Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kousaka

[CSE] Arakune Q&A/FAQ Thread

ArQA.png

Skye edit

This is the thread for questions regarding general gameplay revolving around Arakune.

Don't forget to read a few pages and check further down this post to see if your question has already been answered.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How does Arakune do that cool thing when he comes downward with an air attack?

That is his j.4x moves, when you are in the middle of an air dash, hold 4 and press a, b, c, a+b (Barrier) or b+c (Grab), Arakune will float down and do the performed action.

So whenever you see these kinds of notations (j.4b, j.4aa, etc), this is what they do.

Q. Arakune's IAD is so hard, how do I do it correctly?

Arakune's air dash is very weird, because of his floaty movement and extra animations, buffering his air dash is nigh impossible. The trick to do it is so work it out slowly, jump, then press 66. Make sure you press 66, it's the only way it will work. Once you get the hang of it, try it faster and keep going until you got it.

Q. Dive Cancel, wat do?

Dive cancelling is an important part of using Arakune to his fullest potential, in CT, it was a staple, nowadays it's an extra tool to get more curse meter. When performing a dive (j.2a/j.2b/j.2c) upon contact with the opponent, you have a 3 frame window to input another dive, when done close to the ground, it cancels and turns into a ground attack, you can then buffer/kara the attack into anything you want, so to do [j.a > j.c > j.2a > DC (Dive Cancel) 5d], once j.2a connects, you tap 2 and press b or c then press d. So it will look like 2/cd. Dive cancelling can go into any ground action/command. Remember that if you used the dive, you can't cancel with that button, for instance if you did j.2b, you cannot DC with b, you must use a or c, provided that you did not use j.2a or j.2c.

Q. His curse combos are tricky, how do I work his 6c rekka right?

The main trick is to time the 6c early, in a manner that it hits right after the d bug hits them on the way up, from there simply buffer the 5c. After that perform the 3c (not 2c) and tap 5d, this will make the c bug come out right after the rekkas and the d bug will follow.

If this method does not work for you, try this.

Midscreen:

6C>5C(hold)>3C(release C + tap 5D) - full loop

Corner:

6C>5C(hold)>3C(release 6C+ tap 6d) - full loop

Okay, I'm going to restart what I was talking about in the CS thread because I didn't explain it very well.

The first problem I have is after Throw>236236C>5D. After jumping, I cannot find any way to get J.C to connect. I've tried;

J.A > J.C.

J.A > J.B > J.C

J.A > J.A > J.C.

J.C

J.B > J.C

None of these have worked, even once. I've tried super jumping, I've tried delaying it, doing it as quickly as possible. I've tried moving during the laser. Nothing works. Not even once. Yet alone stable. J.A > J.C DOES work if some hits of the laser miss. E.g. 6A > 5D > 236236C > Move back to pop them up > 5D > j.A > j.C. But if the laser hits them directly after a throw, it just doesn't work. The J.C just doesnt connect.

The second problem is during a curse combo. This is the curse combo I use, written by Skye;

(Starter) > [6cd] > c/d bug > j.236[cd] > release cd > c/d bug > 6c > 5cd > 2c > c/d bug > j.2acd > c/d bug > (Finisher)

There's two problems I have with this. The first is doing this midscreen. When I do this midscreen, the C bug from the 6C hits the enemy, keeping them in place. Then when I do 5CD > 2C, it crosses them up, sending them behind me and making the D bug to miss. This probably has a simple solution but I can't find it.

The second is more complicated. Now, whenever I don't start with a throw or a direct hit with the D Bug. So I start with 6CD, 6A>5C, 2C, j.C etc. The D Bug that comes FROM the J.2ACD doesn't pop them up for the finisher. This happens.

J.2ACD > A, C, and D bug hit > Opponent lands on floor > opponent techs > D Bug goes up.

This is a massive problem as it means I can't finish with a 6B>FOG>RC>j.4B reset or do a Laser Super. Are there any solutions to this?

The first problem seems to be because of the hit stun scaling on f-inverse. Just move back to make a few hits miss, and you're good to go. If you want an example, watch Ara's Challenge Mode #9.

