Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zidane

[CS2] Hazama Combo Thread

ONE: VIDEO TUTORIALS

Hazama Combo/Tutorial 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kacsqbk4ue0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZeFv0FXKOY

Hazama Combo/Tutorial 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4r4kZj2ZGM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qJALKAujXE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvJ0iyVcQUI

TWO: RELAUNCH COMBOS

Ragna, Jin, Rachel, Arakune, Bang, Hakumen, Hazama, Lambda, Litchi, Taokaka, Noel, Mu, Makoto, Valk

1) 214D~C(1 and 2): 6C (66 optional) 5C(2) 2C(delay) 6DA 4DA jump back j7DA 623D jump forward j6DD 66 6C 66 2C jCx5 5C 623D OR jC x5 j214B

2) 214D~A(2, opponent must be crouching): Hotenjin 66 6C 66 5C(2) 2C(delay) 6DA 4DA jump back j7DA 623D jump forward j6DD 66 6C 66 2C jCx5 5C 623D OR jC x5 j214B

3) 6A / 6B / Command Throw(236C) into Hotenjin: 66 214D~C(2) 6C 66 5C(2) 2C(delay) 6DA 4DA jump back j7DA 623D jump forward j6DD 66 6C 66 2C jCx5 5C 623D OR jC x5 j214B

4) 2 or less NORMALS into Hotenjin: 66 214D~C(2) 6C 66 5C(2) 2C(delay) 6DA 4DA jump back j7DA 623D jump forward j6DD 66 6C 66 2C jCx5 5C 623D OR jC x5 j214B

5) 3 to 4 NORMALS if 5B/5C/2C starter into Hotenjin: 66 (additional 66 optional) 6C 66 5C(2) 2C(delay) 6DA 4DA jump back j7DA 623D jump forward j6DD 66 6C 66 2C jCx5 5C 623D OR jC x5 j214B

6) 3 or less NORMALS if 5A/2A/2B starter into Hotenjin: 66 (additional 66 optional) 6C 66 5C(2) 2C(delay) 6DA 4DA jump back j7DA 623D jump forward j6DD 66 6C 66 2C jCx5 5C 623D OR jC x5 j214B

EXCEPTIONS

Rachel: 1-6) JUMP BACK j6D

Arakune, Bang: 2, 4) Jump Neutral j7D

Bang: 6) Now works, delay 4DA and JUMP NEUTRAL j7D as much as possible

Hakumen: 4) Very short dash, Jump Neutral j7D 6) Possible but very hard to do, not recommended but still looking for another combo

Litchi: 6) Must walk forward after Hotenjin, dash 6C very close to them, delay 4D

Mu: 2, 6) 2C 5C(1) instead of 5C(2) 2C after 6C; still hard / impractical

Valk: 2, 4) 5C 2C works, need to use jump neutral j7D 5) Walk forward, dash 6C. Very short dash 5C 2C, jump neutral j7D. 6) 2C 5C(1), jump neutral j7D

MORE EXCEPTIONS:

Platinum: Any situation into Hotenjin, 66 214D~C(2) 66 6C 66 (VERY SHORT DASH) 5C(1) 2C 4DA 6DA jump back j7DA 623D jump forward j6DD 66 6C 66 2C jCx5 5C 623D OR jC x5 j214B

Carl: Any situation into Hotenjin, 66 214D~C(2) 6C 66 5C(2) 2C(delay) 6DA 4DA jump back j7DA 623D jump forward j6DD 66 6A 66 2C jCx5 5C 623D or jCx5 j214B

Tager: Any situation into Hotenjin, , 66 214D~C(2) 66 6C 66 (VERY SHORT DASH) 5C(1) 2C 4DA 6DA jump back j7DA 623D 66 5C 623D xN (N being usually 2-3 times max, could be more depending on how many hits into Hotenjin and how many moves you omit; the less, the more times you could do this loop)

Ok, here is a combo thread finally. I've updated the relaunch combo list to include everyone now. Also linked the two tutorials that japan made. I've received several PMs from 2-3 guys who spent a lot of time transcribing these vids. I will post them eventually because I need to correct them / put them in an easier reading format. How bad does everyone need to know the notation for some combos?

I've left out any midscreen combos that are basically N amount of normals into 3C 214DA or 236D. I'll add them too if people want but it's pretty much just bitch combos to either bring them to the corner or build meter. I am actually going to update it soon with hit confirms off certain moves, probably now or in the next couple of hours.

Pretty much:

1) How bad do people need those vids notated in this thread?

2) How bad do people need to be told how to do useless combos midscreen?

It would be nice to have SOME midscreen BnBs for reference. Transcriptions/notations are always useful for quick reference, IMO, especially if in the long term we annotate them with damage and heat gain for reference.

