Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kousaka

[CSE] Arakune Video, Critique & Discussion Thread

I found that omitting the 6b completely makes it more stable.

Like 3a > 5ab > 214a > w/e

lol, I don't know. 5a being faster I suppose, especially with barrier's pushback.

Okay guys, here's a little video of my gameplay. It's online, nonranked against a 59 PSR or whatever HZ. Any feedback or recommendations would be greatly appreciated, although I am aware that 2C is a bad move :P This is CS2 btw.

You can embed videos by using

[video][*backslash*video]

Well, first off, you can work on your movement, a better Hazama would have ate you alive. You seemed to have either missed an air dash (input) or missed the 4 (input) that made you float down. Master that, screw ups can be a defeat vs better opponents. You're pressure was kinda weak, not that I can blame you as Hazama is mashy by nature so it's always good to keep it air tight and short, but I recommend rising j.b > j.4b, Hazama lacks a short notice answer to that, so it's good, plus if he's mashing, CH can lead to the whole string red beating and going into 5a > 6b > j.6d (5a > 2a > 2c > 6d in CSE). Work on your execution and confirms, you should be able to go into 100% curse off of a 6a, and at least 70% off a 5a, you went for easier, herp confirms like 5a > 6b > etc. 5a on air hit goes into j.a > j.c > j.d, better positioning and with better execution, 5a > sj.a > j.c > j.2a > DC 5d > sj.a > j.c > j.d. Curse confirms too, you lacked effective mix up, your comboing was good and so was your unblockable reset attempts. But mix up is where it's at, I have an old curse set up video on my YT channel, it's super primitive and is from CS1, but most of the set ups are still applicable thus far in CS2 (and CSE).

Good for those beginners.

Good for those beginners who have gotten the hang of things.

Take a look at them and hop in practice mode.

Other than that, you performed well.

Which reminds me, I'm not sure if I posted this, but it's some footage of my day 2 CSE Arakune vs a guy in the scene who went to Chicago for school.

Let me know how I performed. I could use some ideas when fighting patient jumpy Jins.

70% off of a 5A you say? Would I be able to see the notations for that? Or does it go something like 5A>2A>5B>5D>IAD>j.4B>5A>6B>j.6D?

And ya my overhead combos definitely need work, I usually just go for 6A>5D>IAD>j.4B>5A>6B>6D because I'm a little bad on the execution, especially online.

One final note, would there be footage of this mythical rising j.B j.4B that I keep hearing about, I'm having trouble visualizing it?

5A>2A>5B>5D>IAD>j.4AA>5A>6B>j.6D Would be more like it. I'll record some footage of rising j.B > IAD > j.4B later.

70% off of a 5A you say? Would I be able to see the notations for that? Or does it go something like 5A>2A>5B>5D>IAD>j.4B>5A>6B>j.6D?

it can be 100%, but it's hard. Have done this only few times in training mode.

5A>2A>5B>5D>IAD>j.4AA>5B>5D>IAD>j.4AA>5A>6B>j.6D

I didn't know that 6c > 5c recovered fast enough for 5a to hit.

I think I saw Kousaka do something similar when vs. that Tager at Evo last year, I just thought it was character specific.

@ 10:20

yeah thats eki-chan's corner meterless combo ender. It does good damage but it only works if there's not too much hit stun proration. Used mostly in those situations where you do one wheel loop and not enough curse for much else.

It's not character specific but it's harder on some characters then others where jC tends to miss them (ie. makoto).

It's not even corner specific but you have to be pretty damn close when you hit a 6c for it to work outside of corner.

Here's some 6c meterless curse building combos combos.

Corner 6C>6C2>5A>6B>IAD Barrier Cancel JD>5D>JA*ï¼’>JC>JD

Near Corner 6C>6C2>5A>JA>JC>A dive cancel > 5A6B>IAD Barrier Cancel JD>6B>IAD Barrier JD>5D

6C CH>5A>JA>JC>A dive cancel>5D>hjc>JA*2>JB>JC>JD

I suppose, but I don't play online.

Really?

Like what?

Don't be afraid to criticize.

I've see all of your matchs, which make me say:

- You must use lesser IAD jB when the adversary run at you. It's easy to see it and you get AA because of that. (well, ID by the Ragna more than 6A).

- Try to have a better hitconfirm on 2A. Sometimes you could make 70% curse combo but you just do 2C 6D

- About that, 2C in guard, you're mad ! xD

- Some issues during curse pressing, but it happens. Be careful about your distance with the corner.

Your Arakune is nice, there is just one thing: Your adversaries doesn't seems to care about FoG at all; you've hit them without combo often.

- Yeah, I see that when I watch videos of me, I need to practice moderation.

- This too, however I resort to 2c > 6d because I'm scared 5b > 5d will whiff and I fear 5d on whiff.

- rofl i mad

- Still in an experimental phase on this, but I definitely need to work on this, luckily, I'll have the game soon to practice.

Thanks.

respect your opponent, don't do 2C in block, random FoG, j.B all day, dashing. Improve blocking, you ate much stuff after airdash barrier, too much lambdas lows. If you doing random 2C try to confirm it better, on FC you can do 70%-100% curse depending on distance.

i think your 2C during curse was unsafe and not good way to approach to opponent.

In terms of respecting my opponent, he would have to earn the respect, some crucial, real life matches are won by disrespect. I didn't feel threatened by taking those risks.

Really?

Like what?

Don't be afraid to criticize.

Well there was that one thing you did that was like (let's see if I can get this right), 2C into one of the bugs. I also like how you use the aerial 2C or I guess 2B in the air. Usually I just throw them out and kinda hope that I hit someone. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Actually, most of the time it does hehe. There was some other cool stuff in there too, but that what stood out.

In terms of respecting my opponent, he would have to earn the respect, some crucial, real life matches are won by disrespect. I didn't feel threatened by taking those risks.

yes, but it will be better if you post video with descent player, which can AA you and punish 2C. Or at least teching during dropped combos and blocking FoG=(

Isn't playing with "descent player" another thing than "respect"?

But whatever, even if the matchs aren't that good, we can see what his Arakune is able to do.