For the second problem, the C bug should not be coming out on 6C. You're either releasing C much too early during the wheel, using 6C much too late, or are holding down 6C instead of tapping it. Oh, and don't walk up too close to ensure that you don't cross up. An easy alternative to the D bug problem is just using something to manually pop them up, like u-12 in CS1. If you want the D bug to pop them up, there's a specific time you have to release the D bug to get the correct positioning for it to do so. Just experiment with different timings and you'll find it. =P

The first problem seems to be because of the hit stun scaling on f-inverse. Just move back to make a few hits miss, and you're good to go. If you want an example, watch Ara's Challenge Mode #9.

Problem is, that's a back throw. If I do a neutral throw into distortion, it won't move back far enough to pop them up. I'm starting to get the feeling that the full combo of a Neutral throw is impossible, but I want to confirm before I start getting into the habit of Back Throws.

For the second problem, the C bug should not be coming out on 6C. You're either releasing C much too early during the wheel, using 6C much too late, or are holding down 6C instead of tapping it.

Excellent, that solves my problem. I was doing 6C once the D Bug lifts them, when what I should have been doing is doing 6C just when it is about to lift them. Thanks man.

Oh, and don't walk up too close to ensure that you don't cross up.

Already knew this, but thanks, that confirms it.

An easy alternative to the D bug problem is just using something to manually pop them up, like u-12 in CS1. If you want the D bug to pop them up, there's a specific time you have to release the D bug to get the correct positioning for it to do so. Just experiment with different timings and you'll find it. =P

I'm sure the pop up works, but the second part was more correct. I'm supposed to do the J.2A then J.2CD as early as possible so that the D Bug Down drops them on the ground as near it as possible.

Problem is, that's a back throw. If I do a neutral throw into distortion, it won't move back far enough to pop them up. I'm starting to get the feeling that the full combo of a Neutral throw is impossible, but I want to confirm before I start getting into the habit of Back Throws.

Nope, it's possible to make some of the hits miss on neutral throw. Just wait till the opponent is at the apex of the throw, then use f-inverse and hold back. Then, just go straight into jC rather than jA. Then it's just jD, f of g, or Dive Cancel.

Uh, if you're talking about using A dive mid-screen you gotta use j.3A>]5CD[, not j.2A.

That works even better. Thanks.

Thanks to you Oda. You're right. It is just about possible. Pretty hard though. I'll probably be better off doing Back Throws for reliability. Or just save the meter. Lol.

Uh, if you're talking about using A dive mid-screen you gotta use j.3A>]5CD[, not j.2A.

j.2a is definitely possible, but you need to back up before doing it, preferably with an air dash.

Hi everyone!

I've been playing around with Arakune since the update because I was already very familiar with the matchup, so I am acquainted with his playstyle. However, I have two questions about him.

1) I've gotten his bnb's pretty well, and as a result, I am very familiar with the C/D bugs. However, how do I pick up combos off of random A/B bugs? Also, how do I hitconfirm? For instance, when I'm doing a 2A/6A mixup, how do I guarantee that if I hit the opponent, I can hitconfirm into C/D bugs? It seems to me that you need the hitstun from the A bug to continue the combo, but how can I time the A bug in advance if I'm trying to hitconfirm?

2) Is it just me, or is Arakune's IAD very strange? I'm having trouble pulling off IAD j.4B.

Thanks for your help!

The jwiki is here. Haven of information if you can read it since it's also the main board for the jp players.

http://www14.atwiki.jp/arakune/

@Lumination

1) Negative Edge and only use specific setups instead of randomly unleashing bees everywhere. Simple example for full screen lockdown is ]B[ bug > ]C[ bug. Easy to hitconfirm into a full combo and on block lets you mixup. During pressure strings, setups are everything again. Check the combo thread or the jwiki for tons of them.

2) You should only input the IAD after a visual confirmation that Ara has jumped. Easy example is inputting a superjump early during a 5D, letting the stick go to neutral, and only tapping 66 after you see Ara has finally left the ground.

So wait? The wheel loop can only be done 4 times max now? I've been trying to do it more but my dummy techs every time I get to the 5th.

Also, now including the B bug seems to do more damage since you can't seem to wheel loop as long.

You shouldn't be doing just the wheel loops.

You should be doing all of Arakune's loop if you want good damage. Wheel has same move proration.

It is just me or... The unblockable curse reset isn't unblockable anymore? (With the air DD).

I've done it against Noel in training, and she can block the DD after the jB. I wonder why it doesn't work...

Nah it works still.

Though for me, it is so situational. Either;

1) I don't have 100% meter.

2) D Bug doesn't pop them up, especially after J.2ACD, without assistance (since if you do 6B to help it, you can't do the unblockable.)

