Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leonil_Requiem

[CS2] Ragna vs Platinum

Plat's 5C > tk Swallow Moon (BS cloud) is relatively reversal safe when done correctly. Try not to let her catch you with 5C while you're standing guarding because it lets her skip the tk Swallow Moon for faster mix-up options. If the Plat goes for j.B or delayed j.2C after a blocked 5C while you're crouching anyway, just do a slightly delayed 6A to catch her.

Her 5B and j.C have range, but only in one specific direction: directly forward. /cough/Mu/cough/ j.A, j.B, and her j.2C have little range and shouldn't be an issue unless point-blank. Plat's 3C is rather lengthy for a low, too. You have better speed than she does, so abuse it.

If you're put in that bubble don't bother hitting buttons since it's like asking her to fatal you.

Uhhh... other than that, I got nothin'.

Without the bat, abusing Ragna's good pressure options (like Deadspike and 2C pressure resetting and 2A > 2B staggers) can destroy Platinum fairly easily. As far as I've seen, she needs with the bat or 50 heat for a reversal super to get out of good pressure.

I think the match is all about gaining the momentum before she can, kind of like the Valk match-up, because she doesn't have much in the way of defensive options without heat.

Also, 6A and Inferno Divider are your best friends for TK Swallow Moon shenanigans.

As for dealing with bubble, just block it. If you're both at neutral, however, and she pulls it out, a quick 5A will take care of it, as physical attacks destroy it.

As for her weapons, here is what I've got:

-The hammer is not a fun weapon to block. Try to smartly ID her when she attempts to use it in pressure, because it breaks two primers and is completely safe on block (in loli install mode, she breaks 3 primers with it). NO RESPECT FOR THIS THING SERIOUSLY.

-The Cat Hammer hits as an overhead, but otherwise is not too dangerous, and pretty easy to block. Instant blocking that as long as you're not too far from her is a free 5B punish.

-The bat as already mentioned, works in the same way as a DP or counter assault. Watch for it when you're trying to pressure her.

-The cat missiles keep you away easily, just block this stuff. Same goes for the cat bombs, I haven't really found any answer aside from being patient when those two weapons are out.

-I'm actually not sure what the frying pan is used for, most Plat's I've fought simply Item Drop it.

Take advantage of your normal's range and priority to scare her into pressure. That's all I've got so far.

fuck plat

Fuck plat.

Frying pan/magical fan is used for combo filler and instant overhead. It causes ground bounce when she's in the air.

Also, 6A and Inferno Divider are your best friends for TK Swallow Moon shenanigans.

Read my first post.

Read my first post.

I did. I've still found them useful a lot of the time (though like any anti-air option, they can be baited).

I did. I've still found them useful a lot of the time (though like any anti-air option, they can be baited).

Technically you shouldn't have enough time to 6A after a blocked 5C, and she can just option select and go for the low hit/land and block alternative.

Outside of off 5C, they can try to use TK swallow moon (or just regular swallow moon), to try to cross-up or go for a quick overhead. I've even had them use it at neutral. It was in situations like that where I found 6A and Divider useful.

I've never seen a smart Platinum player do that to me, though.

One of the main 'rules' I've learned over time was to only approach in a risky manner if you were covered in some way (i.e. dead spike ((blocked)) > rc > 6B, or 3C (hit) > falling j.C), since this increases the chances of success in something that would normally never work against someone competent.

Platinum's bubble is popable you can just hit it will be gone but the problem if you pop it Platinum can come and hit you for it. But you block it on it, waiting, that's just your fault. Your letting Platinum giving her free pressure on you. The problem is Platinum's moves are relatively safe. 236B, they can use that and hit you also rapid out of it sliding you against the wall since Ragna had bad recovery, it's free combo for them like 4k~6k along which item they have hammer or bat. 2B>5B>236A watch out for that one.

. 236B, they can use that and hit you also rapid out of it sliding you against the wall since Ragna had bad recovery, it's free combo for them like 4k~6k along which item they have hammer or bat. 2B>5B>236A watch out for that one.

Wut.

236B has a funky hitbox, but it's at least -20 on block. Only be wary on block if they have 50 meter. From what I read in the frame data, everything besides the missiles and bombs are about -10 or -11 on block when it comes to her specials, and 6B is one of the few normals that aren't negative (it's +1 to be specific).

I'm not sure how to comment on that last part. Please elaborate on why 2B>5B>236A is something to look out for, since I've yet to experience anything on both ends of the stick with Air Persia.