Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leonil_Requiem

[CS2] Ragna vs Tager

Yea, it hadn't happen yet so I figured I'd start them. Here we'll discuss the pros and cons of different ways to go into the fight against the character above. Note that there are few definite answer when fighting and the best we can do is try our hardest to make safe methods of gaining the competitive edge. Have fun and remember this thread if for the betterment of us all. So try to keep the trolling to a minimum.

If you got a Tager in the corner that really likes to backdash on wakeup, slightly delay your dead spike and you'll catch him, leading into a pretty nice combo. Simple, yet effective if your going against a backdash happy Tager

This match-up is all about spacing Tager correctly until there's a chance to go in for big damage (usually once you push him near the corner).

Be careful with your long range pressure though, as Tager can instant block > 720 your 5C, and you'll seriously had have yomi'd an ID to live through it (No gatlings would save you)

Both characters are trying to punish the other's mistakes in this match-up. Ragna is going to have to take risks at some point if he wants to get damage, but dont' approach stupidly or predictably. Play the footies game until Tager makes a mistake of his own for you to capitalize on. That's all I've got for now, nothing specific yet.

So can't you head off his IB of your 5C by canceling your 5B into 2C or something instead? Or do you mean reacting to your naked 5C?

Means he will just get you after a blocked 5C, either during its recovery or canceling into something else other than probably ID. It takes longer to cancel into something else.

Also, dont freaking use xx blockstring xxx 6A on a good Tager, it is just too predicable whats coming next after.