Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kousaka

[CSE] Arakune Technical & Gameplay Discussion Thread

Clouds during combos is strictly for timing, serves no other purpose. They can be buffering bugs but that's unnecessary.

The only time cloud works as a burst bait is after aircombo > J.c > cloud instead of j.d.

idk if this is the right forum for these questions but..

if you don't have enough time for meaty 5d, how do you punish roll techs on the fly? (and confirm for any sort of damage/curse)

also, is there really a gap between 5a and 2a????? i've been 720'd and hotenjin'd out of it now (online)

Answer 1: Nothing really. You can try a 2a, but the active frames may betray you.

Answer 2: Yes, it can be DP'd through.

5a > 5d is really his best one.

5a > j.b > is also good.

That's a glitch that occurs when He's in FRKZ and cursed. More bugs come out for some reason.

God damn that set was disgusting. lol @ having bitches on the mind while playing. I blocked like 2 5Cs the entire set, LMAO.

ok, so you can do the extra bug thing all the time during frkz? or is it especially during spider cannon?

lol, i just accept that i can't block overheads. was this offline/online? cuz 5c is unblockable online lol

the thing that bothered me was that you were not confirming 2a 5b 5d iad etc...you were doing a lot of just 2a 5a 6b j.d which i couldn't think of a reason not to do the more cursifying combo (since it's not particularly difficult anyway). i would also have used more distortion on wakeup just bc zeth was not respecting it at ALL unless you were in the corner, but ... i'm pretty scrubby and also play too many ppl that just fall for spider cannon on wakeup.

i tend to rely on b-teleport a lot for my curse pressure/mixup (especially in the corner, like b-teleport summon 6c bug and 5d bug [finish teleport] then j.c overhead) and it seemed like you weren't using it at all...you were going for primers?

I wasn't playing like I usually do. At that time I had issues with my Significant other so I was distracted the whole time :( <\3 I usually maxout my curse building combos. I don't wakeup super because I play people that blow that shit up free. That's Skye's shit, fucking wakeup Super/Gold Burst.

The Biscuits Special is walk up Jump C > C teleport fatal combo for 100% and 6D after Dead Angel. :cool:

In the corner I usually just try and fish shit out ( Ashura, 2D, 6D etc etc) because as you've probably noticed, Arakune brings out the desperate scrub in everyone.

If you get too fancy with mixup you'll get blown up by reversals and just bullshit mashing.

That's Skye's shit, fucking wakeup Super/Gold Burst.

It works more than it doesn't. Everyone is so desperate to do a meaty.

Arakune brings out the desperate scrub in everyone.

Also true.

Well, the advantage of a cross-up is that it screws up, for example, an ashura input, so you'll actually hit him if he tries to ashura because he'll get an a mash and counter hit. (same would go for any super/dp input)...this is especially true for like wake up daifunka, bc if you back dash on his wakeup you'll still be in recovery from the back dash when daifunka hits you (and any bugs you summoned wouldn't hit him cuz he would still be invulnerable. But I'm used to playing stay free who does the most random shit and I have to expect things like wakeup daifunka and steel rain, as opposed to ashura.

Sorry to push this, but the exta bugs come out specifically during spider cannon on frkz??

Oh, i had another question. I am always questioning what I want to do AFTER the corner 100% curse combo iad j.d 6b iad j.d 5d. I saw biscuits do a-dive after it. Is that the common follow up?

You want to go directly into pressure.

Cancel the 5d>236b>6b bug>6a bug

B bug hits and A bug prevents them from rolling.

You can back dash 6cd bug and walk up pressure.

Or go directly into a b or c teleport mix up.

Well, the advantage of a cross-up is that it screws up, for example, an ashura input, so you'll actually hit him if he tries to ashura because he'll get an a mash and counter hit. (same would go for any super/dp input)...this is especially true for like wake up daifunka, bc if you back dash on his wakeup you'll still be in recovery from the back dash when daifunka hits you (and any bugs you summoned wouldn't hit him cuz he would still be invulnerable. But I'm used to playing stay free who does the most random shit and I have to expect things like wakeup daifunka and steel rain, as opposed to ashura.

opponent can OS crossup

2363214A+B+D

214214A+B+D

412364A+B+D

421A+B+D

for C specials/supers is possible C~A+B but is much harder and isn't that effective.

very char specific because different invul/input/hitbox, can beat forward dash, j.236A/B, 236A/B, loses to j.236C/236C.