3) The D Bug does pop them up, but Curse is still active, causing 6BBug to hit them.

4) Or, the D Bug does pop them up, curse ends just on time, but they tech in the air after the 6B.

5) Or, I do the unblockable too early in the combo and they don't get reset by the J.B.

Basically, I need 100% meter. I need them to be in the amount of proration I need (not too little so they dont get reset, but not so much they tech in the air.) I need the D Bug to pop them up without help, and I need the curse to end during the time between the d bug going down and the d bug going up. It's so irritating.

It's the D Bug pop up that annoys me the most though. Sometimes it happens really early in the combo and I have absolutly no clue why. As soon as I think I have a reason, I do the solution again and it doesn't work.

This isn't so rare for me. I need basically 35 heat when i start the combo for having 100 heat at the end. But i don't use 6B, i do:

(any starter) > j236C (release 6C/6D) 6C 5C 2C (release 5C/5D) 5C j236C (release 5C/5D) 5C > High jump > double jump (Dbug launch) > jC > DD > RC > jB

It work really well for me (if the starter isn't a good one). But today it doesn't work against Noel ;__;

This isn't so rare for me. I need basically 35 heat when i start the combo for having 100 heat at the end. But i don't use 6B, i do:

(any starter) > j236C (release 6C/6D) 6C 5C 2C (release 5C/5D) 5C j236C (release 5C/5D) 5C > High jump > double jump (Dbug launch) > jC > DD > RC > jB

It work really well for me (if the starter isn't a good one). But today it doesn't work against Noel ;__;

Wow, this works amazingly. Thanks. Do you mind if I steal it? Everything about it is easier. The loop, the timing, the reset. It even ends at the exact right time if you started with most of the curse bar. And because j.236CD is quick, it's easy to adapt to how much meter you have left.

Though why is that double jump there? Don't you just 5C before the launch, then jump forward, j.c, DD etc etc?

Really, that combo should be the norm. I've been testing that combo against the current main curse loop, and that one is almost better in every way. Not only is it easier, and gives more meter, but another interesting thing is that from a start like 6A>5CD or 6C, it does about 400 less damage, 100 if you omit the 1st 5C after 6C5C2C. But after a 2C, it does even MORE damage than the regular combo. Probably even more if you omit the first 5C, but probably not by much. So unless I'm doing something wrong, I don't see why the normal combo is better.

Well, the thing is you lose damage with the scaling. That's why I use it only if the combo have a bad proration. If you use 6B, you can have the most damage possible before the reset, but you get less meter because you use dive (j236C give something like 12 heat). I say that but, you can use it with a good starter and more bar of course: You just have to add some loop, and j236C at the end.

And you can use it if you want, This isn't a thing i absolutely want to hide. For the double jump, it's simple ==> Try to do it against Hazama, or Makoto... You have to do the 5C during the Dbug hit, then High jump(8) double jump(9) and jC straight up from the adversary.

I'm stupid; I've only understand right now that the DD serve to add 50 curse gauge meter and not 100...

So you will need the originale setup Lordspectre, or time your loop for adding curse.

is it me or is every arakune user have n a hard time on pro tager matches now >__< and im not doin rush doin but ill post a couple of my matches on here soon as i upload.

Hey guys. I'm learning Arakune, but I'm willing to pick up a sub-main. A few questions:

1: What characters might best cover Arakune's weak matchups?

2: Also, Arakune related: In neutral, when I'm throwing out random bugs, should I be doing 6]C[ and 5]D[ close to the same time? I find that if I do 6]CD[ or 5]CD[, the D bug misses quite often.

3: What should I do after a ground throw when I don't have 50 meter? Any setups, etc.?

1. Not the place to ask that, and you should check other character boards for that.

2. Be more specific. You should never just be throwing out random bugs.

3. 236b, good for confusing the opponent.

1: Hmm...what if I reworded it to "What are Arakune's worst matchups?". Though I would assume asking for a general idea of what characters would be good to learn to cover Arakune's bad matchups would be done in the Arakune board...

2: Well, what exactly should I be doing if I just cursed my opponent and happen to be mid-full screen? I have trouble doing the 44 teleport quickly, and my opponent always sees it and starts moving away beforehand.

3: 236b, then what? Should I try going for some weird crossup stuff, etc?

And new question:

4: If I predict my opponent to burst out of my curse loops, what should I do about that?

Thanks for the answers.