Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leonil_Requiem

[CS2] Ragna vs Jin

Yea, it hadn't happen yet so I figured I'd start them. Here we'll discuss the pros and cons of different ways to go into the fight against the character above. Note that there are few definite answer when fighting and the best we can do is try our hardest to make safe methods of gaining the competitive edge. Have fun and remember this thread if for the betterment of us all. So try to keep the trolling to a minimum level.

Neat little thing. If you get him in the corner DS on his wake up can shut him down.

It beats every move he can do including his D dp, the only thing you need to watch out for is him to throw out his reversal super.

That and he can try to jump out of it or just keep blocking. My experience uptill now is that if you manage to get this dude into the corner he becomes much much easier and you won't have to worry about his superior damage output anymore.

Cons to this matchup are the fact that it feels like he can control the rest of the field better than you.

That and if he catches you his better damage can turn the tables, god forbid if he gets you in the corner and actually has some nice meter...

Keeping him blocking and forcing him into the corner is how this matchup should be played imo.

Neat little thing. If you get him in the corner DS on his wake up can shut him down.

not completely true jin could do a tk d icesword and punish DS or force the ragna to block

i don't know the specifics on it yet, i think it requires a slightly mistimed DS, but it can happen

A Jin with common sense won't do that.

I mean to say your DS must be hella late and close to even get hit by that.

^lol well if dosn't have to be that late, but it certainly isn't reliable and if u have no options left you might as well go for it

i would say only try it after they get hells fang knockdown to corner from close to midscreen and try to run up and DS

who the fuck would use tk ex ice swords.....especially on their own wake up......

Ok, after playing a lot more Jin's there is one thing that keeps getting to me again and again. HIS FRIGGIN DAMAGE OUTPUT!!. Now I'm not expecting some miracle way to lower his damage, but it would be nice to know what his big damage combo starters are. Right now it seems he gets at least 3K off of everything...

Right now my strategy is to keep him pressured, block for dear life and burst as soon as he gets me in a (near) corner combo.

Almost anything near corner with 25 heat will net him at least 3k damage, other obvious starter standing C crouching hit confirm , j.c/j.2c ch on whatever position you are will lead to serious pain

^that and

6C/6C(CH), 2C FC, 6B/6B(CH) can net him 3-4.5kish midscreen and 5kish corner meterless.

his neutral throw(corner) can also reach 4k or more if you rapid.

mmm, so basically if I'm to be hit by this guy getting hit by a low starter is better than anything else? (provided there is no corner near). As for the heat problem, I never see a jin without heat lol. I could be me but this guy has quite some meter gain.

If his lows are less dangerous then the next step would be making him use those more than his godlike air moves and his good standing moves.

It's not just you, He does have a pretty generous meter gain. 30-50meter from any sekkajin/hj2C combo.

And i guess his crouching moves are less damaging since 2b has shitty p1, but it still gives him a ton of meter. 3C is a pretty neat starter if it does CH though.(expect 3-4k)

mmm ok I'd rather take my chances with a possible big damage and meter than a guaranteed big damage and a ton of meter. Next up is, how do I condition him to use these moves more, most of the time this guy is in the air or goes for his better moves. The only thing that comes to mind is not blocking low on purpose so he goes for that, but that just seems stupid.

I thought it was generally accepted to block low unless he has 50% meter since Jin has no mix-up without HISHOUGEKI!!!

I keep getting hit by 5B and crossup j.B/j.A, and I don't seem to be able to pull out a 2A or 6A in time.

It's either that or I'm getting pelted by 2369C into 2D. And I always seem to be "just out of range" for DPs, like he planned it that way...

Just something funny I found.

Properly spaced Deadspike will bait all of Jin's DPs (on wake-up) and can actually beat his D-DP.

Properly spaced of course. It's probably one of those hilarious situational things, but it saved my life on a few occasions.

You can also plink 2A~B. (or even 2A~C~B)

Following up on this, this OS is great against Jin's C dp.

I find the easiest way to blow it up is to just 2A, hold A, then 4B, while still holding A, then hold B a little for .3 seconds. This gives you enough time to confirm, and leaves you with a 2A 5B starter on hit/block which is just way better than 2A 2B. This os also works on gold burts for those who didn't know.

2[A] 4 [ ] indicating held.

2[A] 1 for when you feel your execution is off, since for 2A 4B you have to do 2[A] 5(neutral) 4 this leads to less damage, but goes into autopilot 5B really easily and give far more time to confirm.

I have pretty good jin players as friends, so I can seriously tell you one thing: blocking is the safest thing to do. Block for a while, os throwtech when you think they might finally throw, and just keep blocking--- Jin's strings can't really do more past that for the most part. When you have them more comfortable, start trying to dp their strings more.

Though tbh most jins don't know how to do blockstrings that can go past 3 resets...

Just something funny I found.

Properly spaced Deadspike will bait all of Jin's DPs (on wake-up) and can actually beat his D-DP.

Properly spaced of course. It's probably one of those hilarious situational things, but it saved my life on a few occasions.

This won't work. Since DS is so slow jin has enough time to wake up dash dp. Essentially what this does is counter the fact that they might space their DS. You don't even have to use D dp, C dp will also work. All the jin player has to do is wake up on time to catch ragna before the move gets into active frames.