A lot of midscreen damage can be situational, such as AA 5A or the such, 5D on an opponent that is considered airborn, and the like. As far as grounded combos, it's honestly Stuff 3C Ender

6A being in combos is so boss.

From my scrub point of view, I think the vids should be notated, in particular tutorial 2, cause it's REALLY good and tells you all about character specific stuff like 2C not working on Litchi/Noel after 6C. It also explains the properties of moves like 5B/5C being air unblockable, and how D~D follow up works - it could save you a lot of time on a guide later, Zidane.

Just put in like one sentence for midscreen combos really, it's not much work anyway :kitty:

My friend translated the notations from said tutorial, and Im re-translating it again. I believe it wasnt posted, this stuff was very helpful for me

214d~c(CH) -> 6c -> dash -> 5c -> 2c -> 6d~a -> 4d~a -> jump back j.8d~a -> 623d -> jump forward j6d~d -> dash -> 6c -> dash -> 2c -> j.c(x5) -> 5c -> 623d -> dash -> 3c -> 214d~a

Most troubling parts :

1)After 6C, If you input dash 5C too fast the dummy will be too far.Instead, do Dash, then 5C

2)From the backjump, if the dummy is too near, the j.8D will not "bite".After 6D~A, hold back to backoff a little before doing 4D~A.Or do dash 5C faster(Yes, its a contradiction to the above, I believe (1) is needed only for certain chars)

3)Back jump j.8D comes out too late(opponent techs).Despite being j.8D, you can J.7D.After 4D~A, do 7 and as soon Hazama leaves the ground press D.

4)After landing, Jakou misses.After any D, wait a bit for the dummy backoff and fall abit before sending 4D~A or Jakou.

5)J.6D after Jakou doesnt work.Hold 7 to jump immediatly after jakou, as soon you see Hazama airborne, press 6D. You can train this by backthrowing Makoto then J.6DD.

6) 6C after j.6D doesnt hit.If 6C doesnt come out, you're pressing way too early.If the dash doesnt come out, you're doing 66 way too fast.Do 656.If the opponent is teching before the 6C, do 656[C](hold).

7)5C wont hit after j.C 5x.If your dash 2C before j.C was too long, you'll be very close to your opponent.In this case, wait a bit before pressing 5C into j.C.

Character-Specific:

vs. Platinum: Instead {6DA, 4DA} do {4DA, 6DA}

vs. Rachel: After Jakou, use backjump for the j.6DD.

after doing the 6D 4D j.D 623D, I'm consistently, like 99 times out of 100 finding them too far away, generally too high, to get hit by the 623D. It's just not going far enough. Any advice? Tried delaying the C moves on the ground, and there doesn't seem to be much room for delaying the actual chain bites...Been tryin this with the same results on every character and multiple combos.

after doing the 6D 4D j.D 623D, I'm consistently, like 99 times out of 100 finding them too far away, generally too high, to get hit by the 623D. It's just not going far enough. Any advice? Tried delaying the C moves on the ground, and there doesn't seem to be much room for delaying the actual chain bites...Been tryin this with the same results on every character and multiple combos.

"4)After landing, Jakou misses.After any D, wait a bit for the dummy backoff and fall abit before sending 4D~A or Jakou."

Long story short: I can confirm on PS3 that some combos actually don't wok in training mode but will work in versus. So SOME OF YOU who can't do combos, it's actually not your fault. Can't confirm on 360.

Long story short: I can confirm on PS3 that some combos actually don't wok in training mode but will work in versus. So SOME OF YOU who can't do combos, it's actually not your fault. Can't confirm on 360.

What combos? I can test them on both systems.

#2 on litchi. When delay 6d, not delay 4d j7d and delay red chain it whiffs in training mode all the time. When delay red chain in versus it does not whiff. You can not delay red chain and have it work in both but it'll never work in training when delaying it.

#2 on litchi. When delay 6d, not delay 4d j7d and delay red chain it whiffs in training mode all the time. When delay red chain in versus it does not whiff. You can not delay red chain and have it work in both but it'll never work in training when delaying it.

Err, I meant #4 with 2a 2b before hotenjin.

I simply can't do the corner 236D > 66 > 5C > 2C > 623D > ... combo from the nicovideo.

It's just the better corner combo but it's a hell of a timing to cross and do the 5C far enough so the 623D doesn't whiff.

And let's not talk about the 6A [5A 5B 66] * X on hakumen -_-

What are some preferred combos after 214D-B CH?

I've just been doing 214D-B, 6D-A, 623D like in CS1, but I kinda feel like I could be doing more with it.

I simply can't do the corner 236D > 66 > 5C > 2C > 623D > ... combo from the nicovideo.

It's just the better corner combo but it's a hell of a timing to cross and do the 5C far enough so the 623D doesn't whiff.

And let's not talk about the 6A [5A 5B 66] * X on hakumen -_-

It's not hard at all. You cross under and 5C. The timing is easy. Just delay the dash.