I don't know the specifics of the glitch, only that Bangs has to be cursed and in FRKZ. Its happened in Japanese Arcade matches as well, where 3 B bugs would cross the screen.

I like to go for cross ups too.

I usually go for j.214c.

Good points, crosses up inputs, confuses opponents trying to block. Goes through almost any move that isn't messed up. ID, Ashura, Tsubame, Rehhyou, you name it.

Bad points, it will lose to a 720 though, so it's better to go for other options vs Tager. You have plenty in that match up anyway. It also returns to neutral if your opponent rolls or tries to jump out after neutral teching.

Oh, i had another question. I am always questioning what I want to do AFTER the corner 100% curse combo iad j.d 6b iad j.d 5d. I saw biscuits do a-dive after it. Is that the common follow up?

A good idea I go to is go into j.236c as if it would red beat, it has 100 p1 so it goes into big damage on hit, and on block, use the 6b bug and the c and d bugs will help resume pressure.

I updated the OP again, I finished (I think) the Pressure & Zoning section and got to work on Defense, if you have any ideas/suggestions let me know.

i can't seem to make b-dive loop work. is there a special spacing that i'm missing? i'm doing for example on mu-13 FC 2c 5a jc j.a j.b j.c j.2b 2b 5d but neither the 2b nor the 5d come out

also, it seems like when arakunes do the air grab after they've already done two jumps, they somehow follow it up with a couple dives into 5d (no rapid). how??

i can't seem to make b-dive loop work. is there a special spacing that i'm missing? i'm doing for example on mu-13 FC 2c 5a jc j.a j.b j.c j.2b 2b 5d but neither the 2b nor the 5d come out

You're using the wrong button to dive cancel, you are technically cancelling a next dive into a ground attack. Now you can't use j.2b > j.2b now can you? You need to dive cancel with a or c, I've always used c.

also, it seems like when arakunes do the air grab after they've already done two jumps, they somehow follow it up with a couple dives into 5d (no rapid). how??

A very very very very late dive cancel. It's not easy at all and it looks character specific. I always just use j.236d if I grab after a double jump/air dash.

You're using the wrong button to dive cancel, you are technically cancelling a next dive into a ground attack. Now you can't use j.2b > j.2b now can you? You need to dive cancel with a or c, I've always used c.

A very very very very late dive cancel. It's not easy at all and it looks character specific. I always just use j.236d if I grab after a double jump/air dash.

lol skye..kk got it. i don't think i understand where they're dive cancelling though for the air grab combo

btw, i also got a different FC counter combo (2c) that does slightly more damage and works on all characters with A-dive if you just do two 5a's on the ground before you do the air combo/dive cancel stuff (since you don't use j.b it doesn't pro-rate as much i guess)...since it works on all chars it might go in OP? Edit: Ok, yea the different spacings on 2c definitely completely change the combo you need to do nvm.

(have yet to read the full new OP)

Possible correction:

5a is Arakune's best poke, almost 100% of his pressure will start with a 5a. It's important to understand that Arakune's 5a, 2a and j.a can only be done 3 times in between gatlings. This has existed since CT. If 5a ever comfirms, you have options, one of the easiest options is to go into 6a > j.6d, is must be close up though.

Should the 6a > j.6d be 6b > j.6d?

Good eye. Fixed.

One more in the second bit of Part 0. Pre-curse Pressure & Zoning:

j.236c is what you're primary zoning goto option is going to be. It's random between a homing cloud, a cloud shield that follows and stays around Arakune, and a cloud that stays above the opponent.

j.236d?

Also fixed.

God this is annoying me now.

I am going for 100% challenge mode completion eventually, completed most easy characters and have 10+ challenges with everyone except Arakune. I am stuck on 10 with him for some reason:

5C > [jc] jA > jA > [djc] jA > jC > j2A > [dc] 5D > [jc] jA > jA > [djc] jA > jC > jD.

Anyway, I understand very much how Dive cancels work (2/bd) and I'm pretty sure it's not the problem, but the djc jA keeps whiffing! idk why lol

Can anyone help me, I feel very stupid for asking this lol