be amazed on how quick the round ends if you hit 2-3 of these combos on your opponent.

Found an interesting IK combo just now. 2147A(2hits), E (boosts you under and to the other side of the opponent), IK They have to have no stars first, but the overhead is a nice mixup. Plus it looks cool. *Doesnt work on Souther

Don't think you can combo the 214A. The rest would work. But i can never get them to float high enough to do IK after 236236A.

I think because its character dependent. Some characters are easier to hit with IK after 236236A (Rei, Heart).

To make the opponent float higher, you need to hit them more after his 236D. I noticed that the opponent bounces higher when you do (Ken's 236D -> IAD -> 236 D combo)sjc. A, B, A, B, A, D instead of sjc.A, B, A, B, C/D.

Random Kenshiro Questions: -How does Kenshiro reflect fireballs? -I have trouble landing the A B A B D in this combo:f.D 236D > jc.C, j.D |> D 236D > sjc.A B A B D |> 236236A Its a superjump right? Probably just need for practice... -Any help with the DP glitch?

-How does Kenshiro reflect fireballs?

-I have trouble landing the A B A B D in this combo:f.D 236D > jc.C, j.D |> D 236D > sjc.A B A B D |> 236236A Its a superjump right? Probably just need for practice...

-Any help with the DP glitch?

I don't really use Kenshiro but...

Question 1: He can't (OR CAN HE?!). Maybe you were thinking of Toki? They both have counters and the ~*~HOKUTO SHINKENZ~*~ n stuff.

Question 2: Yup it's a superjump cancel. I've never used 236D > j.C, j.D |> f.D xx 236D until just now in training mode and I don't really like it. If you must use j.C, j.D then the key is to delay the j.D so only one hit connects and the opponent floats nice and high for f.D xx 236D.

Try doing the B&B like this: f.D xx 236D > IAD j.C |> f.D xx 236D > sjc. A B A B C_D |> 236236A.

Question 3: A+C+E as soon as the 3rd hit of the DP connects.

To make the opponent float higher, you need to hit them more after his 236D. I noticed that the opponent bounces higher when you do (Ken's 236D -> IAD -> 236 D combo)sjc. A, B, A, B, A, D instead of sjc.A, B, A, B, C/D.

I never noticed this post before. They really do bounce higher after sjc. A B A B A D. Much easier to land 236236A, 623A_236CD. Thanks!

You're welcome lunchbox. :)

I tested it out, and he can reflect Toki's ground wave.

After the superjump, i fly too high and can't get more than two hits...

You need to hit the opponent as Ken leaves the ground.

also, try practicing on large characters first(heart sama), just to get the timing of it.

He can reflect non-ground based projectiles with 214A. Don't know about Mamiya's low arrow or Toki's ground wave though.

I stand corrected.

I just tested it out and it doesn't work on Mamiya's low arrow. It reflects Juda's 236C though.

After the superjump, i fly too high and can't get more than two hits...

What terrybogard said about the sjc. A's timing is true, but because you say you can get at least 2 hits it sounds to me like the opponent is too low when you hit them with the 2nd standing D xx 236D. Either close or far D will work but I think you'll want to time it so that close D comes out because it hits above Ken, the opponent is closer to you, etc.. Ideally you want them above Ken's head when you smack 'em with close D but the timing is pretty lenient.

If you're using the 236D > j.C, j.D set up, then you must j.C on the way up, pause, and j.D as Ken falls. It's kind of like doing the up+HP in Iron Man's infinite because you want Ken to be closer to the ground while keeping your opponent floating above you.

He can reflect non-ground based projectiles with 214A.

He can also reflect Mamiya helmets, bouncing or not (in the arcade).

Alright, so after I combo into CDE, my wallslam combo is 2C5D > 236D > iad.C > 5D > 236D > iad.BA |> 5D > 236236A. Probaby not the best variant, but the one I can perform consistently. D:

The problem with Kenshiro wallslams is that they get very character specific in certain situations. Some characters rise quickly so you have to juggle them very slowly. It's annoying. One thing you can do is if you start from just CDE, is do 2C 5D 236C, D 236D. That'll keep them a bit lower and get an extra star. My personal favorite version is: 2B 2B 236CE CDE 6, 2C D 236D > IAD j.A |> D 236D > IAD j.B |> 236D > IAD j.B |> 236D > IAD j.D |> 236236A Which is one of the stronger ones there is. Unfortunately these don't seem to work on some characters. Not sure why yet. Bonus points if you can land these: CD 6, 2C D 236C, D 236D > IAD j.C |> 236D > IAD j.A |> D 236D > IAD j.B |> 236D > IAD j.B |> 236D > IAD j.D |> 236236A or CD 6, 2C D 236C, D 236D > IAD j.C |> 236D > IAD j.A |> D 236D > IAD j.B |> 236D > IAD j.B |> 236D > IAD j.D |> CDE E~2A D 236D > sjc.A B A B D |> 236236A, 236236A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB9CZFNAthA

The combo at 0:52 really caught my eye. I tried it and if you finish with the super, it does a total of about 85%. o.O It's really tricky to pull off consistently so I wouldn't go for it regularly but I like the start of the wall slam as it sets them up for perfect iad j.C > 236D looping.

After slamming them, my new combo is now: 5D > 236D > IAD. j.A > 5D > 6B > [iad. j.C |> 236D]x3 > iad. j.D > 236236A. Basically it's just like the one in the video except minus one rep of the iad j.C |> 236D. And the last 2 combos you listed make me wanna rip my hair out just trying them. x_X

The combo at 0:52 really caught my eye. I tried it and if you finish with the super, it does a total of about 85%. o.O It's really tricky to pull off consistently so I wouldn't go for it regularly but I like the start of the wall slam as it sets them up for perfect iad j.C > 236D looping.

After slamming them, my new combo is now: 5D > 236D > IAD. j.A > 5D > 6B > [iad. j.C |> 236D]x3 > iad. j.D > 236236A. Basically it's just like the one in the video except minus one rep of the iad j.C |> 236D. And the last 2 combos you listed make me wanna rip my hair out just trying them. x_X

You can actually squueze in c+d 6 5d 236c 5d 236d as the beginning of your combo to make it 3stars, good shit though, its my new BnB wall combo.

If you want more reps of kens loop, do less hits before starting the loop or less hits before the CD. Example: You can get more loops in if you do the combo close D, far D, CD, loop combo than doing 2B, 2B, close D, far D, 236 CE, CDE, loop combo.

Something I keep in mind when I play: I only do 2-3 reps of ken's loop if I get many hits before CD wallslam hit or before I actually start the loop. Otherwise, you can do up to 5 reps if you manage to sink in a clean CD hit and start the loop after it.

Sign in to follow this