Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HiagoX

[CS2] Makoto vs. Noel

It might be just me but it seems like every time I go up against a Noel it's a nightmare. I get poked out of everything I do, I can't seem to get in on her, and half of Makoto's movelist seems to be worthless against her. I know that sounds retarded, but I really need some help with this matchup.

How do you approach her? Her 4D seems like a pretty damn solid defense if I go by air or ground. Makoto's JC isn't exactly reliable to get through it, J2C is a free combo for Noel. If she Optic Barrels, it shuts me down in air without a superjump or lucky spacing... 3C is free combos for Noel. I've tried dashing in and barrier blocking to bait her, and for the most part that does okay except that I pretty much give her free reign on my guard primers. Once she gets me in the corner it's just over.

I assume the whole point to this matchup is to just play defensively, right? Any tips for doing that with Makoto?

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?11771-CS2-Noel-vs.-Makoto.

Use similar tactic like her, playing too defensive will get u killed as her melee pressure is really good... i don't have too much problem against Noel who occasionally throw random drive as u can ib and mash pokes out. and just like Makoto, her pokes also very good at close range.... and right now i'm totally lost dealing with her normal pokes... since it didn't too much different than us ... it's all about who had the better footsies.

you can beat her 2D with your 6A or even air throw it fast if u sense it coming

her 4D is just stupid x(

you can poke her out of her drive with IB or DP it... remmeber to combo from the CH DP and she can go to 4d from her drives

she can beat your j2c with the gun flame from her 2D and beat it with 4D and most the time her 6C will clash with your tail or easily beat it with the gunflame from it... still the tail is a very viable choice but try to sneak it as much as you can so you wont get counterd... make it always suprising and dont give her the time to react to it.

her drives are hard to parry as the hit from it comes late after the parry active frames is ended.

if she is hmmm.... not a high level noel and keep going into drives you can bait her drives and give her good break shot for a good damage and sometimes she just jump at the orb hurting herself :p

imho i think this match up is bad for makoto :/ (cs2 noel is stupid >.>)

oh one last thing: remmeber her CA

Thanks guys, I pretty much have the basics of the matchup down... in theory, but this Noel player is a particularly good one and I play him nearly everytime I turn on the game. He knows my playstyle and I know his, so its kind of difficult to deal with him sometimes. It seems like everytime I dash in he 2D's over pretty much everything, I'll definitely have to work in 6A a lot more. (I agree on cs2 Noel being stupid XD)